Drabble #10: Kenbin

Drabble Collection

     "Look, I'm fine with helping you out... Most of the time. But you need to knock it off, You've let it go too far." Jaehwan voice was strangled, anyone could tell he was struggling with what to say. "You love her but you haven't slept in ) don't know how many hours, you don't eat anything unless you are with her, you're almost out of money because you spend every ing penny you make on her. I am sick of you tearing yourself down with this. She doesn't give a damn about you. She doesn't... I... I care about you Hongbin, a lot more than I should... Ju-Just don't let her break you." With that final sentence, Jaehwan left, looking as the though he could not get out of the apartment fast enough.

     Hongbin sat blinking from his seat on the couch. He couldn't organize his thoughts well enough, so he did what any logical (or maybe not so logical) person might do. He grabbed a paper and started a list:

 

1. I have no money.

2. I am really sleepy.

3. She might not care about me.

4. I made Jaehwan mad.

5. Jaehwan might have a crush on me.

 

     Hongbin sighed, he might have made a list, but he had no idea what to do with it. He leaned back on the couch, resting his head on the back. Do I care about her that much? Yes, he thought, I do, don't I? Why did we start dating? Hongbin didn't know the answer to that question, and his head started to pound as it swirled through his mind. 

     He was still thinking as the front door clicked and Jaehwan returned--it was Jaehwan's apartment. He was still thinking when Jaehwan placed a bowl of ramen in front of him and then examined Hongbin's list. He was finally snapped out of his thoughts as Jaehwan sat next to him on the sofa.

     "'She might not care about me,'" Jaehwan read from the paper. "Hongbin it's not a 'might'. One second," Jaehwan grabbed his phone from the table, he tapped the screen a couple times and then a loud ringing could be heard coming from the device. 

     "Hey, Jaehwan! How are you?" She answered in a preppy tone.

     "I'm fine, but small talk isn't the reason I'm calling." Jaehwan sounded slightly upset.

     Hongbin kept dead silent.

     "Oh, okay... What do you need?"

     "Do you care about Hongbin? Because he cares about you, a lot. And don't bother lying to me."

     An audible sigh could be heard from the other line. "I-I care about him... he is almost like a puppy, but not it's not in the 'let's be together forever' way. I just don't want to hurt him. He is so giving and caring... I don't know how to tell him that, though."

     "I am sorry, but you just did. Don't worry about him for now, you two can works things out later. Bye."

     Hongbin tried not to cry, but he ended up curled in a ball in Jaehwan's lap.

     "Hey, it's not that bad. You're okay. I've got you." Jaehwan cooed as he ran his fingers through Hongbin's hair.

     "Jaehwan, do you actually like me?" Hongbin whispered when his tears had subsided slightly.

     "Yes, Binnie. I really do. But don't worry about that." Jaehwan sighed. "Our friendship will always be my priority."

     Hongbin leaned in and pressed a chaste kiss to Jaehwan's lips before snuggling back into the other's chest.

     It had always been Jaehwan, Hongbin just hadn't known that Jaehwan liked him back.


This was supposed to go up yesterday, but I was busy doing stuff (planning Christmas presents).

I don't know about this one, I don't know about any of them.

Also, Hongbin was supposed to have been in love with Jaehwan the whole time, and was just dating the girl as a type of distraction. Sorry if I didn't make that clear... T-T