seventh shot

Last Call

To say that Jayoung was nervous would be an understatement. She sat on a stool behind the bar, right up against the wall. The female watched as the boys prepared for the night, each completing a different task. Seungri was on the other side of the bar, plugging wires and all matter of things to get his set up ready. The other Seunghyun was in front of the doors, fiddling with his earpiece which allowed him to communicate to everyone. It made her reach up and touch the ear piece in her own ear; the men had thought it was best she had one too, just in case. He was waiting for the signal to open, and he smiled as he caught Jayoung’s gaze on him. She quickly looked away, turning to watch Jiyong leave the office, his bright green hair definitely demanding the attention of others. Lastly, she turned her attention to the two men in front of her. Youngbae was taking inventory of the alcoholic drinks they had left, while Daesung made sure everything was clean and in order.

Jayoung shifted uselessly, pursing her lips. She was slightly bored, but she couldn’t interfere. This was their job, not hers. Youngbae made eye contact with her, smiling bright before taking a few steps closer, standing beside her.

“Don’t be nervous. Nothing will happen, not while we’re here. I promise.” He assured her, before holding out his little finger. “I pinky promise. That’s how serious I am” Youngbae attempted to make a serious face which made Jayoung let out a small giggle, not hesitating as she wrapped her pinky around his, moving to touch their thumbs together. Seunghyun watched the exchange from the door, frowning. He felt slightly jealous; Jayoung would only let him touch her when she was in a panic. But there she was, willingly making contact with Youngbae without even a flinch or the slightest sense of hesitation. A small crackling voice over the ear piece announced that it was opening time, and Seunghyun opened the door, taking the first ID and checking it before waving the person in.

Soon enough the club was filled with people and the music was pumping in everyone’s ears. Jayoung honestly did not like how loud it was, but she took a deep breath and it up. It was better behind here than out with him. She washed and dried every glass that was handed to her, neatly stacking them within reach of the bartenders. The small female watched as the two bartenders bantered with each other, occasionally ‘accidentally’ pushing the other out the way or spilling some drink on the other. The even flirted with some of the customers too, enticing them into buy drinks she hadn’t even heard of. Seungri was definitely enjoying himself up with the music, even more so since some girls joined him to dance by his side. She sighed, watching as Jiyong walked around the VIP section, talking to the rich and influential. They helped make this club what it was, after all. He had to keep them happy.

Then there was Seunghyun. The club was packed and basically full, so they had to restrict how many people were coming in. He was standing all on his own, looking just about as bored as Jayoung felt. Biting her lip, she stood up and placed a hand on Youngbae’s back to get his attention. As he turned back she leaned in, whispering to the male so he could hear her.

“I’m going to go see Seunghyun” She nodded slightly as she pulled back, Youngbae smiling and flashing her a quick thumbs up before turning back to the ever-demanding customers. Jayoung slipped out from behind the bar, edging around the walls of the club, trying to avoid contact as much as possible, which was very hard in a club like this. She eventually made her way to Seunghyun, but was pushed by accident by some drunk girl having too much fun. Jayoung fell forward, colliding with Seunghyun’s chest. Lucky for her, he had quickly reflexes and grabbed hold of her, standing her up.

“Are you okay?” He asked genuinely, checking her for any injuries. Jayoung smiled and nodded slightly, moving to sit on the table beside where he stood.

“You looked lonely” She mumbled, slightly embarrassed. The female swung her legs, looking down at the ripped jeans Daesung had given to her to wear. Seunghyun stared quietly at her for a moment, smiling slightly. So she did care about him. He grinned, leaning back against the table.

“Yeah, I was. You looked bored over there” He was a bit hesitant to mention it, not wanting the female to know that he had been watching her. Jayoung laughed a bit, nodding before looking over at him.

“Yeah, I was” She replied, playing with the bracelet on her wrist. Jiyong’s voice came over on the ear piece, making the girl jump from surprise.

