VII

[Discontinued] Unexpected Places
Please log in to read the full chapter

Like most relationships, there were the arguments- words that have been wanting to escape tightly shut lips making their appearance. The anger, the frustration, the tears. Kira was patient, and so was Baekhyun. But with the stress from work biting at them constantly, unfortunately, they only have each other to lash onto.

 

"Why the hell are you even shouting at me Byun Baekhyun?!" Kira stared at the man in front of her as if he was a stranger. It had been months of exhausting days of work and the last thing she wanted to do was argue with Baekhyun. They had their fair share of conflicts here and there, and that was perfectly normal. But on this particular day, she was sick of it and she didn't want to argue anymore.

 

"First of all, this is my house. I'd like to know who steps into it and what's going on it." He was glaring at her with so much menace that for a second there, she was deathly terrified of him. But she was not going to back down when she did not do anything wrong. And how dare he use the “this is my house” card. Wasn’t it him who insisted she live with him? "Number 2, she's my mother. I don't care if she insisted on not informing me but what the heck were you thinking? Text me at least!" The way he spoke to her cut her- it cut her deeper than she would've allowed his words to.

 

It hurt so badly.

 

Tears were swimming in her eyes at the tone he was using- as if she was the stupidest human alive, and most importantly, that he hated her. She was infuriated with him and she would've yelled ugly words back at him, but she couldn't. She just couldn’t.

 

He seemed to crumble as he stared into her tear-filled eyes. The long sigh he let out did not calm her, because she misunderstood it as him being tired of her for not being strong enough to not cry, and that filled her with even more rage.

 

Baekhyun noticed the anger that was emitted by her, and took a step towards her but she only took five steps back. "I'll leave then," her voice nearly cracking, "so that you don't have to come home and yell at someone when you're clearly worn out," she was speaking for both herself and him.

 

"Kira-" He took fast steps towards her but she was even quicker. The anger he felt leaving him as fast as it came. The guilt so evident on his face, but Kira wouldn’t look at him.

 

"It's better this way. We need a break from each other, Baekhyun." He already missed the way she called him "Baek." He wasn't happy, and was about to refute with all his might when he deflated. He knew she was right, but the prospect of being away from her did not sound nice.

 

He nodded.

 

 

She came back- smiling, sweet, calm. Baekhyun was more than relieved, finally able to stop pacing in front of the door, wrapping his arms around her.

 

He did not see how her eyes no longer had the fire that was always there when she looked into his eyes.

 

 

Everything went back to normal, at least for a month. She said, “I want to settle some things at my house”, he said “okay.” That was that.

 

For two weeks, she did not come back home to Baekhyun’s arms.

 

They both knew Kira was avoiding him at all costs and it frustrated Baekhyun so much that you'll catch him yanking his hair out or muttering curses to himself as he stared at his phone. She never picked up the phone, if not she'll answer with a "Sorry, I'm busy," and end the call. Baekhyun didn't know what was going on and he was worried sick of her. The fact that she still answered some of his calls reassured him, which was why he had not drove to her condo yet.

 

He had called Jihyun, who was also suffering the same treatment but was apparently used to it, and even called her mother to see if she had gone back to visit them. It was as if she disappeared from the face of Earth.

 

With his work schedule, he couldn't catch her at the hospital, and it was too late in the night to drive over to her house. But on a late Thursday night, he finally drove over to her house and finally confront her about her behaviour.

 

Knocking on the door, he covered the eyehole and waited. He heard shuffling, and the door creaked opened slightly to reveal a very dishevelled looking girl whose eyes were bloodshot, her face looked sunken and she screamed lifeless with a capital L. She looked thinner from the usual lean physique, and she looked so tired that he wondered how she was standing at that

Please log in to read the full chapter