Part 7

Daughter of Darkness, Son of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

I'm sorry for the hiatus, I have no excuses this time. But here it is.

I'm sorry, I at romance so I really tried to be as flattering as possible.

Slowly and reluctantly, he uncovers his face. He blinks, closes his eyes, and blinks again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the window and blind him. Jimin sits up, drags his feet off the bed, and rubs his knuckles into his eyes. He stretches his arms above his head and yawns.  He sat there aimlessly as if thinking of something, which he was. Jimin could not stop thinking about yesterday’s ball especially his encounter with Roseanne. Something feels weird about her, she had this energy.

 


Her figure was slender, too slender even and was fit inside a simple cherry red dress. Her fiery orange hair combed up in a soft bun that made her look clean and sophisticated. And then there were her eyes. Her eyes were the color of deep sienna, with a mischievous glint that seemed to reflect the corners of , which were fighting a smile. They were every shade of brown you could imagine, a raw umber and caramel mix, dotted with bits of dark chocolate. They glow with humor and playfulness that gives you shivers and wraps you in a warm embrace at the same time.

 


He got up from his bed and greeted Lily who was preparing breakfast. She was preparing bacon and eggs like she always does. It has been a few months since they have met and Lilian decided that they should live together although Jimin insisted that it was too early. However, Lilian always had a way in persuading him to agree with her.

 


“I’m sorry, I’m not feeling like eating today,” he said which surprised Lily


“Why? Are you sick? You’ve never been like this before” she asked concerned


“I apologize, Lily, it seems that I have eaten too much yesterday at the ball, I couldn’t help it,” he said followed by a chuckle


“But anyways, I need to visit Ms. Lee today to discuss the work for today”


Lily was silent and continued cooking after a while. He sensed that she was a bit disappointed but shrugged it off anyway and left the house.

 


When Jimin arrived at her mansion, he found out that Ms. Lee has left to the town council for urgent matters, so he decided to wait for her in the mansion.


He walked up to the library and peeked inside to see that someone else was also in there. Jimin was shocked to see that it was Roseanne. She was sitting in the middle of piles of dusty old books as her eyes were completely lost in the book she was reading. As he stepped closer he could see what book she was reading. It was a book about complex magic and spells.

 


“I see you like reading”

 


This sudden statement in the silent library made Roseanne jump and immediately back away from him out of reflex.

 


“I apologize, did I frighten you? I did not mean to”

 


Roseanne looked at him with her soulful brown eyes that made Jimin shiver and after she confirmed who it was she let a chuckle followed by a sigh.


“Assistant Jimin, right? I didn’t see you coming in. Are you here looking for Ms. Lee?”


“It seems that she has been sent to the council for some issues, so I am waiting for her here.”


“I see. I saw her rushing out early this morning but did not have the chance to ask” Rose says as she began to put the books on the shelf.

 


After that, there was an awkward silence lingering the room.

 

 

“So, are you a relative of Ms. Lee? I’ve worked for Ms. Lee for few years and never seen you until yesterday. You left the ball quite early yourself as well.”


“I’m…”


Just as Rose was about to say something one of the maids, Hana, came in.


“I’ve got a message from Ms. Lee, she said she will be extremely busy for the next few days as many noblemen are requesting her presence so will not be here for a few days”


“When will she be back?” Rose asked


“She is not sure yet, anyhow, Ms. Lee has assigned Jimin to accompany you during her absence”


“Me?” Jimin points at himself confusingly


“As you know, Ms. Lee becomes very easily attached and she is very protective of Rose that she cannot trust anyone but her Assistant. She believes Assistant Park can protect her while she is away for the time being.


Ms. Lee has also told me that Ms. Park has decided to participate in the Grand Magic Tournament so she will be sending in a professional instructor to train Ms. Park who will be arriving tomorrow at dawn. I hope Ms. Park will be prepared if you need anything else please don’t hesitate to ask.”


And then Hana bowed and left the room leaving nothing but silence.


“Wait, you’re participating in the Grand Magic Tournament as well?” Jimin said confusingly


“So, you’re participating as well, huh?” Rose said in a thoughtful manner


“But why is an instructor coming tomorrow, the tournament will not be happening in at least 5 years from now?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter