chapter 10

Sing Me To Sleep

The door opened without a creak though the key and the lock were both old and rusty. This was the most secluded area in the house since the place was dark and dingy with a very gothic look-the only part which wasn't recreated after the house's last owner, who was an old vampire died.  His brothers didn't like this place as it still had the old man's aura and it was quite natural since werewolves and vampires never really liked each other.
But  Chanyeol found the place oddly peaceful. It didn't bother him like it did his brothers and he could come here often to take a break from wearing his fake coat of bubbliness. It was on the top most floor of the house and so no one really liked to climb all the way up here, which was another of the reasons why Chanyeol was the only one using this room.

He pushed open the door and felt the dust blowing away. He never let the servants clean that room since it was something he wanted to keep for his eyes only. The old yet beautiful silk draperies, the stained glass windows, the floor tiled with black and white tiles and the wooden piano sitting in the middle.

Chanyeol sat down on the bench kept before the piano and using the wet cloth he had brought, he cleaned the keys gently,  his fingers trailing over the insignificant cracks. 
---------------
Pat was watching the news with the brothers and the video footage of the aftereffects of the attacks in China truly left her bespectacled.

The dead bodies were lying around with severed body parts...all too very gruesome to watch. She averted her eyes as a cctv footage showed a vampire feeding on a human.

"Okay that's a lot of violence for one day guys. We have lots of work to do."-Suho announced and turned off the TV.
"come on....we are like a hundred years old... We can watch that. I am sure Pat's not having a problem either and she is  human."- Jongdae whined and looked at Pat for support.

Pat mumbled a small 'yeah' at which Suho just shook his head.
"you don't really have to agree on everything Jongdae says."- Xiumin said stretching himself. 
"come on guys..Yoora's been bugging me  every single day to complete the packing and you guys are not helping at all."-Suho said, remembering the worried look on Yoora's face.
"Gaein and her army can do it."-Kai said.

"Okay so you want them to pack your things from your rooms?"- Xiumin asked looking  serious. They all got up at that as  werewolves were really possessive about their things.

"Errr....  I already packed my stuff so I can help you guys instead. "-Pat said.
"sure....you can go check the weapon arcade and help them there. Gaein's minions have already  started working. They are a bit small so...they might need your help and don't say that to them....they have pride."- Suho said with a playful  smile.

Pat nodded and smiled back. They all began to move to do their respective jobs and Pat took the stairs to go to the weapon room before she heard Sehun ask Baekhyun- "where is Chanyeol hyung?"

....................

Pat entered the arcade area....different weapons displayed in glass boxes, the light gleaming from their smooth,sharp surface.

Bustling about were small, cute pixies sharpening the swords or polishing the bows not giving her any notice. She liked watching the small creatures working but it was very rare to see them about in the house as they mostly worked when no one was around. Behind her Gaein cleared . 

"umm...I was just going  to start working.. I...."-Pat stuttered. It was still awkward for her to talk to any of them. 

"I have heard you liked knives...you can start packing them in the wooden crates over there. After you are finished take them downstairs"- Gaein said.

"you can't talk to them so don't try...they don't really like human interaction. "- she added.
"Okay. They are cute though."- Pat said, eyeing the pixie nearest to her.

"don't say that unless you want your body to be shredded into pieces. "- Gaein  said in a low voice avoiding looking at them. Pat didn't know what to say to that and so she just said alright.
Gaein left her alone with the pixies and she started working with the knives. She liked one in particular. Pat loved blades and knew that the blade had a twin, judging by the markings on its sleek silver surface.
 She could figure that it was expensive,  the hilt was made of dragonbone, something that was very difficult to find these days.

Pat ran her fingers on it and accidentally cut herself, a little drop of blood appearing on the skin of her index finger. She on it, cursing under her breath. One of the pixies came closer and peered at her. She looked up and saw the bright pink eyes looking at her solemnly. It took one step closer and held out its hand, Pat put forward her hurt finger and watched as the pixie took it and blew on it...the stinging pain went away at once and the cut healed up.
"Can you do that to everyone? "-Pat couldn't stop herself from asking. The pixie shook its head.

"well thank you."- Pat said. The pixie let go of her finger and took the knife from her. It looked at her blood on its surface with such  interest that for one moment Pat thought that it wanted to drink it. Then it's eyes got bigger and it dropped the knife. Pat was startled. She took the knife and looked at it.

"what?what is it?tell me"-she asked urgently. 
The pixie just shook its head vigorously and ran out of the room. The other pixies  had by then looked up from their work to see what the commotion was all about. Pat was measuring her steps whether she should  follow that pixie or not, afterall pixies could turn violent when provoked. 
At last Pat decided to follow her instinct. She dashed out of the room with the knife in her hand and looked around. She couldn't see the pixie anywhere. It was only the second floor and there were two more floors above it with the third floor housing the workers. She took the stairs, taking two at a time until she finally reached the third floor. She clutched her stomach, breathing heavily....it was strange for her to get tired so easily
..maybe the venom was weakening her strength. She still wore the bandage around her hand and luckily no one noticed because of the full sleeves. She pushed the thought out of her mind and sat down on the floor, knocking a vase in the process. Fortunately it didn't break. 
She was still panting when she heard the piano. It was faint but the tone of the music was distinct. She listened to it intently, closing her eyes as every note settled in her mind and her heartbeat slowed down as the music soothed her nerves.

The tone was sad and angry both at the same time. She could picture the player pressing on the keys, his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes closed. She could feel him letting out his emotions in the form of music which calmed the soul of another. She imagined him  thinking of all the things that was bothering him, trying to discard them only to know that he can't  as they were stuck to him permanently. She imagined him opening his eyes, his eyes a brilliant green.

Pat opened her yes, still shocked to see the eyes of someone she wasn't even thinking about. 
She stood up and moved to go back to the arcade room but after every step the sound tugged at her harder. The farther away she moved,  the more difficult it became to make herself take the next step.

She stopped and reasoned with herself. It wasn't a big deal, was it? Seeing the eyes of someone she had met three weeks ago?it could happen to anyone and his eyes stood out from the rest anyway, it's not like she wanted to think about him, it just came up.

She had to see who it was playing the piano. Whoever it was, he or she was playing beautifully.
 She went back to her previous spot and focused on the sound. It was definitely from upstairs. She took the stairs and this time she climbed slowly, letting the music sound closer after every step.  She finally reached the fourth floor  and looked around.

She followed the sound which brought her infront of a brown wooden door. The corridor was very dark..the curtains covering the windows not letting the sun light up the place.
Pat moved closer to the door and put her ear against it.
It was even more beautiful  and she supported herself with her back against the door. She closed her eyes, the music filling her up....reaching every nook and corner of her mind and soul.

__________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HIII...I DIDN'T REALLY GIVE MUCH TO THIS CHAPTER CUZ YOU KNOW I THOUGHT THAT I SHOULD NOW FOCUS MORE ON THE FEELINGS PART .  I HAVEN'T EVEN BROUGHT IN SUGA YET BUT I AM GOING TO SOON. 

I hope I will be able to write a Kris chap next cuz you need to know him more :-):-) 

Most people like the villains than the hero, I don't know if you agree with me cuz most of my friends like Loki way more than Thor...lol.

I will be really happy if you guys leave comments down below. I don't know if you like this crap but your comments will be really helpful for me from writing more crap(~>__<~)

So yeah....till then byeee.

ALL HAIL EXO FANS and BTS fans ...ALL KPOP FANS IN GENERAL!