twelfth shot

Last Call

Jayoung almost fell off the couch in her effort to move away from Youngbae, grabbing hold of the blanket to keep herself up. Jiyong stood in the doorway, waiting for an answer to his question. The green haired male flicked on the lights, stalking to the couch and grabbing Youngbae’s shoulder, who was equally as shocked.

“I’m going to be borrowing him for a moment, Jayoung. It’s nice to see you again” Jiyong strained a smile, dragging Youngbae off the couch and shoving him into the laundry room. “What the !?” He whispered yelled, shoving Youngbae’s shoulders gently, but forcefully. “What is she doing here? You know how Seunghyun feels! Does he know? How long has this been going on?”

Youngbae was taken aback by the sudden assault of questions, reaching out his hands and gently gripping Jiyong’s shoulders. “Calm down. I invited her here. When I left the club she was leaning up against my car. This is the first time I’ve seen her – any of us has seen her – since she left. I didn’t even know she was coming” Youngbae ran his fingers through his hair. “And of course I know how Seunghyun feels. But he doesn’t give a about how she feels, or how we feel. How about people give a about how I feel for once?” He spoke angrily, arms crossed over his chest. “I’m sick of bending over backwards and trying to cater to Seunghyun's feelings. He’s dealing in his own way. I’m sick of my heart hurting. Do you know how happy I was when I saw her? I. . .I felt like I could finally breathe again” He sighed, slumping against the washing machine. “I don’t want to keep tiptoeing around Seunghyun. He’s already beaten me up and scared her away once. I don’t want it to happen again. I want to care about myself for once, and not him”

Jiyong stared at the male, running his fingers through his green locks. “Won’t Seunghyun still care though? He’s obviously hurting too, shouldn’t you-”

Youngbae cut in before he could go any further. “Seunghyun doesn’t give a anymore! Jayoung was telling me how he’s blocked her number. He’s screening her calls. She’s hurting just as much as he is” His voice grew quieter. “Just as much as I am”

Jiyong wasn’t sure how to respond. He knew Youngbae was hurting, but he didn’t know he was hurting this much. Reaching out he pulled the elder into a tight hug, affectionately ruffling his hair before pulling away. “Alright. I get it. We’ll sort something out. Just. . .just don’t mention it to Seunghyun yet. But let’s get back out to Jayoung. She probably thinks it was her fault. I wasn’t exactly the nicest when I came in” Youngbae let out a laugh, and the two left the laundry room.

Jayoung was pulling on her hoodie again, arranging her hair as she leaned down to pull on her shoes.

“You’re leaving?” Youngbae asked, a slight rise of panic in his voice. No, no. This can’t be happening to him already. “But you just got here!” Jiyong noticed the look on Youngbae’s face, hurriedly putting a hand on his shoulder.

“You don’t need to leave. I’m sorry for sounding rude I was just. . .shocked. It’s just been a while” He chuckled softly, ushering Jayoung to sit back down. “I just came to speak to Youngbae” Jiyong turned to Youngbae, pointing his finger. “That’s right. Can Daesung move in with you for a while? Seungri doesn’t exactly have room for him in his house to keep sleeping on the couch. And Daesung. . .he’s scared to even go back to the house. I would take him. . .but you know” Jiyong shrugged. He was engaged, but going through some troubles. His devotion to work seemed to be putting a strain on his relationship, with Chaerin not being happy about how work took precedence over her. Youngbae nodded sympathetically, patting his back. “Daesung was a bit too prideful to ask you himself”

“You’re my brothers, you know you’re welcome any time” Youngbae smiled, turning back to look at Jayoung. “So you have to stay tonight. Give me some sanity before Daesung comes tomorrow” Jayoung laughed and nodded, leaning back before Jiyong opened his mouth.

“Actually. . .he’s here now. Downstairs. In the car” Jiyong raised his hands, waving them slightly. “Surprise?” He offered up, smiling slightly. Youngbae groaned, leaning back on the couch and covering his face with his hands.

“Send him up” He responded, letting out a sigh. “I’m so, so sorry” Youngbae rolled his head to look at Jayoung, and she let out a soft laugh. Jiyong sent a small text to Daesung, telling him he could come up.

“It’s fine, don’t worry. Daesung’s not too bad” She shrugged her shoulders, kicking off her shoes as she pulled her knees up to her chest. “It’ll be like a mini reunion” Jayoung laughed a bit, covering her legs with a blanket to keep warm. A few seconds later the hurried noises of feet on the floor outside and the door was opened.

“Hyung! Thank you so much” Daesung dumped his overnight bag on the ground, flopping onto the couch beside Jayoung. “Oh, hey Jayoung” He turned back to Youngbae. “Is the spare bed – wait!” Daesung flipped around, hands on her shoulders. “Jayoung? What are you doing here?” She let out a soft giggle, wrapping her arms around Daesung’s waist in a hug.

“Hey Daesung. I just came for a visit” Jayoung smiled, squeezing him gently before pulling back. Youngbae couldn’t help feel the tiniest bit jealous at the hug, but he shrugged it off. It wasn’t like Daesung liked her that way. “You should go to sleep now, though. You had a long night at work, right? I’m sleeping over tonight too, so I’ll speak to you in the morning” She pressed a hand to his cheek gently, grinning at him as he yawned. Daesung reluctantly agreed, getting up to head to the spare bedroom.

“I’ll be off then” Jiyong nodded his head, tugging his keys out of his pocket and waving before leaving through the front door, locking it behind him. Jayoung waved goodbye, letting out a small yawn.

“I think I’ve gotta sleep too. Where will I be sleeping?” She looked at Youngbae, who froze. Since Daesung arrived, he took the spare room.

“Uh- you can have my room” Youngbae nodded his head, leading her into the bedroom. He took some sleep clothes, and handing some to her too. “I’ll see you in the morning” He left the bedroom, closing the door so she could change in privacy. He got changed in the laundry before walking to the spare room, shoving at Daesung before climbing into the bed. “Move over. I’m bunking with you tonight” Daesung shuffled over, excitedly turning to Youngbae.

“It’ll be just like a sleep over!”