Last payment

Sing Me To Sleep

Chanyeol

He mingled with the other soul less bodies heading towards the platform in the station. The place stank of sweat and piss which made him feel nauseous and uncomfortable.

" you got any pot, buddy?"- a guy asked him.

He had a ragged look with an unkempt beard and sloppy hair. His eyes were of two different colors one dark brown, the other one hazel.

Chanyeol ignored him and started walking towards the other direction. The guy kept following him.

"look I don't want any mess, alright. Now go away."- chanyeol said trying to shake him off.

"Whoa dude, I ain't doing something wrong. Mr. Wu sent me to you."-the guy replied.

Chanyeol turned to look at him. "why did you ask for pot then?"

"well I didn't know how to approach you with your fancy suit n' all . So thought pot was a good way to start.....why you don't smoke?"

"if you are here to me then you better hurry up. I haven't got the entire day."

"All right then, mister come along."- the man said leading him away. They got into the car and the driver dropped him to his hotel.

It had taken him two days to clear the mess that had happened in the vaults and three hours in the boring old hall of the guardians to clear up the formalities. He was dog tired now but that didn't  stop him from going to meet the person he was supposed to hate the most-Kris. He took a shower and dressed into something comfortable. He didn't forget to take the envelope with him before heading outside.

The man was still waiting for him with his car. "Mr. Wu  asked if you would like to visit the market round here."- he asked.

"no thanks. Take me straight to him."-chanyeol replied and got into the car.

The engine started in one fluid motion and the man led it past the buildings and then took a deserted roadway, his face impassive at all times.

"so how did you know it was me?"- chanyeol asked casually .

"234 years of being a warlock ought to teach me somethin'  at least, don't you think?"- he said.

" also haven't seen those kinda eyes before......shocking permanent green."- he added.

Chanyeol didn't reply. The silence after that was welcoming and chanyeol didn't want to break it as he wanted to preserve his energy for whatever that was coming ahead.

The driver parked the car infront of a big whitewashed building. Chanyeol got out of the car and followed him. They went inside  the house and he soon found himself sitting on a big leather couch beside the fire. He waited until he heard footsteps in the hall outside. His senses at once became wary and he sat with his back straight.

"Chanyeol..."

That voice, the voice he had learned to hate. The voice that demanded respect and fear both at the same time but Chanyeol's feelings against him were way stronger to instill loyalty in his heart.

He turned to look at him, he was  standing in the doorway with a lopsided smile, his eyes with an amused twinkle.

"Five years, huh?....you look the same but do you feel any older?"- he asked, taking the couch, facing him.

Chanyeol shrugged. He didn't like Kris's tone. Things between them were too bitter to let them have a casual conversation.

"so...how's life? Heard you guys got a human pet."- Kris asked, offering him a glass of wine.

"don't call them that."- Chanyeol said, his voice betraying no emotion.

Kris chuckled. "bothers you, huh? Brother mine......I don't give a . So you might as well not give a either, atleast when you are under my roof. I got a pet recently, very loyal.....does all the job without a question."

Chanyeol didn't say anything though he was fighting hard to keep a cool head.

"so what about your 'pet'?- Kris asked.

" I don't have one so I don't think it's wise for me to talk about a made-up subject."- Chanyeol replied.

" oh, Yeol....so good at avoiding questions. You must be well experienced in 'hiding-the-real-you' crap"

Chanyeol could feel the heat rushing into his face.  It was unlike of Kris to be so direct, Chanyeol knew that he was doing this just to provoke him.

" I am here to finish my business with you, Kris. This is my last payment."- he said, placing the envelope on the table between them. 

"so eager to leave,eh?"- Kris asked not touching the envelope yet.

"times are hard, Kris and I have my duties towards my pack. I have no unfinished business with you  and thereby, cut all my ties  with you and I hope you will do the same."- Chanyeol said, getting up.

"well if that's what you want, very well."- Kris got up too and embraced him lightly...it was stiff and businesslike. He smiled, his smile was cold and dangerous. Chanyeol could feel that Kris had something planned in mind and that he was not safe.  He knew that Kris wouldn't kill him in his own house...everyone believed it would bring bad luck to murder a guest. But he knew that his life was in danger. He couldn't even tell his brothers for they knew nothing about this meeting, they didn't know about Chanyeol's connection with Kris and so he had come alone.

After the formal goodbyes, Chanyeol got out of the house and started walking. He didn't bother to look for a cab, there were no signs of establishment around the house.

