Drabble #7: Yoonmin

Drabble Collection

     Yoongi threw his pencil down on the ground next to him. He had drawn the face of the model a least a dozen times, but he had yet to get it right. The model--who had been requested to assume a simple sitting position--seemed to be miles away. Not in literal distance of course, but his eyes were glazed over and unfocused. Whatever the model was thinking about had stolen his attention completely, and Yoongi could not capture his expression.

     The noise his pencil made when it came in contact with the floor was louder than he intended and he grimaced as all the eyes in the, formerly silent, room turned to him.

     "Um, sorry." He tried to apologize. "Got a little frustrated..."

     "Yoongi, getting frustrated is no excuse to disrupt everyone else's focus." The professor scolded.

     After apologizing again, he retrieved his pencil and returned his eyes to the model, who was now staring directly at Yoongi. The model hadn't moved anything but his eyes, but his gaze had gone from glazed to intense. Yoongi blushed and darted his eyes away from the model back towards his paper. 

     A snicker had him looking back up less than a two seconds later.

     "Jimin, I just told Yoongi to not distract the class. What makes you think you can? Models especially shouldn't be distracting."

     The model--Jimin--nodded. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

     "Good."

     They worked in silence for a while longer before the professor announced the end of that day's class. Yoongi wasted no time in gathering his supplies and speeding out the door, ready for that embarrassing class to be over.

     "Yoongi! Hey,Yoongi! Slow down, I can't walk that fast." Jimin called out behind Yoongi, who ignored the model and continued to make his way out of the studio. "Yoongi!"

     Yoongi groaned but turned around, "What do you want?" Honestly, he did not care what Jimin wanted, because it would probably interfere with his own plans of going home and sleeping off this bad experience.

     "Do you wanna get lunch with me?" Jimin asked, seeming almost bashful.

     Yoongi smiled to himself for two reasons; 1) He had been right, that did interfere with his nap plans and 2) Jimin actually looked extremely cute.

     "Sure." Yoongi almost sighed, but he managed to hold back.

     "Really!" Jimin exclaimed. "Oh, I thought for sure you were going to say no! Let's go. Wait, where do you want to go? I want triangle kimbap, what about you?"

     "I don't care. Food is just food."

     Jimin gasped, a horrified look on his face. "You did not just say that!"

     Yoongi sighed. Jimin was going to be a pain in the to deal with, but as Yoongi was dragged down the sidewalk towards the nearest convenience store while receiving a lecture that food was not just food, he wondered if maybe, just maybe, it would be worth befriending the model. A smile played across his lips as random foods were being shoved at his face, and he thought that it would be nice to have Jimin as a friend.


Not too sure how I feel about this one... I kinda like it, I guess. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to. Meh. Maybe I'll edit it later, but somebody has school tomorrow (like always T-T) and should be sleeping...