Attending School There?!

Unexpected

I went to a childhood friend's house to stay, since I do not want to waste money on booking a hotel anyways.

" Hae Eun! " I went towards her and hugged her.

It's been 5 years since we last met. My mom's a korean, my dad a singaporean. I grew up here, in Korea, making me fluent in that language, but moved to Singapore 5 years ago with my family as my father wanted to go back.

Hae Eun was born in the US, but her dad's a korean too. So we would normally speak to each other in English and korean. Hah a mix I guess?

We met when she came to Korea 10 years ago, when we were just 7 years old.

She was my first friend in Grade 1, we got along really well, and we became best friends, all the way till now.

" It's been so long!!! " She exclaimed when we released the hug.

" I know right! "

" When will you be staying till? When are you leaving? There's alot of things that I wanna tell you! " She said, and I knew it had to be some kind of es problems and stuff.

" Not so soon " I said as I smirked. I too, have alot of things that I wanna tell her as school is just a headache for me back in Singapore.

We went shopping together and enjoyed our time just like how we were 5 years ago. Nothing in our friendship really changed though, and I am really glad.

******************************************************************

Time flew so fast that it's already nighttime. We had our dinner at her house because we were broke from all that shopping.

We were so tired after dinner and just headed to bed after showering.

Just when I was gonna sleep, I remembered the guy that I met on the plane. Since remembering about him, I just couldn't get him out of my mind.

" Mavis. " 

I only call her Mavis in times when we are very serious. Dead serious. That's her english name by the way. Or else I will just call her Hae Eun as usual.

" Yah? " She replied. I was actually expecting her to be asleep already but no.

" There is this guy I met on the plane... " I told her the whole story and she just sat up suddenly and looked at me with a WHAT THE HELL face.

" Why didn't you ask for his number?!?! " As expected from Hae Eun.

" What? How am I suppose to do that? It's so awkward! " 

" Then what's his name? " Yes that's right. I totally forgotten about that.

" I didn't ask... " I just burst out laughing. 

" Are you stupid or dumb?  See, now he's gone already. That was a good chance to be friend him you know. " She said with a ' what the hell are you thinking ' face.

" Haiz... I'm so sad right now. " I said, really sad, like really.

" Nevermind, if you guys are fated, you will definitely meet him again. " She said, and went to sleep.

" I hope so... " And I dozed off soon after.

****************************************************************

I do not know why, but time just passes so fast whenever you are having fun. I guess it's that we are so into the moment that we forget that time is actually passing, comparing to those times when you just sit inside the classroom and do a countdown every 1 min.

Its been 2 weeks since I'm in Korea. I guess I'll have to go back soon.

I sighed at the idea of going back, I really really hated it.

Things are just so different. Back here, everything is just so positive and enjoyable.

But there... Let's not even talk about it. Everything just .

What about the friends there? Oh, all I can say is FAKE friends.

Just went I was so absorbed in my thoughts, my phone rang.

" Hello? " Oh it was dad!

" Hey dad! I know, I'm going back soon. " I assured him even before he said anything.

" No. "

" What? What no? Do you want me to be back right now? Can you give me a few more days? I really like it here. " I asked him, trying to keep my cool.

" You don't have to come back. " What now? Why is he like this? I just needed a short trip to relieve my stress from all the bulls there and now he is trying to be sarcastic to me?! What is this? 

Its just 2 weeks! Not like I'm gone without a word too right? 

" Fine fine! Okay I will come home tonight! " 

" Chaeyeon! Can you listen to me and let me finish my sentence? " My dad sounded super pissed. But okay, I understand. I was cutting him off and off. 

" We are going back to Korea. " My dad announced.

" WHAT?! " Did I heard something wrong? Is it that my ears are playing around.

" Yes. I've already discussed about it with your mom, as she told me that you are not very happy with school and stuff here in Singapore. So I guess we should all moved back there, and since you bestfriend is there isn't it? Aint you happy? " My dad sounded like he wasn't joking at all, but I was too shocked to even celebrate, until Hae Eun came in and asked me what happened to me upon seeing my face.

" Oh DAD are you serious?! This isn't a joke right? What about school? " I snapped out of my shock.

" No. It isn't. Everything is settled already. I've already asked Hae Eun's dad for help, to find us an apartment and ofcourse you will attend school together with Hae Eun. " Oh yeah, her dad is working as a property agent! And yes, finally! Im able to go to school with my bestfriend!!!

" Okay, See you guys soon!! " I exclaimed and threw my phone onto the bed and partied like I had never before.

******************************************************************

" You are moving back?!?! " Hae Eun stared at me with her jaws opened. 

" YES! and im attending school with YOUUUU " 

" AHHHHH this calls for a celebration! " She screamed.

 

We went into a ktv studio for singing, while munching on snacks. Multi task I guess? 

"I'm going to the toilet. " I excused myself again as I drank too much water and this is my 3rd time visiting the toilet.

" Ouch! " I almost fell as I bumped into someone. His cologne smelled so familiar. I looked up and 

IT'S HIM.