II

[Discontinued] Unexpected Places
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kira gently kicked the door with the heel of her foot to close it before diving onto one of the beanbags she had bugged Baekhyun to get for his office. "Hey cat paws," Baekhyun mumbled as he dug through one of his cabinets.

 

"Shut up, cheesecake." Kira dramatically rolled her eyes but was secretly enjoying the fact that they keep using pet names for each other. "Why are you always looking for something every time I get here?"

 

Baekhyun stopped what he was doing and shut the cabinet close before walking towards her. "I always misplace my stuff, but it must be some kind of crazy coincidence that I need them when you're around." He ruffled her hair before passing by her figure and grabbing his guitar from its stand and proceeded to sit on the couch. “Grandpa Baekhyun!” Kira called out.

 

“Shut it. You’re forgetful too,” he stuck his tongue out childishly at her, but she was just as childish because she reciprocated in the same way. “You better watch it kid.”

 

“You were being a kid first, Byun Baekhyun. But, fine, my mother always told me to respect the elderly.”

 

“I’m five years older than you, you annoying kitten!” Kira just laughed and rolled down from the beanbag and laid on the carpeted floor.

 

"So how's my favourite girl doing?" He started to pluck the strings randomly, probably to tune it.

 

"Same old." She was honestly exhausted since she just finished her practical test that she had to redo and all she wanted to do now was sleep. "I'm so tired I could sleep for two weeks straight."

 

Baekhyun removed his fingers from the instrument and looked at her in concern. "How much sleep did you get these past few days?" Kira looked at him and he could clearly see the dark circles under her eyes.

 

"I'm 100% sure you can tell from my face." She said with a deadpanned expression. "Sing me a song, Baek. I want to clear my head."

 

He stared at her face for a few more moments and seeing how she had closed her eyes, he decided to fulfill her wish.

 

A melody started playing but the most magical moment was when he started to sing. She opened her eyes and got into a seating position, completely captivated by his voice.

 

Don’t make me wait, don’t make me wonder

It’s not too late, stay a little longer

Fighting the waves, pulling us under

It’s not too late, stay a little longer

 

Kira couldn't get her eyes off of him, mesmerized by his sincerity and how passionate he was as he sang with his eyes closed. She had always thought he was a good singer but she didn't know he was absolutely talented at it. And also, the lyrics had so much significance, she was sure he was singing about the both of them.

 

Can’t deny all the times I couldn’t face your bad side

You come inside, let me dry those rivers under your eyes

 

When the last word was sung and the last string was strummed, he looked up at her only to see her glistening eyes and slightly ajar. He was a bit embarrassed at the attention and awe, and his ears turned a deep shade of pink.

 

She watched his shy form and giggled at the sight. "You're really good, do you know that?" She emphasized on the “really” and watched the small smile on his face twitch.

 

"I'm not that good," he scratched his head and he never met her eyes. Kira got up from the floor and sat next to him on the couch. "Nonsense, Baek. And you're so cute when you're embarrassed." She poked his cheek with a finger and laughed when Baekhyun swatted her hand away.

 

"Go away," Baekhyun cried out before running to the window seat.

 

"You're like a child too, and it kinda suits you. A 27 year old child, you must be living the life," Kira said as she watched him cross his arms and huff. Baekhyun straightened up and stood, pointing at her.

 

"You know way too much about me now, you." He went back to the couch and sat next to her.

 

"Is that a bad thing?" Kira titled her head and wondered out loud. He turned and stared at her. All they needed to do was to lean into each other for their lips to touch, that was how close they were seating. The fun atmosphere had turned serious in milliseconds.

 

"I don't know, cat paws." He spoke in a soft tone, and the room sounded a lot quieter now.

 

"I shouldn't have told you that. That nickname is going to follow me until my death bed." She sighed while taking her shoes off so that she could put her feet up on the couch.

 

"Your friend is right, though. Your hands are really tiny." Kira turned her body completely to face his, her knees against her chest.

 

"They aren't that tiny!" She looked at her hand and then showed it to him. Baekhyun looked at his hand too, and then scooted closer to her till her ankles were against his thigh.

 

"Give me your hand." Baekhyun placed his hand flat against hers and the moment their hands touched, he exploded with laughter and Kira too couldn't help but laugh with him, but at the same time her cheeks heated up because her hands were indeed ‘cat paws’

Please log in to read the full chapter