Drabble #5: Jikook

Drabble Collection

"Dad! I'm taking the car." Jimin yelled through the house.

"Okay, drive safe." The response came from the kitchen where his dad was probably planning their meals for the next week--Jimin never understood why they needed to plan that far ahead.

"Always do." Jimin snatched the keys from their place by the door.

The drive to Hoseok's house wasn't very long, but it took him down quite a few busy roads as well as some less busy, but still busy, roads. On these roads people didn't like to pay attention to traffic, assuming that drivers would see them and react accordingly. And, most of the time, they did.

Unfortunately for Jimin, he managed to find one of the non-observant pedestrians who decided that appearing out of nowhere in front of his car was a great idea. He panicked and hit the breaks, but it wasn't fast enough to avoid the person on the road, so, with a loud thud, Jimin hit the pedestrian.

He had never put his car in park faster.

"Oh my gosh," He exclaimed while getting out of the vehicle. "Are you alright?" He asked the person who was on the ground in front of the hood of his car.

"Yeah." The person--who he know identified as a male--laughed. He laughed. After getting hit by a car. "That would have really hurt if I had been alive."

Jimin blinked in disbelief, "Are you drunk?"

"Nah. Although, I might be. Wait, can I get drunk?" The male paused to think about that. "Anyway, you aren't supposed to be able to see me. Invisibility is a ghost thing, right?" The...ghost didn't seem to be looking for an answer.

"Am I drunk?" Jimin stammered. "Was I drinking while driving? Is this my brain's way of coping with hitting a person? No, I wouldn't be this rational if I was drunk, right?"

"I don't think so." The ghost seemed to be considering this. "But I know I'm dead, though."

Suddenly something dawned on Jimin, "Did I kill you?" He didn't give the ghost time to answer before he started rambling. "I did, didn't I? Of course, that would be my luck. First off, I'm so sorry I killed you, but you should be walking across the road like that... not that you have to worry about it anymore. Wait, I am actually taking you claiming to be dead seriously? Okay, Jimin just breath. You should have called your dad by now, or better yet the police. Why aren't there any people here? People swarm around accidents..."

"Jimin... Jimin... Jimin!" The ghost yelled, trying to get Jimin's attention.

"What do you want? I am obviously having a crisis right now." Jimin basically yelled, looking like he was about to pull all his hair out.

"Jimin, I was already dead. You did not kill me. Calm down. My name is Jungkook, I died... what was it? Two, no, three years ago." Jungkook explained. "Now, you do need to get your car out of the road before anyone else comes along. You're lucky it isn't rush hour."

"Why are you so calm... Jungkook? You are literally dead--gosh, I'm going insane--you should be the one panicking."

"Easy," Jungkook smirked. "This isn't the first time I've been hit by a car."

 


Prompt: "I'll kill you."    "Darling, I'm already dead."

 

I think this is my attempt at crack...? I've never written crack before and the prompt took on a life of its own. Oh well, I find this amusing, even if no one else does.