Part 4

Daughter of Darkness, Son of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

So I immediatly started Chapter 4 after finishing the 3rd one because I don't wanna let ahyone wait for like 5 months like I did with Chapter 3. But I really enjoyed writing this chapter particularly because there so many interesting and important aspects of the plot that were happening.

But I felt like it was too fast, like the it was too fast-paced because I just wanted to finish it quickly so I can move on to the next chapter because the next one is also full of surprises.

 

‘The game is very simple yet difficult at the same time. All you have to do to win is to kill the other person you are matched with. This is precisely why you are trained from your childhood, for this duel. But don’t forget that your ‘match’ is also trained from when they were a child by an esteemed wizard so I wouldn’t underestimate them if I were you. They have trained just as much as you, or even more and that’s why we need to work even harder to make you stronger, do you understand?

Nonetheless, you don’t need to worry about your opponent, for now, all you need to focus on is yourself and your powers.

However, there is a trick to your powers. Fire works differently from other elements I have mentioned such as water, wind, earth and what not. The emotion of the bearer have a big part in the element, in this case, it only applies to fire, which is why you have to be aware of your feelings and control them at all times. Fire is directly connected with anger and frustration, in which explains why you were able to trigger them that night but now you have to be careful and be calm in any situation you encounter or else your body will not be able to keep with the immense amount of power that is flowing through your body.

Oh, and one last thing. Since the time of the duel is approaching sooner and sooner than we think, we have to strengthen our training sessions. I will put up more challenging and stronger obstacles for you to defeat and it will last longer than before so I don’t want you to be fiddling around your little forest or play with your furry friends anymore. Of course, break is allowed but I want you to only focus on this. Do you understand?’

 

Sitting at the other end of the table Rosé blankly looked at her palms while Gremor was explaining the rules and tried to take it all in. For the past years, all she has been doing is playing with powers to satisfy Gremor. Of course, now she gets to at least eat something every day, some weird stuff that Gremor gives her that he says strengthens a person’s flow of energy and stability. She always smells them to make sure he is not giving her poison or anything of some sort.

 

She also doesn’t have to sleep outside anymore because now she has her own room in the dungeon, which she thinks is worse because at least she can sleep on the grass beside Fawn but in the dungeon, there is none of those.

 

He looked at her intently as if waiting for a response or a confirmation but Rosé kept looking down at the table.

 

‘So, just because of this…this game that you speak of, I’m not allowed to have a normal life? You’re saying that I have to keep practicing and training on this dumb thing that I never wanted in the first place? And now, all of my life is going to waste because all I’m doing is preparing myself to fight someone just to kill them or to be killed by them. What if I’m the one who dies? If I die, then what does that make of me? All of my life will be meaningless and pointless. I’ve never done something with my life but to just be locked in your cold dungeon like a training dog, and to come out to “play” with you when necessary and to just die like that? Did you really care what I wanted? Did I ask to be in this sick game of yours? All I want is a normal life with normal family and especially a normal fa-‘

 

Before her words were finished she received a harsh slap from Gremor who could barely keep his frustration.

 

‘What did I just tell you? You need to control your emotions and stay calm. It’s a good thing I stopped at the right tie or else this house would’ve been gone by now. If your emotions go out of control your element will fully take over your body and you won’t be intact with it anymore. After that, it will destroy everything around them until your body can’t handle it anymore and burns to ashes.’

 

After a few minutes of silence that seemed like hours, Rosé finally spoke changing the subject.

 

‘Who is it? She whispered looking down at the wooden table.

 

‘What?’

 

‘Who is my opponent then?’

 

‘The rules does not allow me to say them. You are the one who has to find it out yourself. But remember, time is running out, you are almost 17 now so you have to hurry. There is a specific tie limit given to when the game is played. If you the contestants cannot fulfill their mission by the given time both will perish and suffer the endless agony in hell.’

 

‘So, what’s the point of this then? If we can’t fulfill we’ll both die or just one of us die. Either way, someone loses their life. What’s the point?’

 

Gremor laughed maliciously as if it did not bother him one bit.

 

‘That’s simple. It’s for fun, you know? To see which one of our trained candidates win. It’s like another version of which one of us is stronger? But different. Haron and I have been it for years now.’ He said with a smile.

 

‘So you’re saying that you took people’s lives just for your own entertainment?’

 

‘Precisely. You’re not the only daughter that I had.’

 

Rosé clenched her fists so hard that her knuckles turned white, and gritted her teeth from effort to remain silent, her hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid-burning, slicing, potent. Her face was red and suppressed with rage until it snapped to her. She had to keep it cool and calm herself down.

 

‘You can go now, to your "room", I think I’ve told you enough. We will continue our prac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter