Chapter IX

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was shortly before the other tenants were supposed to return that Pride and Wrath got up from their comfortable position on the sofa to actually get some work done. But before the leader of the demons even had the chance to pull Wrath into the kitchen, they heard a panicked scream from upstairs. Wrath was unusually willing to find out what was going on, so they ran up the stairs together with just-arrived Hansol, who was still wearing his thick parka and a scarf.

They located the origin of the scream in front of one of the bathrooms, where a clearly horrified Gluttony tried to prevent something that looked like a wall of bubbles from spilling into the hallway.

Wrath and Hansol stood gaping on the last steps of the stairs while Pride jumped into action. "What the hell did you do?" he growled as he uselessly tried to shovel foam back into the bathroom with his bare hands.

"Th- the washing machine. I think I p-put too much detergent in it," Gluttony stammered through a mouth full of bubbles while simultaneously using his body to stop the foam from escaping.

Pride tried to reply which also earned him a face full of bubbles. "Get your asses over here and help out!" he barked at the two idiots who were still staring from a safe distance. Both scrambled closer at once but were unsure what to do, ultimately making everything even worse.

Amidst the chaos, a new figure had emerged on the stairs.

"Um... What's going on?" Seokmin asked, eyes wide, taking in the scene of four people half-buried by foam in front of the bathroom door. Gluttony immediately tried to hide behind the bubbles at his sight.

"That idiot here put too much detergent into the washing machine." Pride pointed at Gluttony who immediately shrunk under Seokmin's gaze.

"I see... Did you turn off the washing machine yet, Soonyoung?"

"Um...no...?"

"WHAT?!" Wrath foamed more than the bubbles around him. Gluttony seemed to get even smaller at his rage.

Seokmin noticed the oncoming outburst and intervened as fast as possible. "Seungcheol, how about you and Jihoon start with dinner while I take care of this problem together with Soonyoung? And you go and rest Hansol. No offence but you are even worse at cleaning than Soonyoung."

Except for Gluttony, everybody was content with this suggestion.

 

After changing out of their wet clothes, Wrath and Pride returned to the kitchen. Pride began to scan the contents of the cupboards while Wrath looked on in disdain. "What should we cook? There are noodles here, rice and some canned fruits and vegetables." The elder walked over to check the fridge. "Hm... Eggs, jam, butter, Parmesan cheese, some leftover meat, bacon and some vegetables I don't know the name of." He held up zucchinis, onions and an eggplant.

"Fried rice?" Wrath proposed unenthusiastically.

"Good idea! Let's see... You search for a large pan while I get knives."

The younger lazily opened the cupboard closest to him which was filled with different condiments. He decided that they'd probably need some of them so he picked chilli, salt and black pepper - the only ones he knew. Pride had prepared knives and cutting boards by now and - impatient as always - had found a pan by himself which he placed on the stove.

Wrath trudged over, eyeing the ingredients on the counter. "Do you really want to put cheese in it?"

"Of course. Cheese makes everything better."

"Sure..." Wrath didn't look too convinced but chose not to argue - yet. "Do we cook the rice first?"

"No, we'll just let it cook together with the other stuff. Fill that pan with water," Pride ordered, busying himself with chopping the meat and zucchini into uneven bits.

"Yes Sir," Wrath grumbled sarcastically, wobbling slightly under the weight of the almost overflowing pan.

"Turn on the heat and pour in the rice."

Doing as he was told, Wrath looked more and more disgruntled with each order from the leader.

"Let's add eggs too," Pride decided with gleaming eyes. He was obviously having fun.

Wrath distrustfully poked one of them. "I don't know how to open those."

"Just smash it and put the runny stuff in the pan."

Wrath found that squishing eggs wasn't all that bad. Maybe he would take that up as a hobby to relieve stress.

"Now help me chop those." Pride pointed at the onions while throwing the abused pieces of meat and vegetables in the simmering water.

Grinding his teeth, Wrath picked up the knife, contemplating to simply stab Pride and get it over with. Instead, he stabbed the onion but regretted it immediately when the strong vapour made his eyes water. "Ow, what the hell is this?" he whined, frantically wiping h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter