Chapter XII

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Greed felt like he was floating, despite the heavy bags he was carrying from Wonwoo's car to the kitchen. The rest of their shopping trip had gone by in a daze. He had been so distracted by the prospect of sharing a room with Wonwoo that he hadn't even bought a single item on sale.

He had agreed to Wonwoo's offer - nonchalantly, of course, no need to seem overeager (but based on the human's smirk, he hadn't been as convincing as he had thought) - and had continued shopping as if his major crush hadn't just asked him to move in with him.

After dropping off all the bags under Gluttony's watchful eyes, he immediately rushed to his room to start packing. Envy almost fell off his bed when he flung open the door and sprinted towards his dresser. "What's going on? Are we getting attacked or something?"

Greed turned to his former (!) roommate with such a smug grin, it looked downright dirty. The other demon warily moved away from him at that sight. "I'm going to live with Wonwoo. He offered me the free bed in his room."

"That's why you're so happy? You're leaving and I have a room all for myself?" Envy asked, lifting a sceptical eyebrow.

"Exactly!"

"Wow. Let me help you pack your stuff, so I can get rid of you faster!"

Not even that comment could dampen Greed's brilliant mood.

 

It was Greed's first time in Wonwoo's room and the degree of cleanliness made him somewhat nervous. The demon wasn't a slob but he wasn't the tidiest person either, probably just a bit above average. It had never been a problem in hell, where lower demons had served them, but now, in front of his crush, Greed began to wonder whether he was up tp Wonwoo's standard.

His new roommate greeted him with a friendly smile (Greed's heart skipped a beat) and took a box filled with the demon's clothes to place them on his new bed. If it had been anyone but Wonwoo, they would have lost their hands for laying them on his possessions - but since it was Wonwoo, Greed only flushed and promised himself to never wear them again. He would keep them in a safe place instead as memorabilia.

"It's my first time sharing a room since I've moved in here. Let me know if I do anything that makes you uncomfortable, okay?"

"Y-yes, you too. Uhm, I mean you too should talk to me if something bothers you," Greed stuttered, his nervousness getting the best of him.

"Relax, I won't bite you," Wonwoo said. His smile had long since turned into a smirk again at the demon's flustered reactions.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Greed took three deep breaths. It helped a little.

"Want me to help you unpack?"

"Yes, that'd be nice." More memorabilia to cherish.

 

While they slowly unpacked Greed's many boxes, the atmosphere gradually got lighter and more relaxed. Wonwoo was a caring and somewhat snarky guy behind the quiet exterior he usually displayed in front of others, Greed noticed. The fact that he showed that side of his after only about an hour of sharing the room made Greed feel all tingly inside. He wanted to keep this Wonwoo, the caring one with the sharp tongue, all to himself.

"You really have a lot of stuff," Wonwoo stated after unpacking the fourth bag of clothes.

Greed blushed, suddenly a little embarrassed about his tendency to take everything he could get his hands on. What if Wonwoo thought that he was weird? "Yeah, I like to collect stuff," he mumbled, still elbow-deep in a box filled with pens and other stationery.

His roommate only smiled before he turned to the next box and tried to lift it onto the bed. "Woah. Why is this one so heavy?"

"Huh?" Greed looked up but before he could say anything else, the human had already opened the box.

Wonwoo's eyes widened when he found multiple glittering jewels as well as several bars of gold. "Are those real?!"

"Obviously, " the demon answered with disdain. A question like that bordered on an insult - but it was Wonwoo, of course Greed forgave him. "Why would I have fake ones?"

Wonwoo stared at him in pure disbelief. "How could yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter