Something Is Wrong

Suddenly

Jimin opens his eyes to be blinded by the sun, radiating its UV ray.  Something soft and damp is prickling his exposed skin. It tickles when Jimin slightly moved his hand, caressing the ground with his palm. The touch feels familiar and Jimin decides to sit straight, scanning the whole view.

He is lying in a field full of grass, bigger than a football field all green like an ocean of grass that is gracefully swinging to the left and the right, moving along with the wind. It’s so refreshing and alluring that Jimin can’t take his eyes off it. It is a dream and Jimin knows it but he wishes to stay there longer, calming down his mind and maybe by seeing that much of green stuff will help to clear his clotted mind.

“Ah, I wish Jungkook is here with me.” He smiles while wondering how Jungkook will react to this kind of scenery. It’s so breath-taking and it is something that people can only look in a picture saved as their computer wallpaper.

Closing his eyes again, taking the fresh and unpolluted air, Jimin lies back to take a nap for a while but his ear catches a sound, not far from his place. The giggling sound of a kid snaps his eyes open and there, a playground is situated in front of Jimin. A girl is playing the slide while her parents are watching from the side.

She slides down and run to climb up the stair again, sitting on top of the slide, forcing her father to catch her at the end of the slide. The mom with a straight and black long hair that Jimin can’t see her face since she was standing with her back to Jimin, standing beside her husband. “Dad! Dad! I’m going down now.” She giggles again before sliding down while making a sound, too much like how an airplane will sound.

“Aigoo.” That man catches his daughter, swinging her around. “My daughter is so heavy now. You’re a big girl now.”

“Dad, I want an ice-cream.” Her hands are squishing her dad’s face, making him to look like a fish with that pouty mouth.

Can I be that happy with Jungkook? Jimin can’t give a child to Jungkook, he knows that but at least Jimin wants to make Jungkook that happy like how the man is smiling to his daughter. When that man leans down to kiss his wife forehead, the wife closes her eyes, fully lost in her husband love and attention.  And Jimin does feel jealous of that loving scene in front of him but he doesn’t know as to why he felt like that.

The family walks together, nearing his standing place and Jimin is ready to bow at them, silently congratulating them for their happy family, but what Jimin is about to see shocked him, frozen him dead on his feet.

“Jj-jung-jungkook?” That man, look alike Jungkook but a much older than him now, seems to not waver at Jimin’s presence, walking pass him without batting even one eye to Jimin.

Only that woman stops when she stood exactly next to Jimin. “To Jungkook, you are not real, Jimin-shi.” Then she leaves Jimin with a smirk on her lip.

His mind goes blank, trying to process what she had told him but nothing comes out, body stiff, not moving at all. Jimin wants to cry badly but there is something holding him from shedding his tears, a realization, knowing that everything is just a dream, having a play foul with his feeling, testing his vigorous heart.

“No! No! Jungkook loves me. You are unreal one.” He shouts to no one as he was alone there. No more playground, no more happy family and no more sun. Everything is pitch black. His voice echoes, sending a vibration to everywhere else, like sending a signal, a warning to no one in particular.

Then, Jimin feels like somebody is shaking his body. “Jimin! Jimin! Wake up!”

“Jungkook?” He meets with Jungkook’s concern face looking at him with a worry eye.

With a lightning speed, Jimin leans forward to hug Jungkook, a little tight that had choked Jungkook a bit. Jungkook pats his back, assuring him while Jimin crying every tear he had in Jungkook’s arm. “Please, don’t leave me.” Its muffles with Jimin’s sob but Jungkook catch that, taken aback by the desperate voice of Jimin.

“Hey, baby. I’m not going to leave you. It’s just a dream, a nightmare.” Jungkook wipes the tear, tracing his finger to Jimin’s cheeks, lingering his hand there for a minute before kissing Jimin, giving him all the assurance that he needs.

“I’m sorry that I’ve been neglecting you for the past weeks. I-I’m just busy with my part-time job and I’ll promise that things will be okay soon, okay?” Jimin nods at that, engross in Jungkook’s scent when he hugged Jimin again, rocking him to the side while humming a slow song.

But when Jimin wakes up alone in the morning, he knows by soon means that just not now or tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Things never changed, not until the next week or the other week and finally Jimin is too lazy to count the day. Sometimes, Jimin will dream the same nightmare again but with different place. One time, there were only Jungkook and a woman, the same woman looking at the sunset, almost kissing but Jimin had awake before it could happen.

“Jungkook, how long have we been dating?” Jimin asks him one day before Jungkook can fall asleep like usual. His daily routine every lunch hour.

“hmm…..six months, why?”

“Nothing, just curious.” That means it has been two months that Jungkook had acted weird.

“Jimin, can you wake me up before you go to the class? I have an important meeting after this.”

“Yes, sure.” Jimin gives him a smile, an honest but fake at the same time. Jungkook uses his lap as a pillow this time, slowly closing his eyes while burying his face to Jimin’s stomach. Taehyung is too wide awake to sleep, so he accompanies Jimin to eat lunch, talking about one or two stuff that Jimin had no idea what so about. Well, he did grasp some words like Hoseok-hyung was stressing over his work too much lately and something like I miss Yoongi-Hyung too along the way.

Time does fly so fast when Taehyung opened his mouth, talking about random and unnecessary thing but Jimin is thankful to thank because he won’t feel that lonely, munching his food by himself, now that he has Taehyung to break the silence.

“Jungkook, wake up.” With just one try, Jungkook wakes up, blinking his eyes before rubbing it with his hand to clear his vision. “Jimin, I have to go now. Bye.” He kisses Jimin’s cheek before jogging out of the rooftop. Taehyung doesn’t miss how Jimin’s face fall from his usual bubbly face to a sad face but nothing he can do to fix it.

