Chapter 18

Not According to Plan

Almost two weeks later, Alia was finally allowed to leave the hospital. Her parents had insisted that she go home with them so that they could look after her, but she had insisted on going home. Yoongi took her home to help her with her things. “It’s good to be home.” She said as she flopped onto her couch. Yoongi put her bag down beside her before grabbing them both a drink. “Here.” He said as he carefully handed her a drink and sitting down beside her.

 

He had visited her every day in the hospital since she had woken up, he had spent almost as much time at the hospital as her family had. Neither of them had brought up the fact that they were supposed to have been meeting on the night of the accident, but the thought had been playing on both of their minds. “How about I make us something for dinner?” Yoongi offered as he headed back into the kitchen and looked through the cupboards. “I’m not sure if there's anything in there worth cooking. I haven’t been shopping in forever.” She shouted through to him.

 

He spent a few minutes rummaging through her cupboards before giving up and returning to the couch. “Takeout?” he suggested making them both chuckle. They looked through the options on Yoongi’s phone before ordering their food. When their food arrived, Yoongi laid everything out on the coffee table, the two of them sitting on the floor, their backs against the couch. A few minutes later, Yoongi snorted as he watched Alia trying to eat with her left hand. “Shut up.” she mumbled as she adjusted her grip on her spoon.

 

He chuckled and took her spoon from her, scooping up some food and holding it up for her. She raised an eyebrow at him, “Really?” she asked, a smirk on her face. He smiled and moved the spoon closer to . “It’s either this or you end up wearing it.” He said, nodding in direction of the rice she had already managed to spill. She hesitated for a few seconds before leaning forward and letting Yoongi feed her. A small smile appeared on his face as he watched her eat. He quickly scooped up some more food for her. “Yah, I’ve not even finished yet.” She said with a chuckle as she covered her still full mouth. “So slow.” He teased as he held up the spoon. She grinned at him as he continued to feed her, only eating himself when she complained that he was feeding her too quickly.

 

Once they finished eating, Yoongi cleared up and they curled up on the couch. Alia couldn’t help but think about what she had been dying to say to him since before the whole mess with JaKyung had started. “Hey, Yoongi?” she said hesitantly. He hummed to show he was listening, his hand subconsciously brushing against her shoulder from its position on the back of the couch. “I need to talk to you.” She said, her serious tone catching his attention immediately. He turned off the TV, turning to face her. “What’s up?” he asked.

 

“You remember that I called you the night of the accident?” he nodded. “Well I have something I need to tell you.” She said as she looked into his eyes, determined to confess everything. He reached out and took her uninjured hand into his. “I have something I need to say as well.” He admitted. “You go first.” She said. He nodded as he took a breath. “I’m sorry.” Her eyebrows shot up at his sudden apology. “You're sorry? For what?” she asked, confused by the sudden apology.

 

“I’m sorry for not believing you about JaKyung. I know everything. I know that she likes me, and I know that she threatened you.” He said as he held her gaze. “How did you find out?” she asked, stunned that he had managed to find out everything. “Something just wasn’t sitting right with me after what happened. So I asked to see the security footage from the party. I was there for hours and I finally found footage from outside the bathroom where everything happened. The audio was terrible but I heard the full conversation. I heard that you had found out that she liked me and that she had told her mother that our relationship wasn’t real. And I heard her admit that she threatened you to break up with me. That’s why I'm sorry. You tried to tell me that JaKyung wasn’t what she seemed, but I didn’t listen to you and I hurt you. That’s why I kept turning up at your work and at your house. I wanted the chance to apologise but you wouldn’t let me.”

 

Relief flooded through him at finally being able to get the words off his chest. He had been desperate to talk to Alia about this situation since she had woken up, but he didn’t want to give her any stress whilst she was recovering, so he had held it in. It had been so difficult for him to not just burst and tell her everything. “Yoongi…” she let out a laugh, partially from shock, relief and disbelief. She leant forward towards him and he instinctively opened his arms for her, wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug, relishing in the feeling of having her in his arms. “I thought you hated me.” She said quietly. “What you said at the party… I thought I had lost you. When you called me I thought you were going to give me hell because you thought that I'd hurt JaKyung on purpose, that’s why I didn’t want to speak to you. I knew that if I listened to you saying things like that that it would break my heart.” She said, her face still buried in his chest. “But the night of the accident I decided that I had to face you. I needed to tell you what really happened. I never imagined that you would have figured it out on your own.”

 

He rested his head on top of hers. “I’m so sorry.” He said as he discreetly pressed a kiss to the top of her head. “I shouldn’t have said anything when I didn’t even know what was going on. I’m so sorry. I’m such an idiot.” He repeated as he held her against his chest. The relief at knowing that Yoongi didn’t hate her made her happier than she would ever admit. She eventually pulled back from him, not able to wipe away the smile from her face. “What is it that you wanted to say to me?” he asked softly as he held her hand in his, his thumb rubbing over the back of her hand.

 

She took a deep breath as her heart beat picked up. She had told herself that night that she was going to tell him everything about JaKyung and about her own feelings and now that she knew that he knew the truth about JaKyung, that he believed her… there was only one thing left to say.

 

“Yoongi… I love you.” She blurted out. Her eyes locked on their entwined hands. “I don’t know when it happened, but somewhere down the line I started wishing that our pretend relationship was real. I know the whole plan to pretend to date was my stupid idea in the first place, and I never intended in falling in love with you, but I did.” She said quickly. “When I found out that JaKyung liked you I felt so guilty. I had been planning on breaking up with you beforehand, because I didn’t know how to deal with my feelings. But then she forced me into it… it hurt so bad.” She admitted, her eyes still locked on their entwined hands. “Then when everything happened between us and JaKyung, I honestly thought that you hated me. That’s why I avoided you. I thought you were going to give me hell for what had happened, but I guess I was wrong. I know I’m probably way out of line for telling you this, but after almost dying, I guess I feel like I've been given a second chance and I had to tell you.” She said, her voice trailing off as she realised that she had started rambling.

 

Her whole body was tense as she waited for Yoongi's reaction. She felt him pull his hand out of hers and she felt disappointment slam into her. Her chest seized up at the impending heartbreak. She had just enough time to pull in a shaky breath before Yoongi cupped her face and slammed his lips against hers. He held her close, like if he let her go she would disappear. Her uninjured hand fisted in his t-shirt, her injured hand resting on his lap as his lips moved against hers, the kiss was messy and desperate as they each poured all of their pent up emotions into it.

 

He eventually pulled back from her, resting his forehead against hers, his breaths coming out in short pants. “I love you too, Alia.” He said, a true smile on his face which mirrored the smile on her face. “I don’t know when it happened either, but all I know is, the day that you told me you wanted to break up, I have never felt so lost. I’ve been a mess since that day and when you had the accident… I thought I had lost my only chance to tell you how I felt.” He said as he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

 

“I can’t believe this.” She said with a laugh. “I never expected you to feel the same.” She admitted. He smiled at her and gave her another, brief kiss. “Either did I.” he said with a smile. “Can we start over? But this time for real?” she asked. Yoongi pressed a kiss to her forehead, lingering there for several seconds before pulling back and holding her gaze with his. “Sounds like a plan to me.” He said with a grin.