Prologue

Missing

Dedication

 

For those who were broken hearted and yet, still found the courage to love again.

 

You know who you are, you stupid idiot.

 

Prologue

Think Kyuhyun, think.

I muttered to myself as I hastily packed my things. Yesterday, I was mooching off my cousins hoes but now that he and his girlfriend decided to move in together—seriously? Can’t they keep it in their pants for just a second?—I now found myself homeless, hungry, and penniless but mostly hungry.

I still haven’t received my severance pay from my boss when I was still working at the local Diner as a waiter after he fired me because I was being too vocal about how the diner doesn’t even pass the health code.

Seriously? He fired me all because I was suggesting that we clean the diner so that it’s not being infested by rats and various other insects.

How was I supposed to know that he doesn’t like it when—as he called me, busybodies get on his nerves.

“Do you really have to move in with your girlfriend?” I asked Donghae; pouting.

“I already promised her, and besides, you’ve been living with me for a month now.” He said  matter-of-factly.

Wow, after all of the things that I did for him—all the money he borrowed from me and all the times I treated him breakfast, lunch and dinner, it all went down the drain.

So here I am, standing outside a convenience store with a pack of chewing gum for dinner waiting for the rain to subside asking myself how am I supposed to pay my tuition fee worth  ₩ 1,000,000 and find a room that’s suited for a student and not hear noises from the next room.

I turned to look at a lamp post and there it was, like ramyun calling me on a cold winter night. An advertisement for a baby sitter for a lawyer’s three-year-old son, so, I walked towards it and grabbed the flier before anyone else can get their grimy hands on it. My jaw dropped because the pay is good as well. “₩ 300,000…that’s heaven already, I only have to pay ₩ 250,000 for the down payment and I can pocket the difference!”

I whooped so loudly that people stared at me as if I was a psycho. Well, in fact, I looked like one already because I was drenched. Who wouldn’t think that I don’t have a mental illness, right?