“Jimin, let’s go. Let me walk you to your class.”

“Okay.”

Taehyung waves him a goodbye when Jimin reached his lecture room. Jimin just has one more step to enter the room but he chooses to turn away from that lecture room. Running to catch Jungkook and luckily he finds him outside the college. Jimin follows behind him silently like how a spy would do in an action movie but minus the disguise mask and hat because Jimin doesn’t wear any of it.

Maybe today is Jimin’s lucky day since Jungkook had chosen a café nearby their college as a meeting place. His luck is about to burn into an ash when Jungkook took a seat in front of a woman, age probably around Jin’s age or younger than that. She doesn’t wear any provocative outfit like a , so that had relieved Jimin’s suspicion a bit.

His class had started 20 minutes ago and Jimin is not in a good state to attend his class in full focus and concentration, so he goes back home. But in the middle of walking back home, Jimin make a turn to go to his dance academy. Maybe dancing can help to clear his mind or make him to forget about Jungkook for a while.

The meeting takes about 30 minutes but Jungkook stays there even after the woman had left the café. He, himself can’t determine what is the real feeling he had now, seeing the paper in his hand with a very bold 99.99% written in it.

Without wasting any time, Jungkook meets Jin at the hospital. Seeing his brother to seek for some advices because Jungkook had met with a blank page, nothing comes out right by now. It’s like the fate is trying to destroy his and Jimin relationship. God seems to punish him now for all the sin he had done because every happy and beautiful moment in his life is starting to be taken away one by one smoothly. First, it was his enjoyment time but Jungkook is not going to complain about it since he has Jimin, then his time with Jimin is gradually decreasing and now his youth time.

“Hyung! I’ve got the result.”

Jin swallows his drink hurriedly before giving his full attention to Jungkook. “What do you mean? How? We, no I mean you are supposed to get it through me, right?”

“Doctor Lee called me yesterday, saying that the result is out. So, today I met her alone and it’s positive.” Jungkook doesn’t know how to react in front of his brother now, except for slumps his shoulder down while ruffling his own hair, pulling it at the same time.

“Positive? What…..oh my god. Jungkook! What should we no, you do now? Wait! Wait! Jimin should know. I don’t care what his reaction will be, whether he will hate you or turn away from you but he needs to know.”

“I know but just, don’t know how to tell him.”

“Jimin is a good boy. I’m sure he’ll understand it and will not leave you just because of it.” That’s the only assurance words that Jin knew, hoping that it will ease Jungkook’s pressure a bit.

“I hope so.”

“Jungkook, why don’t you go and meet Jimin. I know you two rarely had time together now. Don’t worry, I’ll take care everything for today.”

Jin nods at him, giving the encouragement to do so that Jungkook has no other best option to just hug his brother, showing how happy he is at that time. He leaves the hospital while thinking about all the thing he will do with Jimin today.

Not long after that, approximately for 10 minutes, Jungkook is already standing in front of Jimin’s house, grinning like crazy, still thinking about stuff, not the ert kind of thing but maybe thing that can lead to it. Happily, he rings the doorbell, waiting for Jimin to open the door, praying to not let Namjoon be at home by now.

“Jungkook?” Jimin greets with just a pair of sweatpant and sweatshirt but his eyes look swollen and red.

Jungkook takes Jimin’s hands, drawing a circle on it. “I miss you. Can I stay here for tonight?”

“Sure.” His voice is beaming with happy because finally the most anticipate time that Jimin had waited for the past week had come. “Are you hungry? I can make dinner for us.”

“I am really hungry.” Jimin spins to move to the kitchen but Jungkook is still sticking close to him, back hugging Jimin from behind, not ready to let him go.

But Jimin scolds him, making Jungkook to unattached his hand from Jimin’s body. Then Jimin continue to prepare dinner for them, but sometimes Jungkook did hug him again, kissing his neck, distracting Jimin from being too focus on making dinner. But of course Jimin had scolded him again when he nearly burned the food because Jungkook keeps on kissing his neck, his ear and nipping at his sensitive spot.

Finally, after having a very hard time, Jimin manages to complete making their dinner. They eat the dinner in silence but a good one without tension and pressure in the air. Jungkook will glance at Jimin and blush hardly when Jimin catch his eyes. After finishing eating, Jungkook volunteer to wash the dishes while forcing Jimin to just sit still on the chair.

Jungkook is too immersed in cleaning the dishes when he feels a hand sneak into him from behind. This time, it’s Jimin who do the back-hug thing. Burying his face at Jungkook back while closing his eyes.

Jimin just smiles when Jungkook put his hand on his hand. “Jimin, will you always be with me?” He gets a nod from behind. “No matter what will happen in future, will you stay beside me?”

Something is wetting his back and then he realizes that Jimin is crying behind his back. Slowly, he turns his body to face Jimin, cupping his face before wiping the tear away but it never stops.

“I love you so much. Nothing can come in between to tear us apart, okay? Please, remember that.”

“I just…..just miss you.” Jimin tells him while hiccuping, trying to stop his cry.

“How about we have dinner at my house this weekend? I-I have something to tell you too.”

“Okay, Jungkook, you smell like…” no, no, Jimin, just think positive “….smell good.”

“Really? I change my shower gel. But you smell good too,”

The next morning when Jungkook went to the kitchen to get some water still just by wearing a boxer, Namjoon doesn’t question him but casually walking away from the kitchen, ignoring Jungkook’s shy smile. But he smiles on the way to his room because Namjoon knows Jimin isn’t alone anymore since Jungkook is there, at his house, with Jimin.