Part 5

Daughter of Darkness, Son of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

I quickly made this chapter because in few days my family will be moving apartments so the next chapter might be a bit longer and I have lots of homework that I have to catch up on.

I am very confident that you guys will absolutely love this chapter because it's full of romance and fluff [kind off]

 

And also, I've seen few of the comments on the last chapter and I noticed that you guys think it was Jimin who killed Rose's father. I would not be sure about that but let's see.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter

Just before the boy turns nineteen, Haron removes him from the mansion without notice, setting him up in a modestly sized flat.

 

It is a modest flat with basic furnishings, so similar to his former rooms that he finds difficult anything resembling homesickness, save for the library, although he still possesses a great number of books.

 

He inquires as to when what is referred to only as his challenge will begin. Haron will not say, though the move clearly marks as the end of his formal lessons.

 

Instead he continues to study independently, reading a great number of books, studying new spells and writing down on his notebook when necessary. He practices the things he has been taught, though he is still weak in his physical skills compared to his intellectual.

 

No longer under the supervision of Haron, Jimin takes long walks around the town. The sheer volume of people is nerve-racking but the joy in being able to leave his flat whenever he chooses outweighs his fear of accidently bumping into passerby as he attempts to cross the streets.

 

He sits in parks and cafes, observing people who pay him little notice as he blends into crowds of young men in interchangeable suits.

 

As he walks back to his flat, he places a hand on his pocket and realizes that his notebook is missing, the one which he puts all of his useful spells. Jimin retraces his steps, growing more anxious each turn. A light rain begins to fall, not much more than mist, but several umbrellas spring up amongst the crowd.

 

He pauses his search and stops at a corner beneath the awning, watching the lamps flickering on up and down the street, wondering if he should wait until the crowd thins or the rain lets up. Then he notices that there is a girl standing some paces away, also sheltered beneath the awning, and she is poring over the pages of a notebook that he is quite certain is his own.

 

She is perhaps eighteen, perhaps a bit younger.

 

He steps closer, but she does not notice, she stays completely absorbed in the book. He can now see that it is, indeed, his own journal.

 

Jimin watches her expression as she flips through the pages, a mixture of confusion and curiosity.

 

‘I believe you have my book’, he says after a moment.

 

The girl jumps in surprise and nearly drops the notebook but manages to catch it.

 

‘I’m sorry’, she says quickly pushing she journal to him.

 

‘You dropped it in the park I was trying to give it back but I lost track of you and then I… I’m sorry.’ She stops, flustered.

 

‘That’s quite alright,’ he says, relieved to have it back. ‘I was afraid it was lost for good, which would have been unfortunate. I owe you my sincere gratefulness, Miss……?’

 

‘Lilian’ she replies. ‘Lilian Evangeline’. Then the silence came as she awaits for his name.

 

‘Jimin’ he says. ‘Jimin Park’

 

‘Pleased to meet you, Mr. Park’ she says.

 

He should thank her and take his book and go, it is the sensible thing to do. But he is not particularly inclined in return to his empty flat.

 

‘Might I buy you a drink as a token of my thanks, Miss Evangeline?’ he asks, after slipping his notebook into his pocket.

 

Lilian hesitates, likely knowing better than to accept invitations for drinks from strange men on darkened street corners but to his surprise she nods.

 

‘That would be lovely thank you’ she says.

 

Jimin offers her his arm, which she takes, and they set

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter