Chapter XV: Valentine's Day

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Greed felt somewhat antsy. It had been exactly 139 1/2 days since he and Wonwoo had made their relationship official and while finding an appropriate Christmas present for the most perfect (hu)man on earth had posed a challenge, he had overcome it without a hitch (if someone knew how to find special rarities it was the demon of Greed after all).

But that didn't help him at all with overcoming the next obstacle that loomed just around the corner: Valentine's day was coming up. An occasion Greed had usually scoffed at when he was in the human realm during that particular time of the year (although he had liked to buy the expensive sweets that got sold pretty cheaply one or two days after the big event). A day for mushy love letters and useless flowers. A day dedicated to spending money on someone else. A day filled with things Greed despised.

Who would have thought that one day he would actively partake in the ordeal?

But here he was, walking through the crisp air together with Gluttony, Lust and Minghao, looking for ingredients to make chocolates for the man he loved.

The guys had stared at him with obvious disgust when he had suggested to simply buy chocolates a few days prior and Minghao's muttered "wow, poor Wonwoo" had very quickly convinced him to tag along. The only one heavily opposed to the whole do-it-yourself idea (or any idea regarding Valentine's day, really) had been Wrath, who was staying at home in protest. Greed mused that they should've asked Pride instead, who probably would've been more willing to put in some effort for his lover, but oh well. Too late.

Since it was everyone's first time making chocolates, they heavily relied on Gluttony and his demonic instincts when it came to everything food-related - and maybe a little bit on the internet too. Gluttony had made an extensive list with everything that could possibly fit Valentine's themed chocolates and Greed, of course, had been chosen to be the sponsor of it all. He had almost choked after calculating the price (and had personally crossed out ludicrous ingredients like edible gold - although, maybe if Wonwoo really wanted it...).

 

While Minghao and Gluttony were animatedly chatting about this and that, Greed walked next to Jisoo. "How's it going with Jeonghan?" he dared to ask while trying hard not to seem too interested. Sloth was always a bit of a touchy topic when it came to Lust but it was plain obvious to everyone in the household that Jisoo had fallen head-over-heels for the other demon. However, Sloth rarely acknowledged that fact outside his bedroom.

Jisoo sighed at the question and pulled his hat down to cover his ears. "Well, we have regularly and he sometimes kisses me when nobody is around, but that's pretty much it. He just talks to me like he does to everyone else. I've never thought I'd say that but I feel like he likes my body more than me." He let out a sad little laugh that ended in a sniffle. "How pathetic for the demon of lust to be bothered about something like that."

His sad expression immediately pulled Greed's heartstrings and he wrapped his arm around the smaller demon's shoulders to console him. "He'll come around Jisoo, don't worry. Jeonghan is kinda slow when it comes to changing his habits but he's much more active now, thanks to you. But if you want, I can talk to him."

Lust smiled and looked a bit more positive, making Mingyu's heart jump a few times (he was completely devoted to Wonwoo, but sometimes his past experiences haunted him a little and he knew very well that Wonwoo had the same problem whenever Jisoo walked past in tight jeans). "Maybe we could-"

Jisoo got interrupted mid-sentence by over-excited Gluttony, who seemed to have found the perfect place to shop for their chocolaty needs.

 

~

 

Greed's mood had been rather bad ever since he had seen the total of the bill Gluttony had handed him but the others looked excited so he tried not to let it show too much. To not spoil the surprise, they had decided to use the kitchen in one of the dormitories of Minghao's university and to disguise the trip as a night out. They hadn't told their significant others about going out quite yet though and Greed wasn't too sure how they would react to the news. Wonwoo's possessiveness was only second to Pride's (but Wrath very rarely gave him a reason to show it) and since Wrath wouldn't join in, the pressure was on Greed to let the group escape smoothly.

But the main issue remained: Greed was a terrible liar when it came to his boyfriend. Therefore his go-to tactic was to avoid the human until dinner, where Jisoo would officially inform the rest of the tenants about their 'night out'. Fortunately, his earlier talk with Lust had given him plenty of reason to stay away from Wonwoo and focus on Sloth instead.

 

When the group returned home in the late afternoon, Gluttony immediately vanished into the kitchen to hide their ingredients and prepare dinner, while Minghao went to take a bath. Lust and Greed remained huddled on the couch in the living room in order to come up with a plan on how to force Sloth to show some proper emotions towards Jisoo. But before they could think of anything constructive, the target of their scheme as well as the one human Greed was actively trying to avoid walked through the door. Both of them stopped at the sight of their lovers lounging on the sofa, their faces close enough to be considered intimate.

Wonwoo's usually nonchalant expression darkened at once while Sloth raised an eyebrow and drawled, "Are we interrupting something?" Even though his voice was calm, the flare in his aura spoke differently.

"It's not what you think!"

"We're not doing anything!"

The two demons immediately tried to get away from each other. In their haste to get up, they stumbled and ended in a tangle of limbs on the floor, not really helping their cause.

Wonwoo strode over and grabbed his boyfriend, his eyes never leaving Lust in the process. "Stop using your demon seduction on him," he hissed before he pulled Mingyu after him and stomped towards their room.

 

~

 

Jisoo climbed back onto the couch while Jeonghan watched him from the doorway. His knees hurt. His heart hurt even more.

"You know that I didn't do anything, right? I mean, you would've felt it otherwise," he mumbled, eyes directed at the carpet. His whole body felt heavy from the amount of venom that had laced Wonwoo's voice. It had shocked him that the human who knew him so well would suspect him of stooping low enough to seduce his boyfriend. Lust leaned against the soft cushions and wrapped his arms around his legs before he buried his face in his knees.

Nothing worked out the way he wanted it to and neither his lover nor his former lover seemed to trust him to be faithful. Even though he had worked so hard throughout the last weeks. He had not gone out alone. He had cut off all contact with the humans he had usually met for . He even had given his laptop to Chan as a late Christmas present. Just to be doubted again. Maybe he just wasn't good enough...

He had just decided that he should stop bothering Sloth with his useless advances when his thoughts got disrupted by a warm arm around his shoulders.

"I can hear the cogs turning in your brain and I'm sure that you're coming to an absurd conclusion right now. Something along the lines of leaving me because you think of yourself as unworthy or an inconvenience."

Lust lifted his head to find Jeonghan sitting next to him, smiling, his eyes filled with an emotion the demon couldn't quite pinpoint.

"Am I right?"

A pink flush crept up Lust's neck and he avoided eye contact with the other demon. "Of course not." Even to his own ears, he sounded unconvincing.

Sloth only laughed at his feeble attempt and gently grabbed his chin, forcing Lust to look in his direction. "You know that I get angry because I'm worried that someone is going to do something to you, yes? Not because I think you'd cheat on me. And if I wouldn't care about you, I wouldn't bother to get angry either."

"But that was Mingyu. He wouldn't do anything..."

Jeonghan's eyebrows furrowed at once. "The last time I walked in on the two of you, you and Wonwoo were both fu-"

"OKAY, OKAY! Yes, but that was before Wonwoo and Mingyu officially got together. I'd never start anything with someone in a relationship. I'm not heartless." Lust was visibly flustered after Sloth's reminder (on Christmas they had set the unwr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter