Drabble #8: Nabi

Drabble Collection

    Snow is a beautiful thing. Some love it, some do not. But it can’t be argued that the shimmering, sparkling blanket of white that covers the ground as the temperature drops is not a glorious thing. The crystalline flakes slowly falling until they are reunited with their siblings. On such days, the only song that can be heard is the soft hum of electric wires.

    A deep breath of the frigid air leaves lungs feeling cold. Noses and fingers turn pinker with each breath. Blood scrambling around the body, preserving all the heat it can from the biting air.

    It was on one of these snow filled days that Wonshik met Hakyeon. They were both cocooned tightly in as many layers as they could wrap around themselves. The snow plows had yet to remove the thick sheen of frozen water from the roads, so driving wasn’t a reasonable option. Hakyeon and Wonshik had both stumbled into the small grocery store in their small town in search of last minute emergency supplies--toilet paper and hot cocoa, to name a few--in case they were snowed in for longer than just a few hours. They had passed each other in one of the isles, briefly joking about the weather before parting ways.

    They saw each other again a few days later, which Wonshik thought was strange because he had never seen the male before a week ago and now it was twice in one week. Hakyeon asked Wonshik how he had fared the bizarre storm, Wonshik responded with a short story on how a friend of his had texted him asking about the possibility of freezing to death in his apartment. Hakyeon had laughed and shared his own little story from the hours that they had been snowed in. Next thing Wonshik knew he was asking Hakyeon if he wanted to ‘get cocoa, or coffee, or any-type of drink that wasn’t cold.’

    It didn’t take them long to swap numbers and start texting daily. It took longer for one of them to ask the other out, though Wonshik could not honestly remember if either of them had actually officially asked.

    Exactly a year after they met, they got married. They almost got snowed in at the church. Which they both thought was appropriate, because the best things happen with the snow.


I wasn't feeling the whole writing thing yesterday, so now I'm mad at myself because this was supposed to be an everyday thing. But, I'm doing two today to make up for it.

 

Also, I'm complete trash for couples looking back on their relationship... And snow (Can someone be snow trash?) ... I love snow, and my school had a snow day today. \(^-^)/