Part 7.5

Daughter of Darkness, Son of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

So, I decided to start on the next chapter, which I reallyyy enjoyed writing BTW. It was so fun to write and articulate the fight scenes although this is my first one. I wanted to make this a separate chapter but it was too short for that but i couldn't just glue it to the previous chapter since it kinda ended on the perfect note.

So, I apologise if this a bit too short, and please critise me about this fight because it will a lot of fighting going on in the future so I don't want it to be wonky.

Enjoyy!

It was dawn already and Rose was patiently waiting for her instructor to arrive at the grass area. Hana was beside her to monitor the session as ordered by Ms. Lee. She could visibly see that Rose was nervous and agitated. It was her first time being taught by someone else other than her Father, Gremor.


“Ms. Park, look!” Hana suddenly said, making the girl even more agitated as she looked toward the gate.


There, a woman, probably in her early thirties or late twenties walked towards them. From distance, she was of fair height but it is when she walked closer that Rose realized that the woman was far shorter from her.


The instructor walked up to Rose and gave a soft smile as if it to ease the awkward atmosphere that surrounds them. She then let out her hand and says:


“You must be Roseanne Park, I’ve heard quite about you from Ms. Lee. My name is BoA and from now on I’ll be training you for the upcoming Grand Magic Tournament”


Frozen in her stance, Rose did not know what to do but stare until Hana softly calls her name to which she let out her hand and shook hands with her new mentor, BoA.


After that, BoA placed her heavy suitcase on a nearby bench and removed her coat. As usual, Rose did nothing but stare.


“Now, shall we start?” BoA says calmly and gave out an eye smile towards Rose as if to calm her down as well.


Rose looked back at Hana to which she nodded and stepped back.


“The first thing we are going to do is determine your physical level and to do that you are going to fight me”


As soon as Rose heard those words she became more anxious. She has never fought someone in a duel before, much likely her Father. The only things she did was to practice and learn new spells to cast. If she is this scared for just a regular duel like this was she even remotely prepared for the actual tournament? Is she even going to beat her destined opponent? Surely, she can’t just die like that, wouldn’t she? I mean, this is precisely why Ms. Lee was kind enough to assign a mentor to her, to be prepared both mentally and physically.


Rose looked in front of herself where BoA was preparing her fightin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter