Haru

Suddenly

“La,la,la,la…”

Jungkook sings a random song, or more like humming a mixture of Paper Heart and Boyfriend songs while walking to his house from the elevator. He is happy and in love, and why is that? Because just 20 minutes ago, Jungkook has had the best kiss in his life that had made him to scold himself internally for not meeting Jimin sooner.

And what made that kiss is the best among the other kisses that he had shared with Jimin for the past months of dating? Well, first, because he got to kiss Jimin again for the nth time in this month and Jungkook wishes to kiss him again tomorrow. Secondly, the major reason is that Jimin taste super sweet this time.

“Why did you keep on eating that cake?” They are standing in the elevator, waiting for it to reach Jimin’s house floor.

Jimin keeps on eating it without sparing him any glance, not really giving any thought to answer that question so he settles with an obvious answer. “It’s delicious.” When the door open, Jungkook snatches the box of cake away from Jimin. “Hey, I’m not finished yet.”

“You’ll get fat.” Jungkook hides it behind his back while grabbing Jimin’s waist to bring him closer.

Jimin just clicks his tongue. “but one piece of cake will not get one’s fat.” He says while pouting but his hands are already reaching to hug Jungkook’s side.

They stop in front of Jimin’s house, not ready to separate yet. Jungkook wishes to stay overnight but his brother had called him one hour ago, reminded him to go back home after sending Jimin home because he has something to discuss with Jungkook. Jimin leans his back on the wall, staring lovingly at Jungkook while Jungkook did the same, giving Jimin his best heart eye.

When Jimin traced his hand slowly to Jungkook’s arm before reaching for his shoulder, Jungkook already has an idea what is about to happen. They both lean at the same time when Jimin linked his hand at Jungkook’s neck. And their kiss taste sweet and vanilla.

Jungkook was grinning like Cheshire cat, walking to his room. “Jungkook, come here.”

“Oh, Hyung. I’m sorry. Didn’t see you there.” He walks to the living room but then he spots a big cocoon-like-thing beside his brother. “What is that?.....wait! A BABY?”

“Wow! Wow! Hyung? Why there is a baby inside our house?” Jungkook looks shocked and slightly taken aback because well, who don’t when there is a baby inside a house of two unmarried men and furthermore both of them are dating a guy. The baby is sleeping soundly and not flinch at Jungkook’s loud voice.

“How about you tell me, Jungkook-ah?” Jin takes a letter from the table before giving it to Jungkook. He takes it with that suspicious look on him, frowning at Jin’s words.

 

I’m sorry but I can’t take care of her anymore. Please take the responsibility as her father for now, Jungkook-shi. Don’t try to find me but I’m sure you won’t even remember who I am. Her name is Haru and she’s one year olds.

From: Haru’s mom

 

“.” Jungkook face palms himself.

“So, what you’re going to do?” He his lip, feeling it’s starting to get dry, watching Jungkook while pinching his own nose. Jin was watching TV when someone rings the doorbell. He stood up to see who at the intercom but met with nothing. When he opened the door, there was a baby in a baby carrier and a bag beside her.

Jungkook takes a heavy breath.” I-I don’t know.” He doesn’t know what to do as breathing also will only suffocate himself, trying to choke him to death. The baby is so deep in sleep, not stirring at their voice like someone that Jungkook refused to acknowledge it.

Jin sighs hard, pitying his own brother. “Look, first, I’ll ask one of my friend to run a DNA test for you but I’m not sure how long it will take since the hospital is busy now but I’ll do my best. And then, tomorrow we need to do a shopping for her.” It’s too foreign to say that baby name yet so Jin just ended with that nickname.

“But we need to find a nanny for her too. Finally, your biggest problem----“

“Jimin.” Jungkook cuts him before he can finish his sentence because what will be the biggest problem to Jungkook, a very major and important to him rather than Jimin. Can he tell Jimin about it? How well Jimin will take it? Will Jimin leave him for having a baby? Knowing whose the mother is the very last in Jungkook’s list when all he can think of that time is Jimin.

Jin pats his brother’s shoulder, bringing him back to their conversation. “I’ll take care of her for this night. You still in shock but I hope you can think throughout tonight. Come out with a solution tomorrow.”

Jungkook just nods at his brother’s word, trailing his eyes along with Jin’s movement, starting from how carefully he lifted the baby until he disappeared into the room. He sleeps on the couch, too overwhelm to even move to his own room.

The next day, a brand new challenging day for him since the baby, that baby girl started to crying non-stop, demanding for someone to feed her but living with two single men, how can they understand a baby language when all they can hear is the a cry sound. “Jungkook, go, search for something in the baby bag.”  Jin urges Jungkook to look for some guidance or help that maybe her mother had left for them.

At least her mother is not that cruel to left them hanging with nothing basic to hold on about baby when Jungkook found a book inside the bag. And everything they need to know is inside it, written in a clear and easy to understand writing. “Hyung, she needs her milk.”

“Okay, then make some for her.” Jin deadpanned, but Jungkook scratched her neck while continues reading. “But-but I don’t know how.”

“Give it to me!” Jin snatches the book away from Jungkook, reading something before shoving that book again to him. “Here, do what was told in here.” He points his finger to the page showing on how to prepare milk for the baby.

Jungkook storms into the kitchen bringing all the things he needs, at least that was what he believed. A baby bottle is in his right hand while his left hand is scooping the baby milk to pour it into the bottle. Carefully, he put in one scoop of milk, then another scoop before nodding, too proud of his good job in doing it without spilling it all over the table.

Then, add warm water, not too hot and not cold. “Hyung, how am I supposed to know the right temperature for the baby milk?” He shouts to his brother in the living room while trying to measure the temperature of the water using his finger.

“I don’t know. Use your brain for that.” Jin shouts back making Jungkook to click his tongue.

“Okay, no other choice.” Then, he tastes the milk with his mouth, dropping a few drops of it onto his tongue to taste it. “Hmm, not bad.”

The baby has stopped crying because Jin managed to distract her by opening a kid song on his phone. Jungkook comes to the living room with a bottle of milk and when Haru, the baby sees him, she makes a grabby gesture towards Jungkook. “Hyung, here.” Jin takes it and feed her but she still holds her hand to Jungkook.

“Baby-ah, you want your papa to hold you, don’t you?”

“What! No! No! I can’t hold her. I don’t know how---“ The baby crawls from Jin’s lap to Jungkook by her own. She makes a small giggle with the bottle still in when she’s succeeding in sitting on Jungkook’s lap. “Haru-ah, kiss.” Jin taps his cheek. She looks at him for a second before bringing his lip closer to Jungkook and kiss him on the cheek. “Good girl.” She receives a fatherly patting from Jin.

“What the-Hyung, don’t teach her inappropriate thing.”

“Hey, it’s cute okay.” The red blush on Jungkook’s cheek had Jin to crack a loud laughed at him, too amused to see a second person after Jimin, who managed to make his brother that shy.

“Cute?” She asks while frowning.

“Oh, you can talk.” Both Jin and Jungkook are excited to know that she can talk.

“Haryu! Hanna!” She says while rubbing her eye.

“Wow! You’re genius.”

“Okay, Jungkook, please take care of your daughter since we have lots of places to go today. I need to take my shower and prepare for our breakfast, okay?”

Jin walks away without giving any last look on Jungkook when he tried to stop him from walking away. “Baby-ah, can you shower by your own?”She just giggles at everything Jungkook has said while playing with Jungkook’s face, giving him one or two kisses in between.

“Urghh, Baby-ah, I’m sorry for touching your body. I swear I’m not a ert old man but I have to. Please, understand.” He speaks to no one in particular since there are only him and the baby in the bathroom. After 30 minutes of struggling to clean the baby with lots of water splashing since Haru can’t keep her hand away from playing with the water, splashing it all over Jungkook’s face and body.

Then, the next step is to diaper her. “Do you need my help?” At last, Jin comes to rescue him.

“Thank god. Hyung, please put the diaper on her. I-I’m blank.”

“It’s okay, let me handle it. Go and shower yourself.”

“Okay.” Jungkook leaves Jin with a goodluck.

It is not a hard time for Jin to diaper and dress her because he had learned it before during his study. With a help from youtube video and his blurred memory of learning it long time ago, he gets to do it in second even before Jungkook finished showering. They go to the kitchen, waiting for Jungkook there.

“Appyle juije.” Haru says when Jin puts her down on the chair.

“What do you say?”

“Appyle juije!”

“I’m sorry but what---“

Haru starts to annoy because Jin can’t understand her. She climbs down from the chair by herself to go to the refrigerator before open it, searching for something. Jin walks to there, standing behind her while peeking through to see what she was trying to find. Then, she spots a bottle of orange juice, happily she turns to Jin before pointing her finger to the bottle. “Appyle juije.”

“Oh, you mean apple juice?” She nods at that. “But that’s orange. O.R.A.N.G.E.”

“Olenge?”

“Yes, want to try it?” She eagerly nods to Jin, grabbing the bottle before taking it out of the cold compartment to put it down on the floor. “Okay! Okay! What an impatient girl, like her father.”

“Hurry! Hurry! Grandpa!” She takes the glass from Jin’s hand even before Jin can give to her properly.

“Hey, what are you calling me?”

“AH…” She at the sweet taste of orange juice on her lip before drinking it again and making a pleasurable sound again after finishing it. “Here, grandpa.”

“Look, I’m not grandpa. I’m 2—“ Jungkook’s laugh stops Jin’s rambling, but he gets a death glare in return. “I’m grandpa—“ Jin points to himself. “Then he?” This time it’s Jungkook, what will the baby call him? Papa? “Grandpa number two.” And they both are laughing at that aesthetic answer from one year old girl. Haru joins them; laughing too even though she doesn’t have an idea as to why they are laughing,

“Enough, enough, time to go now.” Jin wipes the tear in his eyes before taking Haru in his arm. “Lets go shopping.”

“Shopping?” Haru tilts her head, confused at Jin’s word. “Yeah, shopping. What do you want, Haru-ah?”

“Pink skirt!” She exclaims while clapping in happy. Jungkook just follows behind them, feeling happy but worried at the same time.

They waited for the elevator while playing with Haru, singing along to whatever song she had sung. When the elevator reached the floor, they were ready to step inside when Yoongi happened to stand in front of them, frowning at the girl in Jin’s arm. No one dares to speak first so they remain silent but not too long because Haru breaks the silence by shaking Jin’s shoulder to force him to start walking. “Hurry! Hurry! Haryu want pink skirt.”

“Who—“

Jin glances at his brother first, seeing how pale Jungkook is. “She is Jungkook’s daughter.”

“WHAT?”

“Just follow us first, then we’ll explain to you.”

Jin drives the car while Jungkook sits in the passenger seat beside him with Haru on his lap. Yoongi sits at the back, still frowning, waiting for an answer. When the car moves pass the security guard, Jin is the first to speak, telling Yoongi everything without leaving any part.

Yoongi opens his mouth to ask about Jimin but Jin doesn’t give him any space to do so when he answer Yoongi’s silent question, confirming his assumption about Jimin not knowing a single thing about this.

“Hyung, please keep it a secret for a while. I’ll tell him when that time come, when I’m sure she’s my baby.”

“Okay, but don’t drag it too long.”

So, Yoongi happens to follow them to the shopping mall, having to argue about which skirt is suitable for a kid or which bed is comfortable for Haru to sleep with Jungkook and Jin. After so much heated argument, they ended buying everything for Haru except for the bed, that’s the only thing they agreed to pick just one.

“Haryu can eat alone. Myself!” She assures when Jin wanted to feed her, pushing his hand away before grabbing the spoon to eat by herself.

Jin, Jungkook and Yoongi are eating when someone greets them, loudly. “Jin-Hyung! Jungkook! What are you two doing here? Yoongi-Hyung? You’re here too?”

“Urghh, disaster.” Jungkook’s comments when Taehyung and Hoseok take a seat at their table.

“Shhh!” Both Taehyung and Hoseok snap their head towards Haru upon hearing her voice. “Haryu’s eating.” She continues to eat after that, ignoring how big Taehyung’s eyes turns to be or how Hoseok’s mouth had formed an O-shaped at that time.

“Wh-who is she?”

“Oh man! This is hell.” JUngkook slams his head to the table. And once again, Jin had to explain everything for the second time and didn’t expect for Taehyung to yell a very loud and resonance of “WHAT”.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm really, really don't know how a one year old kid speak, so please excuse me for that. I have sisters but I had forgotten how they speak when they're one year old. (because it's a long time ago). Anyways, thank you for your support and all, I really appreciate it. :-):-)