Drabble #2: Junhao

Drabble Collection

     "Jun... Jun... Jun!" Minghao vigorously shook his older brother, trying to wake him up. "C'mon. Get up." Minghao shoved the older boy off the bed.

     "Ow. Why did you do that?" Junhui stood up and promptly punched Minghao lightly on the shoulder.

     "It's snowing!" Minghao's eyes lit up.

     "Is that it?" Junhui grumbled as he was dragged down the stairs to hurriedly grab their coats before speeding out the door.

     It must have snowed a lot during the night because the ground was covered with a thick sheet. None of the ground was visible, and everywhere they looked was covered in sparkling white. The only noise that could be heard was the quiet, calming humming of the power lines by their house.

     Junhui, wasting no more time, leaned down to grab a large handful of snow, compacting it and hurling at Minghao's back.

     "Hey!" Minghao turned around and pouted. "That's not fair. You didn't warn me."

     Junhui laughed. "Did I need to?" He had barely finished his sentenced before Minghao his shoulder with the younger's own snowball. Junhui gasped as some of the frozen water made it's way into his shirt.  "Oh, now you're on."

     The two spent most of the morning on their snowball fight before they were called inside by their mother, who was worried about them getting sick, but the glint in their eyes promised a rematch soon.


I don't know how I came up with this, but the imagery is so cute, Junhao as little kids having a snowball fight would be adorable! *squeals*