It's Christmas

sound out - drabble collection

Nayoung’s on her way back to the dorm when she receives a call from Somi. Her brows furrow in confusion because they were on break, which meant that Somi was supposed to be at home. Nayoung accepts the call anyways.

“Hello?”

“Nayoung unnie? Nayoung unnie, where are you? You need to come back, right now.”

“I was out with my parents today, but I’m on my way back now. What happened?”

“Come back faster. We need you to come back and help us. Jieqiong unnie’s covered the dorm with mistletoe, and she won’t stop kissing us.”

“Just take it down.”

“We can’t! Any time we try, she just yells at us and puts it back up. Now we’re all hiding in our rooms because she’s been at it all day.”

Nayoung sighs at Somi’s response, “I’ll be there soon.” She ends the call, grumbling as her parents drive her back to the dorm. She remembers how peaceful the dorm was this morning when she left, and hopes that Jieqiong won’t be difficult when she gets back.

Pulling up into the parking lot, Nayoung quickly bids her parents goodbye before trudging up the steps to the dorm.

Nayoung takes her time getting into the dorm as she thinks of ways to get Jieqiong to take down the mistletoe, or at least get everyone out of hiding. She reaches the door quickly, entering the code as she slips inside. It’s quiet when she enters, and a small sigh escapes her lips when she realizes Somi wasn’t lying about the girls locking themselves in their rooms.

She doesn’t even make it to the end of the foyer before she sees the first mistletoe.  Nayoung reaches up to remove it from the doorframe when she’s suddenly on the floor.

Nayoung groans, looking up at the girl now sitting on top of her with a frown on her face. “What the hell, Jieqiong.”

“Don’t do that.” Jieqiong’s tone is stern, she briefly looks away from Nayoung to check that the mistletoe is still hanging above them. “The kids have been trying to take them down all day. I don’t need that from you too.”

“Well, maybe that’s because you’ve been kissing them all day.”  Nayoung says, slightly amused. Jieqiong looks at her with a pout and she finds herself looking away.

“But they love kisses. We give each other kisses all the time,” Jieqiong whines. Nayoung raises at brow at the other woman, sitting up slowly and looks up at the source of all her problems.

Nayoung then scans around the dorm, thinking she’s seen at least twelve mistletoe that Jieqiong’s hung around the living room and kitchen alone. “Where did you even get all this mistletoe?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know.” Nayoung looks back at Jieqiong, whose face is a lot closer than it was just a few moments ago. A small grin tugging at the younger woman’s lips before she quickly brushes them against her own. Nayoung’s still on the floor with Jieqiong sitting on top of her, blinking as Jieqiong pulls away with a smile.

“I’ve been waiting all day to do that.” Jieqiong gets off of Nayoung, reaching for her hands before pulling her up as well.

Nayoung finds herself being dragged around the dorm. Their first stop was in front of the bookcase, where Jieqiong had conveniently stuck mistletoe to one of their albums. “One,” Jieqiong grins, tiptoeing to press a kiss to the corner of Nayoung lips.

Before she could even respond, Nayoung’s being led to the kitchen, stopping just before they enter. “Two,” Jieqiong kisses her nose before lightly nudging it with her own. “Boop,” she laughs and Nayoung’s heart flutters.

They walk into the kitchen, just in front of the fridge, “Three,” where Jieqiong pecks her cheek, and takes a few more steps to where a cereal box sits with mistletoe on top, “Four,” and then the other.  

Jieqiong walks backwards, pulling Nayoung with her until she sits on top of the table, letting the older woman slide in between her legs. “Five,” she’s smirking now as her hands rest on Nayoung’s nape, pulling her closer to capture her lips in a soft kiss. Nayoung’s heart is beating loudly in her chest, and she hopes Jieqiong can’t hear it.

Nayoung’s eyes flutter close, letting her lips meld against Jieqiong’s before the latter pulls back, smiling as Nayoung lets out a soft whine. Jieqiong laughs, hopping off the table and leads Nayoung into the living room, but not without passing the mistletoe hanging from the kitchen’s doorframe. “Six,” Jieqiong lifts Nayoung’s hand, nuzzling her cheek into Nayoung’s palm before pressing a kiss there. “Since we technically used this one already.”

Nayoung follows Jieqiong around the living room, stopping every so often for kisses. They’re on kiss eleven when they hear muffled voices coming from one of the bedrooms.

“No, you go check!”

“You’re the one who called her. You check!”

“You lost, Yoojung unnie. You go check.”

“Best three out of five!”

“I think I was supposed to stop you from this kissing spree.” Nayoung lets out a soft laugh, turning her attention from the noise to Jieqiong as the younger brushes her lips against her jawline.

“You kind of did,” Jieqiong’s breath is warm against her skin, she can feel the younger woman’s lips forming a smile. “I’m not showering them with kisses anymore.”

"You weren't supposed to be showering them with kisses in the first place." Nayoung tries to sound upset, but fails as Jieqiong nuzzles into her neck, pressing a soft kiss on her nape. 

"But unnie, it's Christmas," Jieqiong reaches up to cup Nayoung's face in her hands, her cheeks with her thumbs. "I'm being festive." She's smiling as she pulls her down for another kiss.

"I guess it is." Jieqiong smiles even wider when she feels Nayoung's lips curve against her own.