Chapter 12: A Prince, A Boy, A Dragon Part II

Drag'on Together (Love Is Its Own Magic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook has been flying for what feels like hours. The man had said his name, and he panicked, just panicked. He needs to land soon, but he doesn’t want to. Landing will mean that he’ll have to face people, to answer questions. Taehyung has been calling him frantically. He can feel the boy’s heartache through their bond. He feels guilty for not responding, but he can’t right now.

All his emotions are tangled, knotted together like loose thread in a sewing kit. He can sense night approaching, and he needs to land before it gets dark. Stealth, unfortunately, is not something dragons are known for, he’ll be spotted for sure if he lands too near his home. The dragon lands a few miles away from his home but in the forest, using the tall blooming trees as coverage. He’s waiting for sunset, waiting for night time to come so he can transform. It’ll be easier to hide in human form.

Jungkook makes it to the entrance of his forest home just as the last bit of sun evaporates from the sky. By the time he arrives at his leafy bed he’s completely human, all traces of the dragon having disappeared. He notices something lying beneath the tree where he usually sleeps, and as he gets closer he realizes what it is, clothing.

Yoongi. Jungkook smiles as he pulls on the pants, shirt, and cover vest. The man had left a second blanket as well, and it takes all of Jungkook’s willpower to not cry over the man’s kindness to him. He sits down to think, to try and figure out what to do. The crunching of leaves beneath shoes draws him from his thoughts and he quickly hides behind a nearby tree.

“You can come out of hiding, Jungkook. It’s just me.” Yoongi’s voice has relief washing over him.

“Hyung,” his voice trembles. He’s never been so happy to see another person in his life.

“Jungkook. I think you should walk back to the house with me,” the man says, and Jungkook knows he’s right but he’s scared.

“I-I don’t know,” he starts slowly but stops when Yoongi raises his finger at him.

“It’s time to tell the truth Jungkook. Right now there is a house filled with people, all of whom are worried about you. You need to make this right kid.”

Yoongi’s right; it’s time to come clean.

“Will you be there hyung? I mean, will you stay with me? You’re the only one that knows my secret. I’ll feel more confident if you stay.” He’s aware it’s a lot to ask, but he just needs to know someone is on his side.

The older man is quiet for a while, and there’s something in Yoongi’s eyes that Jungkook can't quite read. The look makes his stomach double over, doing flip-flops and somersaults. Just as quickly as the look appeared it is gone, but the remnants of its effect on Jungkook remain.

“Yeah, kid, I’ll stay.” There’s a difference in the man’s tone, a softness that bookends his typically gruff tone. “Let’s go, huh?” With that Yoongi stretches out his hand.

He stares at the hand for a bit. Yoongi’s hands are strong and veined, and Jungkook thinks if he takes hold of it all his fears will vanish. He reaches out, accepting the outstretched arm, and laces his fingers with Yoongi’s, allowing the man guide him out of the woods.

Once they’re outside the tiny door of Jimin’s home, Jungkook freezes. His heart’s beating against his chest, and he’s certain it’s about to jump out and run away. Yoongi gives his hand a reassuring squeeze. It’s a simple gesture, but it is everything Jungkook needed.

“Wait here,” Yoongi tells him. “Let me go in first and prepare them, okay?”

Jungkook nods and fights the urge to hug the man. He hears Yoongi on the other side of the door telling them that he’s been found. He registers the confusion in the air when

Yoongi says that instead of them going outside to meet him, he’d come in. When the door swings open Jungkook takes one last deep breath before stepping past the threshold.

“Who’s that?” Taehyung asks looking at Yoongi. “I thought you said Blue would be comi-” the words stall when realization dawns on the man. “Are. Are you Blue?”

Yes.

“Oh my God!” Taehyung says before immediately jumping up from where he sat on the ground to grab Jungkook in his arms.

I was so worried. Don’t ever do this again, you hear me?

Warm liquid is runni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter