Stranger

In love with Satan Hyuk

Hyuk woke up to a familiar scent that surrounded him. It was a sweet smell of a mixuture of strawberry and fabric softener. The smell of Hongbin after he takes a bath with strawberry scented shampoo.

Hyuk's eyed popped open at the thought of Hongbin.

Lazily, he stretched his neck uncomfortably and tries to get up, and felt fabric slide off him onto the floor. He rubbed his eyes to adjust to the light and bends down to look at whatever that fell onto the floor. Hongbin's blanket.

Hyuk felt his heart clench at the thought of him again.

'That is too much Hongbin for a Saturday morning.'

Now that he came to think about it, he remembered what happened. After they played for a while, Manager hyung called N hyung to tell the members not to wait for Hongbin and go to sleep. And of course he, as a sly maknae tricked N hyung into thinking he was fast asleep before he crept back out to the living room to wait for Hongbin. It wasn't that he waited for Hongbin since he missed him (well yes actually) but he knew that he needed to talk to Hongbin. They couldn't stay like that forever can they? Obviously, he fell asleep and missed the chance to talk to him alone.

Still confused by why Hongbin's blanket is here, Hyuk got up to go check the time as he casually picks up his phone from the coffe table beside him as his other hand goes through his hair to smoothen it. His fringe was weirdly smooth though, as if someone combed it for him.

It took Hyuk a while to notice he had been touching the coffee table for a mere two minutes while contemplating about his weirdly smooth hair befoe he realised he couldn't get his phone.

His phone was gone.

Rather confused and annoyed, Hyuk leaves the couch in search of his phone. He was relieved to find it on the shoe cupboard near the door to outside. He pressed the home button and saw that it was already nine thirty.

But then he remembered thathe turned off his phone before he slept.

Things became so weird that Hyuk started to sense a sort of weirdness that happened to him, and he wasn't quite sure that he could handle it. Still he unlocks his phone and saw that the "phone" page was opened. And that a number that he didn't know was dialed at seven. Hyuk felt an uneasiness slowly crawling up his skin. No one except from people he know can be dialed to him, and if his phone dialed to this stranger, the stranger will know that the number belongs to him, Hyuk of VIXX.

God knows what will happen if his phone number is discovered by the public.

But he needed to know who the person was, he can't possibly leave it alone. 'Curiosity kills the cat,' said Hyuk to himself as he bit his lip and pressed "call".

 

"Yeoboseyo?" said a male's voice. Hyuk gulped.

"Um-uh, hi, may I know who you are?" Hyuk mentally facepalmed himself for saying that even though he knew it was the only way he could put it. He sound like an idiot since you don't call someone you don't know. You are supposed to know the person you call.

"Wait, should you be- Oh you are Hyuk-sshi right? Han-Sang-Hyuk?"

"Uh-uh ... Yes ... " Hyuk could already feel the fear creeping up to him. This stranger, had his phone number, and now he knew that he was Hyuk ?!?!

"But who are you?"


Being late isn't something Hongbin likes to do. Let alone being late for two hours and half.

Unfortunately, he was indeed late as he checked his phone for the time after filiming his drama and getting onto the car. 'Looks like I have quite a lot of explaining to do later,' Hongbin sighs under his breath.

He, is fact had to meet a friend who was very close to him. They used to study high school together and were even closer than brothers. They grew apart after Hongbin's debut and weren't able to meet up as often. They tried meeting each other at least once a month to keep in touch, but for the past few months Hongbin had to delay their meetings due to their comeback and he couldn't help feeling guilty about. 

He was very thankful that Manager hyung allowed him to squeeze two hours from his schedule to see his friend, and even offered to drive him to the cafe where they were supposed to meet. He knew clearly that meeting his friend out in public during this time is dangerous and he can be seen easily by paparazzis or saesangs, which could bring uneccessary trouble to the company if any scandals or fan wars occur because of that. Hongbin shifted uncomfortably on his seat at the thought of these troubles, they are definately an idol's nightmare.

Hongbin checked his phone again to see that he was almost three hours late. 'Mianhae, Chunho,' sighed Hongbin. Even though he was able to meet many new people being an idol, but maybe having an ordinary life and being able to meet his friends often was something that he longed to experience.

5 minutes later, Hongbin found himself sitting across the table facing Chunho in a quiet corner of the cafe, with Hongbin wearing a mask and a cap. His friend, not at all displeased by his late arrival sipped his hot chocolate while giving Hongbin a curious (well questioning to be accurate but in a nice way) gaze.