He kept walking until the house was nowhere in sight. Then he phased into his wolf form and disappeared in the woods along the side of the road, running at full speed towards Seoul.



 

A PEEK INTO PAT'S DIARY

dear diary,

time- 11:20 p.m.

symptoms:none

changes: none

wounds: better

mood: cheerful

It's been three days since I have been here and I won't lie to you- I feel safe here though my condition is not getting any better. The people here are really nice. After I got better....Suho(the really kind guy) introduced me to the other people of his pack(he happens to be the leader). And oh my! they are really really good-looking(I know i sound really girlish but can't help it....I am still allowed to do that right? I am on a break from my misery). They look in their early twenties but they are all way older than that.

It's a really big house so they all took turns to give me a tour of their 'den'( can you believe it...they call their house'den'!)

I like it here. Its peaceful. Sometimes I even forget that I have no future. I have realized that I cannot run away from my fate, I guess i just have to bear it. They sent back the orb. Apparently Suho believes my story because Lay is considered to be one of the best alchemists and his truth serums never fail. Right now, I have decided to assume the role of a 'damsel in distress'(you know how most guys love to be the hero of a damsel) and they are doing thair best to comfort me since humans are considered to be weak and emotional(I am rolling my eyes as I write). Thankfully, I am quite an actress and so it doesn't bother me that much.

Today, I am not going to write a sad entry. I have some time left(approximately ten months) before the conversion is complete and I just want to have a happy life till then. Don't worry, diary I haven't embraced the bitterness of me turning into a brainless, ugly guard faerie, I will die before then....I really have no reason to live. Its okay , right? no one would miss me anyway. Until then, I will just enjoy life. I don't know if that's possible because I still have Kris hunting me. I am not going to talk about it....I just want to forget about all those stuff for a day(my doctor'Lay' said that i should not think about something stressful)

The guardians are too busy with the war(yep, people are fighting....Korea isn't affected yet) to look into what happened in the vaults seriously so they have just sent the order to the Seoul pack(Suho's pack) to deal with me and after I had acted out my 'damsel in distress' part about shelter and stuff, they have offered me their friendship and and a place to stay. I gladly accepted it of course, I really have no place to go. Don't worry, I am not staying alone with eight full grown men, there are maids and servants too(told ya, it's a big house!) and guests keep coming every other day (because of the war, that's what they told me...I don't know the real reasons.)

Okay so, this is not what I had planned to write today. I had something bothering me and I wanted to tell that to someone( be happy diary!  I count you as that 'someone').

So the thing is.... the time when I met Suho for the first time.....this guy came into the room for like a minute( he had some business with his leader) and man! the weirdest thing happened to me. 

This might sound exaggerated but it is so not. It felt like I was zapped  by lightning. This sounds really lame,doesn't it? Well, I don't know any other way to explain it, so bear it with me ,will you?

It felt so unreal that after three days, it feels as if it was a dream. I think he magicked me or something, these werewolves have magic(I think.)

By the way, the word magic sounds stupid and childish but "sorcery" is too big a word and I am not sure about the spelling.

I am going off topic again....sorry continuing....

And he has green eys(bright Green eyes!!). Werewolves have green eyes when they transform and he has them permanently. That's weird because the other seven guys have normal brown and black. He is different I think. I am really curious about it but don't really have the guts to ask someone else about it. Maybe they will tell me themselves( they talk a lot- mostly random,silly stuff)

I haven't seen that guy in the past three days (his name is Park Chanyeol.....his brothers told me )

They told me that he had gone to Busan to look over the paperwork of my case(thats so sweet.....>>....) so he won't be here for another one day.

I really don't want to face him again, I think it would be awkward because that night, we had like this staring competition(I wasn't aware of it at that moment) and he was the first one to look away.  I think he started this staring game to see if I chickened out or shied away from a stranger(well, I didn't and I even won this staring game)

I have started talking rubbish again, haven't I? so I better stop. Its night and I am supposed to sleep but I can't, the entire house is awfully silent. I think the others have gone outside for hunting or something...I don't know. It's so quiet. The house is in the middle of the woods so I can't even hear a car horn but I am glad that there are no guard faeries here. They are creepy.

I have got lots of free time, so I will write to you more. Till then, bye-bye.

Ooo...I succeeded in making this entry cheerful unlike the others. Phew! I am relieved that I am still normal and not psyched.

 

P.S. 

12:32 am.

dear diary, I heard a sound outside. Should I go look? I don't know.....I don't like this suspense. It sounds like someone is signalling someone. Maybe its one of the brothers asking me to come out? I don't know. God...help me...