Chapter 11: A Missing Dragon

Drag'on Together (Love Is Its Own Magic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jin opens his eyes in the morning, true to his word, Hoseok is still next to him. The guard is asleep with his head dropped forward, his chin nearly touching his chest. He smiles at the sight and hopes the man hadn’t spent the entire night in such an uncomfortable position.

“Hoseok-ah,” he whispers the man’s name carefully so the guards don’t hear.

The man stirs and groans, trying to shake off the sleep that clings to him.

“Have you been awake long?”

No, only for a few minutes.”

“Mmmm.” Hoseok’s voice is low and scratchy, and Jin feels guilty for waking him.

“So what’s the plan for today? Are we staying here for a bit to see if they come, or are we-” Jin doesn’t finish his question. He feels him, Jungkook, and the boy is near... very near.

The father’s heart begins to beat faster, and the sound is like rolling thunder in his ears. His eyes widen when a dragon lands in the middle of the field a little ways from where they’ve set up camp. Two boys hop down from the animal, their laughter and giggles filling the air. Two men on horseback arrive shortly after the boys. One man is tall and dressed in the garb of a wizard, his long flowing gown swaying as he walks. The other man is shorter and clearly in charge, and the boys and the dragon follow his instructions immediately. He’s about to step forward when he’s pulled back.

“What exactly do you think you’re doing?” Hoseok whispers against his ear.

“Going to talk to them,” Jin replies, trying to free himself from Hoseok hold.

“You’ll be doing no such thing. Do I need to remind you who you are?”

“I’m a father, Hoseok. I’m a father before I’m a king.” He pulls himself from the guard’s firm grasp and walks forward without looking back.

As he nears the area where the strangers are he feels a presence at his side. Turning his head he sees Hoseok next to him, lips disappearing into a thin line, signaling that the man is angry, but Jin honestly doesn’t care. He’s just happy the man is there.

A boy with soft brown hair and wide, curious eyes is pointing in their direction. All eyes are on him and Hoseok as they approach.

Jin’s about to speak when the wizard chokes out the words, “Oh my word, you’re King Seokjin.”

The two older men bow while the two younger stare, confusion written all over their faces.

“Taehyung, Jimin, bow,” the shorter man commands the boys obey almost immediately. “You too Blue.” The man turns to face the dragon, who lowers his head to the ground.

“It’s fine, it’s fine,” Jin assures them, indicating they can rise.

“How can we be of service, Your Majesty?” the shorter man asks.

“I’m looking for something that was taken from me,” Jin says. “I feel its presence here.”

“What was taken?” the taller of the two boy’s asks, and something about the boy instantly endears him to Jin, and he wonders.

“You what’s your name?” he asks the boy.

“Taehyung, sir.”

“What’s your surname Taehyung?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter