Chapter XIII

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lust had taken Wednesday off to have time for the explanation Jeonghan had forced him into giving the morning before. (Sloth had called it 'convincing', but Lust was pretty sure that threatening someone with an untimely death while smiling into their face counted as using force.)

After the humiliating rejection on Monday evening, Lust had assumed that the demon was simply not interested in him - which was okay, really (it really wasn't). Apparently, he couldn't change it even if he tried since Jeonghan had seemed completely immune to his attempt to seduce him.

But now, after Sloth's unexpected participation in their little nightly party, the situation had gotten quite confusing. Why had Jeonghan joined in if he wasn't interested? And why had he only gone after Lust?

While sitting in the living room, waiting for the other demons to crawl out of their beds, the demon contemplated how to approach Sloth further. Should he try to seduce him again? with what had happened the night before? That didn't seem like the brightest idea - he really didn't have a death wish. Maybe ignoring Jeonghan would bother him enough to finally pay proper attention to him? But ignoring the demon was somewhat impossible when Lust was supposed to answer Sloth's questions once the other demons had gathered.

He finally decided to wait and see whether Jeonghan would make the first move. Until then, he would just be his usual Jisoo-self. Satisfied with the conclusion, he crossed his legs, tapping his fingers on the armrest of the couch.

 

Over thirty minutes later, he was still waiting. Nothing indicated even the slightest movement upstairs. Annoyed beyond belief, he made his way towards the bedrooms to personally gather the demons.

Starting in the back, he knocked at Seungcheol's door before opening it quietly. The sun illuminated the sleeping demon, mouth agape and arm dangling off the side of the bed. A little bit of drool had darkened the fabric of his pillow. Lust stared for a few dumbstruck seconds. This was supposed to be their fearsome leader? Pathetic.

Rustling to his right made Lust turn towards Jihoon, who had just woken up. He looked oddly adorable with his sweater paws and bed hair, a stark contrast to his usual angry self. The sight soothed Lust's burning annoyance a little. He mustered his brightest Jisoo-smile and chirped, "Good morning! We were supposed to meet 30 minutes ago; could you please wake up Seungcheol and come downstairs?"

Jihoon only nodded and rubbed his eyes, obviously too tired for words. Lust watched as he climbed out of bed and trudged over to Seungcheol with his pillow tightly clasped in his hand. It hit the elder square in the face, making him flail and almost fall out of bed in surprise. "Hey, ! You were supposed to wake me up 45 minutes ago."

Lust left the room with a grin, considerably less annoyed than when he had entered it.

 

Seungkwan was already awake but once again too engrossed in his phone to actually notice his surroundings. Lust had to forcibly remove the small device before the demon agreed to go downstairs to get it back.

 

Next, Lust moved to Mingyu's new room. Opening the door, he found Mingyu and Wonwoo curled into each other on the latter's bed, still very much asleep. skin was peaking out from under the blanket they had used to haphazardly cover themselves. Lust's eyes wandered over the familiar expanse of Wonwoo's chest and over Mingyu's long, muscular legs. After admiring the sight for a while (and trying to ignore the building heat in his neither regions), he poked the human's side, making him groan and open an eye. "What?"

"Why are you not at university, young man?" Lust, of course, knew better than anyone why the couple was tired. He was the number one reason for it after all.

Wonwoo closed his eye again and pulled Mingyu closer, nuzzling his hair while he mumbled, "Afternoon classes. Leave me alone, gramps."

"Alright then, keep sleeping." The demon smirked inwardly. He knew exactly how to wake the human up. "But I'll have to abduct loverboy here for a while."

Wonwoo immediately opened his eyes again (both of them this time) and glared at him. "What for?"

Lust couldn't suppress his grin any longer at the overprotective reaction. He loved teasing him. It would be difficult to let him go. "Don't get your in a knot, sweetheart; it's just a talk with the other demons. You can join too. You know about us anyway."

Wonwoo shooed him out of the room so he could wake up his new lover by himself.

 

The last room was Jeonghan's and cold fear ran through Lust at the thought of waking the other demon up. He would tear him apart - especially since Lust knew how little sleep Sloth had gotten last night. The demon fidgeted in front of the door for quite a few minutes, fiddling with his shirt, repeating what he was going to say over and over again (Sloth couldn't blame him; he had been the one wanting answers! It hadn't been Lust's idea! He was innocent!), until said door nearly hit him in the face.

"Your anxiety alone is enough to keep me awake. Go downstairs, I'll get Soonyoung."

Sloth closed the door again.

 

Fifteen minutes later, the demons (and Wonwoo) were finally gathered in the living room. Gluttony was sulking because Pride had ordered him to wait with breakfast until after the meeting, therefore he now sat alone on a chair instead of on the couch like the rest of them. Sloth stood next to a rather nervous Lust, facing the small crowd.

"Okay, quiet now." The demons immediately stopped talking at Sloth's sharp tone. It didn't stop them from sharing surprised looks. "I want to introduce someone to you. Our fellow tenant, Hong Jisoo, was kind enough to reveal himself to me. May I introduce to you the seventh Grea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter