Chapter 1

A Boy with the Red Hair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin is a herbalist living in a country of Ulsan. He had a very unique hair, not like any other people; his hair was red. He doesn’t remember if any of his bloodline has the same hair color as his. His hair was bright red, people could guess it as a blood color but it’s too pretty to be considered as blood color. He was born in Busan but after three years he was born, they moved to Ulsan.

“Good morning Mrs. Yunghwa, how may I help you today?” asked Jimin behind the counter. He’s preparing a flu medicine for the Lee’s family because one of the family members caught flu when they went on a vacation last week.

“I need my medicine; the last one you gave me ran out yesterday.” She said while smiling sweetly at Jimin and showing her toothly smile to him. “Really? How can that be? I made the medicine last week and I already calculated how many pills should be eaten in one day. For as long as I remember, it is suppose to run out for more than a week; a month to be exact.”

Jimin answered; he finished the flu medicine for the Lee’s family and giving his full attention to the lady in front of him that is sitting on one of the wooden chair he provided for his beloved customers. Jimin looked at the lady with his what-did-you-do-with-your-medicine look.

The lady smile sheepishly because of Jimin intense gaze. “I remember going to the bakery to buy some bread for my grandchildren while the medicine is in my purse. After that, I made my way to the fabric store. My daughter wanted a new piece of fabric to sew new clothes because she wants to go to the ball in a few months. Then I remember going to the barber shop because I miss my old friend, Reina; so I made my way to the shop. And then, I went home with my family waiting for me to have dinner together. I did so many things in one day.”

Jimin nodded as he hears the story of Mrs. Yunghwa while smiling non-stop. He knew about Mrs. Yunghwa illness but he didn’t mention it to anyone except for her family. Mrs. Yunghwa didn’t knew how does her medicine works or what was the medicine for, she only took it because her family asked her to take it. “I see. Let me prepare you a new medicine.” Jimin said. He walked to the counter on the other side of the room and he takes the ingredients he needs to make Mrs. Yunghwa medicine.

“I’ll send the medicine to your house when it’s ready; you should go home first and rest.” Jimin said while making his way towards Mrs. Yunghwa and the lady smiled sweetly at him before standing up on her feet and made her way towards the front door. “Such a nice boy you are, I hope this year would be such a great year for you.” She smiled and caressed Jimin face lovingly.

Jimin would lie if he said he didn’t miss this warm touch of elderly, he wishes his mother would caress him like this but he can’t be greedy. His mother had done so much to him to deserve this kind of life; he should be a better boy and make his mother proud of home even though she’s nope longer with him.

“So do you.” Jimin said while sending her off at the front door. They waved at each other before Mrs. Yunghwa decided to turn away and walked to the familiar path to her house. Jimin sighed before going back inside the shop, today is not a busy day for him; he could close early since today is weekday. He smiled afterwards while preparing the medicine for Mrs. Yunghwa and Hongbin. The last two customers for today before he closes the shop.

“And done. This would be enough for Mrs. Yunghwa and I’ll just drop Hongbin-ssi medicine at his home when I’m on my way to Mrs. Yunghwa house.” Jimin mumbled to himself. He grabbed his basket that he brought with him and he placed the two medicines inside the basket. He’s preparing for the medicine when he heard the bells chime indicated someone is entering the shop.

“I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter