Part 3

Daughter of Darkness, Son of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Hi, ya'll.

You've probably been wondering why I haven't uploaded anything for such a long time and I am very very very sorry for that. It's just that I've been very busy and I had other priorities.....

 

who am I kidding? Look, i was procrastinating on the fanfic. Whenever I thought about it I was not motivated to write anything and besides everytime I hold the laptop in front of me ready to write something my mind just goes blank.

I mean I know the outline of the whole fanfic and how it's supposed to go but it's the little details and how am i gonna execute it. Yes, I know I am overthinking it but that's just me, overthinking everything because anxiety, that's why.

I put a lot of effort in the first part of the chapter and the remaining parts were all just seemed so lousy because I felt like I was so focused on my writing and grammar so much that it was holding back the plot (yeah, like I have a decent plot lol) and went full 'screw it' mode and powered through it.

So yeah, I am very dissapointed in myself (but then again, when am i not?)

 

In the morning the dark, misty and cold forest that was evident last night has now become beautiful breathtaking woodland. The breathtaking view of the lagoon with birds chirping sweetly sounded like music to Rosé. Wind blowing softly felt like a breath of fresh air.


Leaves crunched roughly beneath her feet, grass tickled under her bare foot. Gentle dewdrops like tiny beads fell from the leaves onto her forehead. The sunrise was far away so lovely and filled with colors like blue, violet, orange etc. A sweet smell of came from the flowers near the pond hanging onto the air. The colorful fishes jumped happily as they’ve found their food.


It was such a peaceful and stunning view of the forest in the morning.


Fawn was gone when Rosé woke up from her sleep. The cold grass beneath her and the sound of the frogs and crickets awakened her. After washing her face in the pond she walked back into the deep forest to where she was yesterday, covering her growling stomach with both of her arms wishing that there was an apple tree around this forest.


When she came to the spot where she was yesterday she saw someone already standing there still as a statue. The tall man was wearing a black cloak covering its whole body.


‘You’ve finally come. How long must you sleep?’ he said sounding as if he was making a statement.


Rosé bit her lip in frustration. How could he say that to his own daughter that he forced to sleep outside?


‘Father, I am hungry. I need the energy to practice on my powers!’


‘Roseanne, you are not a human, you do not require food to give energy”


‘You haven’t fed me in a long time and even if you do all you give me is stale bread!”

“Please! Father!” she begged as her stomach growled louder.
However, in return, she received a harsh slap on her cheek which turned bright red and made her fall on the ground. Rosé touched her cheek that felt swollen after the slap.


‘You dare to ask me for food, you little weakling! Do you think you deserve such luxurious treatment from me? What have you done to deserve it? I gave you your life, powers, and nourishment and after all this trouble you turned out to be nothing but a pathetic and weak!
You were chosen to be my daughter and I am responsible for your progress but it is making me look bad that you fail to do the most basic thing. I have given you the lessons and training for you to improve and build on your powers. What more do you need?’


Rosé couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Nourishment? Life? Did he ever give her that? Is he even her father? She never received love from him, all he gave her was bad memories and deep scars. Memories that will surely be buried down within the deepest depths of her heart that she will never revisit again.


She hated him.


She despised him.


She loathed him.


She felt disgusted that his blood was running through her veins.


She felt disgusted to call him ‘Father’


The man standing right in front of her, her father….

No, not her father….

Or never was.
 
The man called the Gremor Park watched her cry sickeningly as he kicked her to get up.


 As much as she tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. Tears burst forth like a water from a dam, spilling down her face. She felt the static forming in her head, the side effect of the constant fear, constant stress she lives with.


The sobs were stifled at first as she attempted to hide her fear, then overcome by wave of her emotions she would break down entirely, all her defenses washed away in those salty tears.
When she felt another kick hit her stomach she got up and wiped her tears. The sad and miserable Roseanne has now been overtaken by anger.


“What are you crying for? Are you really that weak?
Tsk. Pathetic”


Her swollen and red face slowly changed and her face contorted in an all - consuming anger; her nostrils flaring, her eyes flashing and closing into slits, quivering and drooling, slurring words that were unintelligible came spewing into space like a volcano releasing its pent up emotions into the darkness.


Her hands closed into fists and she crouched forward, daring him to repeat once more the words that had torn her heart into fragments. Rosé grabbed the man by the collar pulling him to her level with her fragile, stick figured arms.


Out of reflex, Gremor quickly grabbed Rosé by her hair, pulling her away from him. When he faced her eyes he no longer saw the traces of tears. Gremor watched as the whites in her eyes turned a pure black, and as her iris glowered red. Symbols, lines, and dots formed in the iris, placed in a sort of manner. Her lethal stare was almost painful and piercing as if her glare was tearing him apart with a blinding red flame.


And in a flash of a second, the forest s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter