Prologue

Sing Me To Sleep

Chanyeol put down his guitar and walked over to the window. Outside, the sky was clear and people were walking, carefree and unaware of the nightmare they were going to face soon.

 

Chanyeol was getting tired of the storm inside his own mind. The headache had started again and he just couldn't focus. he opened his closet and searched for the box. He finally managed to pull it out from the tangled heaps of clothes. He sighed and sat down with the box on his lap. It was beautiful made out of ebony with intricate designs.  It was amusing to him that the things kept inside the beautiful box was so unimaginable. He had not only polluted his blood but everything that was still innocent to touch.

As he thought about his crimes, his selfishness, his disability to protect the people he cared for; he felt rage, he found himself distasteful.

He hastily opened the box and took out the knife, his face reflecting from its shiny surface. He rolled up his sleeve and without hesitating, made three sharp cuts on the milky, white skin of his arm. He watched as the blood slowly trickled down from the already raw flesh of the previous cuts. The pain numbed the storm he was facing inside and he took a deep breath, relieved from the war in his mind.
How had he become like this? the answer to this question was unknown.
He didn't know when all of this had started, maybe when the innocent  people were being put on fire while he just stood there watching. He considered himself a monster now....a monster that no one knew about.
He got up and washed off the blood . He looked at himself in the mirror- happy virus Yeol, his friends called him.  Pretending to be what he wasn't was the only thing he could do to protect his brothers. More than a century now and yet he felt different from  them.
He brought out a fake smile and walked over to the box. He took out the vial filled with foxrip petals and took out three. Filling up a cup with water, he pondered upon the fight that was  to come soon. They would leave only if situations get really bad. Till now there was no inkling of a war but chanyeol and his brothers knew well that it was the lull before the storm.
He dropped the foxrip petals in the water and watched as the petals dissolved, turning the water red as blood.
'This is my medicine'- he thought. 'My only relief'.
He drank from the cup and welcomed the numbing sensation that slowly took over his body.


PAT

Patricia was getting her backpack ready. She had to succeed this time no matter what, she thought. It was her last chance to recover the orb. She knew very well that she was playing a dangerous game and had prepared herself to face the consequences- either she would die trying or succeed and save herself. She zipped the bag and cursed at the pain in her wrist. Pat looked at it and carefully opened the bandage. The wound was still new and the bloody carved symbol out shined the pale milky color of her skin. She closed her eyes and tried to stop herself from thinking about what had happened a week ago. Her brother .......his lips red with blood....the symbol being carved on her wrist with the ancient blade while her wrist burned in an indescribable pain......Her shrieks echoing in the hallway.... Pat blinked twice and shuddered , forcing herself to come back to reality. She opened one of the drawers and took out a fresh gauze to bind her wound.

She finally finished dressing it and grimaced at her poor nursing skills. It was a little after evening. Pat's attire was all black except for the silver chain hanging from her neck. She took one last look of the small room she had been living in for the past two weeks. It was empty except for the closet and the bed which showed no sign of her stay. She knew that she might never get another chance to look back at her room again and with a heavy heart, she bid adieu to her humble flat and walked into the cold, foggy night of Seoul.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hii...my chapters are really short but i promise that they will be longer next time. And please leave comments and please do subscribe to my story(even though its full of crap). It will be a bit boring in the beginning but I assure you it wouldn't be that bad after a few more chapters.

ALL HAIL EXO FANS!!