pre-drinks

Last Call

The clock struck 3AM as the last few stragglers made their way out of the club, a tall man closing the door behind them. The man his heels, walking to join the four other owners of the club at a table, five pints already placed in front of each chair.

“Not wasting any time tonight, are you Youngbae?” The tall man sat down and stretched his long legs out, sneakily making contact with one of the other males. The man yelped in pain, pulling his leg onto his chair so he can rub his shin, glaring at the tall, mischievously smiling man. Another man came and joined the four, sitting down with a grin.

“We had a good night, plenty of visitors, plenty of drinks sold, plenty of numbers” He laughed a bit, glancing at the few serviettes on the bar with various phone numbers written by drunk girls who had eyed up the bartenders.  “Why waste time?”

With all the males finally seated around the table, a shorter male with shocking lime green hair stood, raising his glass in the air.

“With the end of yet another successful night, I would like to thank you all, my brothers, for helping my dreams come true. I could never thank you enough” He smiled, clasping the shoulder of the black haired male that sat beside him. A few whoops followed his statement, and he waited for them to quiet down before continuing. “I would just like to thank you all. . .Youngbae and Daesung, for being the best bartenders and keeping the ladies interested in buying drinks” He smiled at the two sitting next to each other, before moving on to the pink haired tall man. “Seunghyun, for being a wimpy bouncer and dealing with the drunks” Seunghyun opened his mouth to protest, but quieted once he noticed how happy it made the others to hear the joke. “And finally,  Little Seunghyun. Thanks to our youngest, Seungri ,for providing the music” He grinned as the others raised their glasses in responses.

“Here’s to another great month!” They said in unison as Jiyong sat down, all taking a sip from their drinks. The creak of the door made them all pause, turning their attention to the club’s entrance. Dim light shined in from the street lamp out front, soon blocked by a small shadow as someone entered. Jiyong shot a look at Seunghyun, who soon put his drink down and stood up, suspecting it to be a drunk who just wanted to party.

“Excuse me? We’re actually closed right now. You could come back tonight, if you’re still up for it” Seunghyun took on a cheery attitude in an attempt to not startle or instigate a rise out of the stranger. Not getting a response, he opened his mouth again, but froze as a figure came into the shine of the fluorescent lights. A small collective gasp arose from the males as a female of short stature came into view.

She was around five foot, pale skin and sunken cheeks. Her eyes were rimmed with dark black bruises, mixed with the dark circles of insomnia. The female’s hair hung limply from her head, cascading down to her lower back, some strands stuck together from the congealed blood, a result from a wound on her scalp. Purple – black bruises littered the skin that just seemed to hang from her bones, blood stains on various patches of bare skin. She was barefoot, and was draped in a jacket that engulfed her thin body, hanging down to her thighs. The female opened to speak, wincing as the cut on her lip opened again from the force.

“Can I use your phone?” She croaked out, voice hoarse and shaky as her thin arms wrapped around her body, fingers clutching tightly to the jacket.

~~~~~~~~~~

a/n : prologue finished. I'm trying to keep the title names drink themed - because, hey. why not?
I'm not sure if this is interesting or grasping enough so far. . .but I am currently working on chapter one ( first shot ) as you read these words.
so. . .keep an eye out? thanks for reading, I look forward to hopefully entertaining you.