Chapter IV

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After storing away their luggage, the six demons held this day's second emergency meeting in Wrath's and Pride's new room.

Sloth immediately claimed Wrath's bed and cuddled up to Greed, who in turn started yawning. "Stop it. I don't wanna sleep yet," the tall demon chided, his words already slightly slurred, while pinching Sloth's cheek.

"Sorry, I'll try to keep it in," was the mumbled response.

Gluttony and Envy were bouncing around on the second bed. "Why's your bed softer than mine? And the blanket looks prettier too... God, I hate everything about this house, especially those humans. Why are they all so good-looking? And they get along too well, don't they? Not even we get along like that and we've been together for centuries," Envy rambled, an annoyed frown marring his features.

Pride ignored him and closed the door while Wrath leaned against the wall next to it. "This situation is completely ed up. How are we supposed to live with god damn humans for the next few decades? I can hardly bear being around you idiots," the small demon grumbled.

"Eh, I think it'll be okay. They seem friendly enough," Greed said with a smile, his arms still wrapped around Sloth's waist. It was uncertain whether the blond demon resting against his chest was still awake.

Wrath shot his companion a withering look. "Stop grinning like a fool. If I hadn't held you back in the living room, you'd have jumped that Wonwoo guy and stripped him in front of everybody."

Greed opened his mouth to argue but closed it shortly after with a small, embarrassed cough. "I'm honestly not sure what happened back there. I felt so much need to just have that human..." he finally admitted, his expression troubled. The other demons glanced at him worriedly.

"I think it would be better for you to stay out of that person's way, Gre- I mean, Mingyu. We need to make sure that we're in control of our emotions at all times. We can't afford to get found out so soon. And humans are fragile; we might injure or kill them by accident. Not that I'd care but since we have to live in this realm for a while, I'd rather not have a police investigation on my ," Pride said with a shrug.

Silence reigned for a moment while everyone mulled over the leader's words, until: "Hell, am I the only one who's ing bothered about living with humans?!" Wrath growled. Fury was burning in his eyes. "Freaking humans! They're weak and useless. We're the Great Princes, for 's sake. We're demons! How can we possibly live with them? I'd rather suffer a few lifetimes in the ninth circle of hell than follow the rules of someone I can kill with a single finger!"

At his furious words, Sloth finally opened his eyes. "'Course it's humiliating; if it was easy, it wouldn't be a punishment," he mumbled in his usual quiet voice. "So we all need to stay calm and figure things out. Especially you, Jihoon. Don't anger Satan any further by rebelling against his decision - it'll only end badly."

There was nothing to add. They all knew that they had no other choice. Wrath knocked the back of his head against the wall once in anger and slipped down to the floor where he remained in sulky silence, fists tightly clenched.

"What about living expenses? We don't have to pay rent but Glut- uh, Soonyoung alone eats for four," Greed stated after a moment. "They will definitely notice if we don't buy some stuff ourselves."

"Hmm, we never had that problem in hell but I guess we'll have to work. Yes, you too," Pride said in his strictest leader-voice, frowning at Wrath who looked ready to argue once again. "How much gold and other valuables did you bring, Mingyu?"

"Hm, adding the money I collected today..." Envy snorted. "...probably around fifteen million won, if I exchange all the gold and gems," Greed finished.

"Woah," Gluttony breathed wide-eyed, "you're our man!"

"That's Greed for you," Sloth praised with a tired smile, snuggling even closer to him.

"But that's my hard-earned money! I never said anything about sharing with you," Greed whined at once. The thought of providing for five demons - and especially for Envy and Gluttony - caused him to pale. He could practically see his precious savings flying away.

"Don't be a . We're brothers, aren't we?" Pride asked with a winning smile.

"We'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter