Part 6

Daughter of Darkness, Son of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Sorry for the short hiatus. My family had to move apartments and we had to wait for the Internet to be connected in our new apartment, and all that stuff.

So this chapter, I wrote when i was very tired but I proofread it many times and I still think its a bit too fast paced and unnatural. If you feel the cringe then please say so and I will try to improve my writing, cause it's just, Im never satisfied with my writing.

But hey, hope you enjoy it.

“Miss?”

 

 

“Miss?”

 

 

“Miss? Please wake up.”

 

 

“It is 8 o’clock already, Mrs. Lee wishes your presence downstairs,”

 

 

Rosé woke up after a long nights sleep to see one of the maids standing by her bed. The maid softly smiled and then went to open the curtains in which Rosé growled when the bright sunlight hit her face.

 

“It’s time to get up, Miss. The breakfast is ready. Mrs. Lee is waiting for you downstairs.”

 

For a moment, she thought she was dreaming but after a few minutes, it was evident that the scene in front of her was indeed a reality. She was laying in an enormous bed with long lacy red canopy and a mattress that is so soft and comfortable that she could just drown in it.

 

On the other side of the bedroom, there was a huge closet that reached from one side of the room to the other with full beautiful and colorful gowns that the maid was going through, probably choosing what she will be wearing for the day.

 

Rosé looked at herself and instead of wearing the old torn and dirty piece of clothing around her, she was dressed up in a soft, long white nightgown.

 

It was almost too luxurious for someone like Rosé to reside in this place or even wear such expensive and fancy clothes. While she was looking around stunned by the view of the bedroom the maid took a dress and placed it on the chair beside her.

 

“We should hurry up, Miss, we can’t let Mrs. Lee wait any longer”

 

When she walked towards the mirror to look at herself after dressing herself up, with the help of the maid mostly, Rosé questioned whether it was her standing in front of the mirror or an entirely different person. Her injuries, burn marks, scars have all seem to disappear, only smooth clear skin is visible and her fragile slender body covered by a beautiful slim rose pink gown with short sleeves that showed her collar bones. Her bright orange hair was neatly tied up in a bun with a few flowers ornamented around it.

 

“We’re done. Now, let us go to the dining room.” The maid says as she was smiling at Rosé and her reaction. She too was surprised when she saw Rosé. She was indeed beautiful and just as Mrs. Lee suggested, the color pink really suit her.

 

Rosé has never seen anything like this before. Long shiny table surrounded with dozens of chairs and variety of food served onto the table that made her stomach growl, the chandelier that hung itself on the ceiling with what seemed like hundreds of candles lit onto it, the long red velvet curtains with golden locks in it and through the window the sun shed its light to the table but not on the lady that was sitting on the other end of the table.

 

Rosé focused her attention to the lady. Something about the lady seemed cold and distant that made Rosé shiver in her steps. Her eyes were sharp and could see through the soul of anyone. Her unnatural ash gray hair was pushed back and she was not wearing a gown but rather a suit.

 

“Why don’t you sit down?” she said in which Rosé hesitated for a moment not knowing what to do or where to sit before finally taking a seat at the first chair on the right side of Mrs. Lee.

 

When Rosé sat down Mrs. Lee stared at her intently like as if she just murdered someone. It is at that moment where she felt her whole body burning inside her that she regretted the choice she made in sitting right next to her.

 

“Come on, eat up. You are hungry, right?” Mrs. Lee finally spoke breaking a warm smile to her surprise.

 

Rosé quickly nodded her head and proceeded to eat her meal. She took a small sip from her soup that was placed in front of her and her cheeks immediately turned pink.

 

“Oh my god, this is simply amazing. I’ve never tasted something like this before”

 

“You’ve never drunk a soup before?”

 

“No, never.” Rosé blankly said as she finished her soup but her stomach was far from full. She proceeded to eat the other dishes that surrounded her but she hesitated and looked at Mrs. Lee

 

“M-may I…?”

 

“Of course you may eat to your heart's content, darling”

After the breakfast was finished Mrs. Lee and Rosé went to the guest room to converse a little. Rosé never felt so full in her life, she could barely move. Even the maids were surprised to see a young lady

eat so much and in such an unmannerly way before but she gave no attention to them, all she could concentrate on was food. She thought all of this was a dream, that she would wake up in that cold dungeon any moment and all this fantasy would disappear but that wasn’t the case.

 

Roseanne sat on the small cozy chair next to where Mrs. Lee took hers. It was clear that she was nervous as she fidgeted her fingers so much without sparing a glance at Mrs. Lee.

 

“So…”

 

Rosé jumped when Mrs. Lee spoke out of nowhere.

 

“Y-yes…?”

 

“What is your name?”

 

“Roseanne. Roseanne Park. Bu-but you can all me Rosé if..if you like…”

 

“Roseanne Park, huh?” she said as she raised her hand to her chin as if she was thinking something deeply.

 

“And where did you come from? You seriously couldn’t have lived like that, otherwise, you’d be dead already and I’m sure you are not homeless either.”

 

“I…I…Frankly, I don’t know either. All I remember is I was in a forest, it disappeared and I ran. Just ran until I saw a town or some sort. But I think I ran too much and was out of energy so I collapsed just when I reached the town. My eyes were closing in and all I could see was a person or a woman to be precise. And the next moment, I was here.”

 

“That’s right…..”

 

“Was that you? Did you brought me in?”

 

“Precisely. You see, you looked like you were in so much pain and your eyes were just popping out of your sockets as if you were crying for so long and you were just….

 

….

 

Skinny. I’ve never seen someone so skinny like you before and I thought that you needed some help. It’s like you were running away from something and I couldn’t just leave a young little girl on the streets like that. Roseanne, do you know what would happen to girls like you if were just in the city streets alone?

 

So I brought you into my mansion. Oh, you looked horrible, bruises and burns everywhere, I don’t even know how you survived like that.”

 

“You treated me?”

 

“Well not exactly me”

 

“Wow. Just gra… I… I…I am so grateful to you. I don’t even know how to pay you back, I bet I caused a lot of trouble for you-“

 

“Don’t say that, Rosé. You are no trouble for me and I am happy to take care of you, you needn’t pay me back”

 

“You mean, I-I can stay?”

 

“Well, of course, you can,” she says smiling gently.

 

The next few weeks was like a dream come true to Rosé. She woke, ate and lived like a noble woman. She along with Mrs. Lee observed through the city, went to cafes, watched theater plays and all these

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter