sixth shot

Last Call

It was around 1PM when Daesung finally arrived at the house. With a sigh he took out his house keys, since no one was answering his knocks. Fumbling a few times, he finally got the keys into the and turned it, pushing the door open.

“I’m home!” He called out, hearing a loud ‘yeah!’ of acknowledgement from Seunghyun in the lounge room. Hanging his coat up and placing his keys in the bowl beside the coat rack, the brown haired male dragged his feet into the room. “Did you know how long it took me to walk here? No one would drive me!” He let out a long whine, flopping into the chair beside Seunghyun. He looked over at Jayoung, who was stretched out on the couch. She was wrapped in a blanket that hung over the back, face barely shown from how high the blanket was drawn. Daesung made brief eye contact with her, offering a happy smile. Jayoung nodded slightly in response, burrowing in deeper as she turned her attention back to the movie that was being shown on TV. It made him frown slightly, looking at the elder male beside him. Seunghyun just shook his head in response, offering a small shrug. Jayoung was actually pleasant company before Daesung got home; even going as far as to initiate some conversation. Coughing a bit to break the silence, he looked between the elder male and the female. “So, what are we doing tonight?”

Seunghyun looked over at him slightly confused about the question. “We’re going to be working, of course. It’s a Friday night, it’s one of our busiest nights” He stared at Daesung. What was he talking about?

“No, I mean with Jayoung. What is she going to do while we’re at work?” The younger questioned, and Jayoung moved her head up slightly, interested in what they were going to do. “Is she going to stay here?” Seunghyun looked at Jayoung’s face. She had turned to look at Seunghyun at Daesung’s suggestion, eyes slightly wide. After their little situation with the necklace earlier, she didn’t want to be left alone. He obviously knew where she was.

“Uh. . .I don’t think so. She wouldn’t feel safe” Jayoung smiled gratefully at Seunghyun, glad that he understood her feelings. “Maybe she could help out at the club tonight? I mean, she probably couldn’t help me with security, but maybe she could help you and Youngbae. Even if it’s not making drinks, she can at least be washing the glasses. Plus she would be safe behind the bar with you guys, right?” Seunghyun raised an eyebrow at the younger. His last question seemed to come out as a threat; making Daesung dread what would happen if something did happen. Daesung cleared his throat, nodding a bit.

“Of course hyung. Jiyong hyung mentioned something similar this morning at the cafe after you both left” Seunghyun nodded in response, humming in appreciation. Jiyong and he often had similar views.

“Great minds think alike” He stated, letting out a small chuckle.

“But fools never differ” A small voice said, making both of them look at the couch, slightly surprised. Big bambi eyes stared back at them, awaiting their reaction. Jayoung jumped from the sudden burst of laughter that erupted from Daesung, staring at him. “It wasn’t that funny” She mumbled, embarrassed as she pulled the blanket over her head. Seunghyun chuckled after she disappeared, leaning forward to gently touch the blanket.

“So are you okay with it? With coming with us to the club tonight?” He asked quietly, Daesung’s laughter finally dying off as he watched the interaction. He was interested with how this girl and Seunghyun became close so quickly, but he shook it off. It was natural; Seunghyun was quite easy to get close to once people get past his cold appearance. A small nod from under the blanket signified her agreement, and Seunghyun leaned back to his seat. “Well. That’s settled! Jayoung is coming with us tonight. And you and Youngbae shall keep an eye on her”

Jayoung was slightly comforted that she would be around Youngbae; she knew him a bit more than the others. He was the original one to take care of her, and the first one to look after her injuries.

“I don’t have anything to wear” She mumbled as she poked her head out, fingers playing with the edge of the blanket. Sure, what Jayoung was wearing was nice. But it wasn’t really club-behind-the-bar worthy. She would look out of place, and she would stand out like a sore thumb. The boys exchanged a look. What could she wear? It’s not like Dara was here to help out again.

“Should we go shopping for clothes?” Daesung asked curiously, but Jayoung quickly shook her head. She wasn’t ready to be in public for that long, and she wasn’t willing to parade in clothes in front of males.

“What if she just borrows one of your band tees and jeans? I mean, they might look a bit big on her, but she might fit in a bit more” Seunghyun offered, and the two nodded. It seemed like the most rational idea. It also meant that she didn’t have to leave until she went to the club.

Daesung moved to stand up, looking at Jayoung on the couch. “Do you want me to pick out the clothes for you” She looked at him, nodding meekly. To be truthful, she was very comfy and warm where she was and wasn’t willing to move. The blanket made her feel safe. Daesung had walked off to his bedroom, so Seunghyun leaned forward to the female.

“Jayoung. You should probably sleep. You won’t get home to early in the morning, and there’s not many places you can sleep at the club” He offered her a small smile, and she gave him a small thumbs up. She was half asleep as it was. Jayoung watched the TV, eyes drifting closed as sleep took over. She still hadn’t recovered all her sleep, and was becoming weary easily. Daesung left his bedroom, a pair of black skinny jeans and a band t-shirt of some nineties rock band that is probably obscure to most over his arm. He opened his mouth to speak, but noticed she was fast asleep and hung the clothes over the arm of the chair. He came and sat down next to the elder male, sighing as he turned to look at him.

“What are we going to do with her, hyung? She needs to go to the police. They could help. We can’t do much. I don’t think we can protect her that well, especially since we don’t know what we’re up against” Daesung sighed, a face creased with worry. Seunghyun ran a hand through his hot-pink hair, staring at Jayoung as he replied.

“I don’t know, Daesung. We can’t force her to go to the police; she might hate us for it. It could maybe even make things worse. I wish I knew what we were up against, but I don’t. All I know is that it’s a male, and he’s a sick bastard for doing this” Seunghyun’s gaze went to Daesung, and looked into his eyes. “She’s twenty-four, Daesung. She’s so young. Who knows how long this has been happening to her? How long has it taken her to finally run away from it all?” Daesung could tell that Seunghyun was genuinely worried by her predicament, and he reached over to comfortingly pat his arm.

“We’ll work something out. Something will work out. We will do something to help. Even if it means she gets to live here forever. We won’t let her go back to that monster” Daesung said, smiling at the male. Seunghyun offered a smile back, but felt queasy. He hadn’t known the girl for long, but he was already feeling a strong connection to her. The bodyguard turned to look at the helpless and damaged female that lay on his couch, and his heart skipped a beat. His own reaction surprised him; why was he feeling an overwhelming need to protect her? To hold her tight and never let her go? To make her feel like she would never get hurt again?

He didn’t know it yet, but he was beginning to fall for her.

What he also didn’t know, is that he’s not going to be the only one.