"Uh-um sorry for that I had to film a drama and things just got delayed and-"

"Why are you so scared? Not at I would eat you up or something," Chunho chuckled, putting down his drink.

"I just thought you would want to know," replied Hongbin rather bashfully.

"Now if you continue to act so cautiously around me as if I were you date I will really eat you up," smiled Chunho, handing over the drinks menu to Hongbin. 

Well, thankfully the two had warmed up after a few more chats and proceeded to cracking lames jokes about their school life and teasing each other for their embarassing childhood memories. At one point Chunho choked on his chocolate and Hongbin almost fell off his chair laughing.

"Oh my- cough -you didn't-cough cough-" Chunho fanned himself while still coughing and laughing at Hongbin.

"We should have went to somewhere with less people," retorted Hongbin climbing up from the floor red in the face in embarassment. The amused and teasing looks from the other customers made Hongbin feel like digging himself a hole to hide.

"Then we would have looked like as if we were dating," replied Chunho.

"Coming to think about it, you must have met a lot of pretty girls when you are working, mind to introduce some to me?"

"I would have embarassed myself if I showed my colleagues that you are my friend, let alone introducing you to them."

"Oh come on, at least you have someone that you want to get closer to?"

An image of a beautiful Han Sanghyuk smiling under a bright sunny day just floated right into his mind.

 

 

 

Oh no he didn't.

 

"No," said Hongbin firmly, then drinking his cup of hot chocolate, " I don't really have an ideal type, yet."

"Oh really?" questioned Chunho, "Maybe you just don't like girls?"

Hongbin felt a shiver up his spine.

"Well, your dongsaeng Hyuk is pretty cute-"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!?!?!?!"

"For God's sake, chill," muttered Chunho, recovering from the aftershock of Hongbin standing abruptly and raising an octave of his voice, "you could have been noticed!"

"How did you know about him?"

"The phone. You left at seven this morning and phoned me to confirm about our meeting today. You used Hyuk's phone to call me because you were in a hurry and couldn't find your phone. You called me again when you got on the car because you found it." explained Chunho. "Then Hyuk woke up and called me back to ask who I am."

"And what did you tell him?"

"I told him I am your friend and you called me this morning."

"And he believed it?!"

"Well he asked me if I knew you phone number and I was able to tell him correctly," muttered Chunho, "I'm more surprised that you didn't remember anything about this morning."

'At least he was smart enough to ask about my phone number,' thought Hongbin. He checked his phone and saw that it was already ten, two hours sure pass quickly.

"Hey!" Hongbin waved his hand in front of Chunho, who seemed to be entranced by something outside the window. "What are you looking at?"

"Ah that was nothing," replied Chunho snaping out of his gaze. 'What did you say?"

"I need to leave now, I have a filming at ten thirty." saied Hongbin, getting up to leave.

"Sure, let's meet again after your filming, Mr busy." grinned Chunho in response, waving goodbye.

"You aren't leaving yet?"

"Ah-uh I just stay here for a while, maybe to get a piece of cake later? I don't know." laughed Chunho to himself.

'Ok then. See y'a!" Hongbin said as he stepped out of the cafe.

 

 

"Yeoboseyo? You can come in now." grinned Chunho on the phone.


AJKSJDFSDFLSKDFSKDFLSKDFLSKDNFKSLDFLSKDF

Yayyy Author nim is crazy and tired. School is soooooooooooooooooooooooo stressful!

Ehh there are only two parts for this chapter, but it says 1500 words in my word count, which is more than usual so please dont be disappointed.

Author nim is sorry for not updating often. School is just horrible.

 

Here are the answers pt. 2:

2. Notice how the two of them thought of the same things and also made some similar realisations throughtout the chapter.

Their thoughts were in sync and it helps them to realise them the same thing almost at the same time.

 

4. Notice that fear is dominating the both, though unsure of what fear and their reasons behind.

Hongbin: he was unsure whether Hyuk and others would accept that he loves hyuk as a partner

Hyuk: how he views Hongbin differently might suggest that his confusion of each other's identities and fear that he views Hongbin in an inappropriate persective/identity

 

There is something more powerful than fear, isn't? Or is it?

It is from the Hunger Games. The original answer is hope, but in this story, it is love and realisation that caused hope and finally overcomes fear. (Author nim realised it was kind of irrelevant so it was really weird that she had put it there at the first place but nvm.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author nim read back the past chapters and found that she didn't call herself "Author nim" until like the third chapter or something. It was really cringey back then reading those chapters urghhhh :D