Chapter 14

Not According to Plan

JaKyung checked her appearance for the fifth time in her hand mirror, carefully fixing her makeup and making sure her hair was sitting perfectly. She couldn’t believe that Yoongi had called her out of the blue to meet up. She was supposed to be in a meeting, but she had cancelled it, saying that she was sick and was going to the hospital for a check-up.  When Yoongi entered the small VIP room, a massive smile broke out onto her face. “Yoongi!” she said as she stood up, her happiness making her almost jittery. Yoongi nodded in her direction but didn’t smile. He ordered a drink from the waiter before turning to face her.

 

She could tell that he wasn’t in a great mood, but she kept her smile on place. “I’m really happy that you called me.” She said as she sipped at her own drink, careful not to smudge her perfectly applied lipstick. Yoongi looked carefully at the girl in front of him, his opinion of her tainted by what he now knew about her and her true nature which she tried so hard to hide. He waited until the waiter brought his drink before he spoke. “JaKyung, I have a question for you and I want you to answer me honestly, can you do that?” he asked, his voice was soft, but there was a slight hard edge to it. She nodded eagerly, “Yes, of course.” She said, her smile never faltering as she leant forward in her seat.

 

“Do you like me?” he asked bluntly, his eyes lifting from his glass to meet her gaze. A slight blush stained JaKyung's cheeks. “Yoongi…” she said with a giggle as she lifted her hands to cover her cheeks. “I didn’t expect you to be so straightforward.” She said with another giggle, her gaze pointing down at the table as if she was too shy to look at him. Yoongi said nothing as he waited for her response, his fingertips grazing along the rim of his glass. She looked up at him through her lashes when he didn’t reply and nodded shyly.  “I do. I’ve liked you for a really long time.” she admitted, hoping that her chance had finally come. That Yoongi would be elated with her confession and admit that he liked her too, but instead, Yoongi’s frown only deepened. “Enough to betray your best friend’s trust?” he asked, the hard note in his voice completely taking over.

 

 

JaKyung's hands fell away from her face, moving to rest on the table in front of her. she resisted the urge to fist her hands into the expensive table cloth. She twisted into a confused smile. “What do you mean?” she asked, her faked innocence making Yoongi angrier by the minute. He knew that she knew exactly what he was talking about, but she was playing dumb. Knowing that everything was just an act made him even angrier than he had been only moments ago. His grip tightened on his glass as he spoke again. “I mean that you knew that Alia and I were keeping the details of our relationship a secret and you told someone. Plus, you threatened her.” he said, his voice cold. JaKyung let out a gasp of shock of perfectly faked innocent and surprise.

 

“Yoongi! How could you say something like that?” she asked, doing her best to look offended by his words. a frown made its way onto her face. “Is that what Alia told you?” she asked before shaking her head. “Yoongi don’t you see?” she said as she reached across the table to grasp his hand in hers. “She's just trying to turn you against me! Her mother was talking about the two of you getting married and Alia found out a while ago that I liked you, that’s why she broke up with you! It doesn’t have anything to do with me.”

 

 

Yoongi pulled his hand out of hers in disgust. He scoffed at the red headed girl in front of him. “Alia was right.” He muttered, more to himself than to her. “You manipulated me. You knew that if you pretended to be innocent in front of me, with your fake tears added to the fact that Alia was angry, that I would assume that she was in the wrong. You set everything up so that I would misunderstand the situation. You wanted to build a wall in our relationship whilst leaving yourself a door to walk through.” He let out a harsh laugh. “You’ve put a lot of effort into cultivating this airheaded, innocent persona that you’ve shown the world. I’ll give you credit for that, that can’t have been easy to maintain.” He said, his eyes locked with hers. “That’s why I didn’t believe Alia at first when she said that you weren’t what you seemed. If I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes, I would never have believed it.”

 

 

Cold dread coursed through JaKyung as her palms turned sweaty with nerves. She bit on her lip as she frantically tried to reverse the situation that was unfolding between her and Yoongi. “What are you talking about Yoongi?” she asked, her smile finally faltering at his cold look. He pulled his phone from his pocket and brought up the video he had recorded at the hotel before sliding the device over to her. She picked the phone up with shaking hands, her jaw dropping at the faint audio. Yoongi smirked at her reaction, knowing that there was no excuse she could give to get her out of this situation. “I know the audio is quite hard to hear, but if you listen really carefully, you can just make out you admitting to threatening Alia to break up with me. You also get a great shot of you smirking at her over my shoulder when I carried you out of there.” He said as he leant back in his chair.

 

 

JaKyung’s eyes were wide as she looked up at him desperately. “Yoongi, this isn’t what you think it is!” she said desperately, dropping his phone onto the table. “I never threatened Alia! I asked her! She was planning on breaking up with you anyway!” she said, hoping to save the situation. Yoongi frowned at her flimsy excuse. “That’s not what it sounded like to me. Plus, I’m not exactly a huge fan of the way that you’ve apparently claimed me as your own.” JaKyung bit her lip as she tried to think of a way to explain herself. “You know that’s not what I actually meant. What I meant was that if Alia wasn’t pretending to be your girlfriend anymore then I could try to get to know you better. It would have looked bad if I'd tried to do that while you two were dating.” She said, proud of herself for her quick thinking.

 

 

Yoongi shook his head. “I can’t believe I fell into your trap and believed you over Alia. What happens between the two of us has nothing to do with you.” He spat as he grabbed his phone. “I suppose part of this is my fault. I must have accidentally led you on, but you must have known that the only reason I went to your party and took you flowers was because of my father’s orders. Our families are working on a merger, but I’m not so sure that’s going to be continuing after this.” He said as he slipped his phone into his pocket. He could see her frantically thinking of something to say. “And for the record, I will never be yours. So stay the hell away from me and from Alia as well.” He said as he stood to leave. JaKyung stood up and rushed around the table, wrapping her arms around his waist from behind. “Yoongi, please!” she cried. “I’m not a bad person! Alia doesn’t love you, but I do! I’ll be good to you if you just give me a chance!” she begged as tears began to fall from her eyes. Yoongi unclasped her fingers from his torso and pushed her hands off of him. He turned around to face her, his face expressionless, his voice low and cold. “I won't repeat myself a third time. Stay away from me and from Alia.” He growled before he stormed out of the room.

 

 

JaKyung fell back into Yoongi's chair, tears staining her face. “How could this have happened? I had planned everything to perfection. Alia would break up with Yoongi and he would be free to start dating me, just like I had dreamed about for so long.” She whispered to herself. She stayed like that for a long time, thinking over every interaction which had led her to this moment. Her hands curled into fists. “This is all Alia's fault. If it wasn’t for her and her stupid idea to start a fake relationship with Yoongi then this would never have happened.” She slammed her hand down on the table, the cutlery rattling from her action. “It’s all her fault.” She muttered, her eyes narrowing in anger. “I’ll make her pay for ruining this.” She promised as she grabbed her bag and stormed out of the restaurant.