“Seunghyun, I know you’re having fun being a little lovebird, but I need you to let more people in now. The crowd’s looking a little thin” Jiyong said drily. Snickers could be heard from the other males while the so-called lovebirds blushed from the embarrassment. Seunghyun cleared his throat, opening the doors again. Jayoung sat to watch him, smiling politely at the people who made eye contact with her. A male held out his ID to Seunghyun, looking around boredly before making eye contact with Jayoung. Seunghyun handed back his ID as he smiled brightly at her.

“Jayoung!” He exclaimed, rushing over and wrapping his arms around her. She was taken aback to say the least, and Seunghyun was worried. “Where have you been? You disappeared; I haven’t seen you in like, two weeks!” He pulled back, smiling at the surprised female. “Are you hanging around here lately? What does he think of that? I mean, he never approved of you hanging out with me or let me take you to clubs! Unless. . .” The mysterious male turned to look at Seunghyun, frowning. “You broke up with him? Is this your new boyfriend?” He finally took a breath, letting Jayoung get in a word.

“I’ve been busy. And no, Seunghyun isn’t my new boyfriend. I.  . .guess you can say I broke up with Je- with him” Jayoung smiled, holding onto the hands of the male. Seunghyun coughed a bit, closing the doors as Jiyong told him to do. “Oh. . .this is Seunghyun. Seunghyun.  . .this is Tae. He’s been my friend since high school” Jayoung smiled as Seunghyun politely greeted him.

“Hey, it’s nice to meet you, gosh!” Tae had turned back to Jayoung. “Where did you go without telling anyone? He’s been looking for you. He said you just disappeared one night and didn’t come back. Why did you guys break up? You were so perfect together and literally so cute” Jayoung strained a smile, opening to speak again before Tae spoke over top of her. “I think the boys were taking him here tonight. You know, to help him move on? Since this club is so big it must be so easy to pick up girls” Seunghyun tensed as he looked at Jayoung, who was still keeping up the pretence of being fine. “Anyway, I have to go. I’m meeting up with a blind date here. I’ll text you and let you know how it goes!” He hugged her one last time before disappearing into the crowd.

“He’s here tonight” She whispered softly, dropping the pretence now that he was gone. “Seunghyun, he’s probably already inside. I saw all the males you let in just then. I didn’t recognise anyone but Tae” Jayoung’s fingernails dug into her forearms, clutching tightly. “He knows I’m here. He has to know. He knows I was at your house. He’s been following me” Seunghyun placed a hand on her shoulder, quickly alerting the other males. Youngbae looked worriedly over where she was, telling Daesung to mind the bar as he decided to make his way over.

“I’m coming to get her hyung. She’s safer behind the bar” He said over the piece, already pushing his way through the crowd. Seunghyun gritted his teeth; he didn’t want Youngbae to be her saviour again.

“She’s safe here, Youngbae. He’s probably watching. If we move her now he will know that something’s up. We have to act natural” Seunghyun replied calmly, his hand still on Jayoung’s shoulder. It was Youngbae’s turn to grit his teeth.

“She’s out in the open with you! She’s safer behind the bar, where no one else has access” He finally reached the two, and they continued to bicker in person. Jayoung sighed, shaking her head slightly. She honestly didn’t care where she went. She just didn’t want to be seen. The female looked up to say something, locking eyes with a male in the crowd as she did so. He face froze, and she reached out, faltering a few times before grabbing Seunghyun’s arm.

“S-Seung- Seunghyun. He’s here. He’s right there” Jayoung whispered fearfully. This caused both males to stop bickering and try to look where she was looking.

Youngbae was quick to act, pushing through the crowd, actually seeing who she saw. Seunghyun followed, but it was too late. Jayoung had already seen him disappear. Terrified, she pushed her way into the crowd, not knowing where she was going other than the opposite direction she had seen him go. A hand grasped her wrist rather tightly and pulled her back, the grip too strong for her to pull away. She was roughly pulled against their chest as the low voice of a male spoke closely to her ear.

“Just where do you think you’re going?”