Chapter XI

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Waking up with Wrath still next to him was a rare treat since the younger tended to get up early to take a bath after their nightly activities. Therefore Pride was pleasantly surprised when he opened his eyes and found the smaller body securely snuggled into his side, their legs entwined. Perhaps it was because last night's session had exhausted Wrath more than usual after the additional stress of coming to the human realm, but he was so deeply asleep that he didn't even twitch when Pride wrapped his arms around him. With feathery touches, Pride traced the marks he had left on the porcelain skin of the younger demon's shoulders.

Wrath would surely murder him after seeing himself in the mirror.

 

Greed's morning started - once again - with a fight. He had already been in a bad mood after last night's squabble with Envy but his mood only worsened when he got woken up by terrible screeching sounds coming from the other demon's new phone. "God, what is that? Turn it off, I want to sleep."

"Just ignore it. I don't know how to turn it off and I'm beating my high score right now," Envy said, eyes not leaving the screen.

For the sake of companionship, Greed tried to go back to sleep - but his already frazzled nerves frayed more with each resounding crash coming from the little device. "Seungkwan, turn it off now or I'll throw it out of the window," he finally snarled.

"Oh, stop being whiny," came the unimpressed response.

Greed gritted his teeth, burying his head under his pillow. After ten painful minutes, he couldn't stand it anymore.

 

Wrath's peaceful sleep was - once again - disturbed by a loud noise in the room next to his. Groaning, he pressed his face into Pride's chest, trying to ignore the idiot couple but failing miserably. He could feel his anger rising and not even the elder's gentle fingers on his scalp could massage the oncoming headache away. "What is it this time?" he muttered, deeply inhaling Pride's natural scent to calm himself down.

"Not sure but I think it's related to a phone. At least Seungkwan was screaming about that a few minutes ago. Let's just let Jeonghan handle them. I'm too lazy to get up and the humans aren't home anyway."

Wrath rolled onto his back and pulled the blanket up to his nose. "We can't let them go on like this though. I'll self-destruct if I get woken up by their fights every other morning."

Pride smiled at his lover's cuteness and suppressed the urge to ruffle the hair that peeked out from under the blanket. Instead, he scooted a bit closer and wrapped his arms around the smaller demon again.

"Stop being so clingy; you're heavy," Wrath immediately complained, wiggling around to free himself.

"You love it, Jihoonie." Pride sent him a suggestive smirk that immediately brought out Wrath's deadly glare. "And you should keep calling me 'hyung'. I really like it."

"Keep dreaming, asshat."

 

Gluttony was worried. He had woken up from the ruckus his two neighbours made, only to find that he was alone in his room. That wouldn't have unsettled him if not for the small fact that his roommate was Sloth - forever-sleeping-and-preferably-never-the-bed-leaving Sloth. The same Sloth who only moved a muscle before 11 am if the house was on fire (and even then he'd probably wait for the others to solve the problem first). Right now the clock read 9:23, therefore his missing roommate was a valid concern. Gluttony was not quite sure what the course of action for this uncommon scenario was: was he supposed to search for Sloth or should he alarm the other demons first?

The decision was taken off his shoulders by even more screaming from the neighbouring room and something that sounded suspiciously like breaking glass.

Searching for Sloth by himself didn't seem so bad suddenly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter