Chapter 4: Our Rock Is A What?

Drag'on Together (Love Is Its Own Magic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin is ripped from sleep by the sound of Taehyung screaming. 

“Oh no. No. No. No.” The younger man is pacing the floor when Jimin finally wills his body to sit up. 

“Did something happen?” he asks in a sleepy haze, worried that someone was hurt.

“I can’t find him.”

“Who?” Jimin throws his feet to the cold floor, fear gripping his insides. Did something happen to his dad, his little brother? 

“Blue, I can’t find Blue,” Taehyung says in a panic, and had it been anyone else Jimin would have knocked them to the ground for waking him up because of a rock. “Did you, did you throw it out?” 

Jimin looks up instantly, Taehyung knows? 

“No, no. I promise I didn’t,” Jimin feels guilty because it was his plan to get rid of the stone, so the fact that it’s missing is not in any way sad news to him. 

Taehyung stares at him for a beat longer than needed, and he holds the boy’s gaze so Taehyung can see that he’s not lying. 

“I don’t know where he is,” Taehyung comes to sit beside him. “ Help me find him Jiminnie. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like I'm supposed to protect him, keep him safe. I felt it the moment I touched him. Please help me,” the boy pleads ,and Jimin is weak, always weak when it comes to Taehyung. 

He nods. 

Taehyung’s head falls to his shoulder as the boy mumbles a “thank you.” There it is again, that pink light bouncing from Taehyung’s being, shining out of the boy like a lantern on a dark night. The coloring is a bit different this time, as dots of light red and purple glitter inside the beam like fireflies. Something about this particular hue has Jimin’s heart feeling like it’s the first day of spring; birds are singing harmonious melodies and flowers bloom with vibrant colors, and each and every shade reminds him of Taehyung. 

He inhales, taking in Taehyung’s earthy scent, then grabs the boy’s hand. 

“Let’s get started then, okay?” He’s still somewhat wary of the stone, but if Taehyung feels like he’s meant to protect it, well, then protect it they shall…together.

Taehyung lets himself be pulled up without a fight as Jimin drags them both to the door. The search starts outside, and Jimin can’t help the laugh that escapes when Taehyung starts to call the rock by name.

“Blue, where are you?” Taehyung’s voice is loud, and Jimin can only shake his head in awe because it’s a stone, well...maybe. 

“That’s odd, the shed door is open. Appa always locks it so the mice can’t get in.” Jimin points to the small structure in the distance. 

Taehyung takes off ahead of him, entering the door first. 

“BLUE!” the boy exclaims, running in the direction of the stone.

Jimin stares at the rock/stone/magical teleporting being (???) in wonder. He is confident neither his family nor Taehyung had moved the blue mystery item to this location, and he knows for a fact that he didn’t, so how did it get here? 

“Hey, maybe we can leave it in here at night,” Jimin says, hoping to reach a compromise, since getting rid of the glowing blue stone is now out of the question. 

Taehyung looks at him suspiciously, “I mean if we leave it here we’ll always know where it is.” He counters quickly.

“Blue is not an it,” Taehyung says with a slight pout, and Jimin just can’t, he can’t, “but that’s a good idea. Hear that Blue? You get your own room, isn’t it great?” Taehyung says as he gently places the rock on a shaky wooden table. 

All Jimin can do is sigh and wonder how he happened upon this boy that talks to inanimate objects and glows in different colors. He slips out the door quietly to give Taehyung a moment with his rock and wait, when did he become a person that gives people time to talk to things that can’t talk back?

 

֍֎֎

 

Taehyung is so distracted by Jimin’s stealthy exit that he misjudges the stone to table ratio and nearly lays Blue on nothing but air. As he tries to overcompensate, he ends up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter