Jimin

Home Sweet,Sour,Bitter Home

Chapter 8


“Hey, if you don’t want to eat this, I’ll eat.” Jin has set his eyes on the vegetables put aside on Yoongi’s plate. Yoongi didn’t answer and Jin took it as a yes. He smiled and picked all the vegetables.

Yoongi glanced to Jin’s plate and see he has ate all his meat and vegetables. Jin still has some rice and asked for his vegetables to eat with it. Yoongi then put two of his meat on Jin’s plate and his act put everyone in the table in awe. Everyone was amused to see how generous Yoongi is today and Jin who was oblivious, happily eating the meat.

“Yoongi hyung, that really is him right?” Jimin whispered to Hoseok who sat beside him. Hoseok nodded his head, “Yeah,”

“Hyung, can I get one too?” Taehyung tried his luck. Yoongi looks at his plate and simply said,

“There’s still meat on your plate. So it’s a no.”

Taehyung pouts while the others giggle.

“Seems like you and Yoongi is getting closer.” Namjoon said to Jin and Jin smiled. Maybe.

Jin glanced to Yoongi who avoids eye contact with him after showing his kindness. Then his eyes caught a glimpse on Jimin’s forehead. He saw a plaster still there at his cut. So he asked, “How was your wound Jimin?”

It has been three days since the incident and Wooyoung behave well except he will not stop staring and glaring at them whenever he had the chances.

“It’s getting better hyung, thank you for asking.” Jimin touched his forehead and tore a grateful smile.

“Jimin, you should tell us if someone bothers or hurting you.” Hoseok spoke while pointing his spoon to Jimin’s direction. He is still dissatisfied with what Wooyoung told them. The fact that Jimin was bullied at school and none of them knew about it.

“Did you two know about this too?” Hoseok’s mind rang to the memory of knowing Taehyung had rescued Jimin from the bullies.

“No we didn’t.” Taehyung answered in a low voice. Deep in his heart, he felt so guilty and useless for not knowing his best friend was suffering alone. He glanced to Jimin and they looked at each other. They also noticed that they haven’t been talking properly since that day. Taehyung felt so useless that he distanced away from Jimin.

“I’m sorry,” Jimin spoke after putting down his fork and spoon. He looked at Taehyung then to everyone at the table. “I didn’t mean to keep it as a secret, but, I am ashamed of myself. I am just so weak hyung, that’s why they bully me.” Jimin’s voice is getting lower and lower.

“No, Jimin… you’re not weak. You’re just too nice. You know bad people hate good people.” Said Sophie.

“Then should I stop being nice?” Jimin asked back.

“No. That’s not what I meant...” Sophie looked at the boys who remained silent. She was hoping they could say something to motivate Jimin. And Namjoon got her cue.

“Jimin, you should not let them bully you. Yes you’re too nice but you shouldn’t turn bad just to make them stop bullying you. If you be a bad boy, wasn’t that mean you have lose to the devil in you? You have us, we can help you.” Namjoon finally spoke something that is useful.

Everyone nods including Jin. He didn’t want to interrupt them because he is still new and he will just be a listener and observer for the time being.

“Yeah we are here for you. If you don’t want our help, then you have to stand by yourself. Protect yourself. But I just want to let you know, you are not alone Jimin.” Hoseok interrupts.

“Am I your friend Jimin?” suddenly, Taehyung threw a question. All eyes quickly darted on him like hungry hyenas. They are worried if Taehyung and Jimin will have a fight. Quarreling is a normal thing for Taehyung and Jimin because they are friends but sometimes it can be worst because of their differences. Yet, that is how friendship grows. You can’t have a friend for laughing only. Sometimes, you fight and cry with them too.

“Yes of course it’s a yes!”Jimin quickly answer. He didn’t want Taehyung to misunderstand him. The main reason why he didn’t share his problem with them was because he doesn’t want them to worry about him. He doesn’t want to be a burden for them.

“Then you can let me protect you. That is what friends do.” Taehyung’s word was like a magic. Everyone was stunned, everyone was touched especially Jimin.

Now Jimin cannot hold in his tears any longer. He was to thankful for the support he gets and he couldn’t ask for more but to stay together with them for a long time. This is his family now and he loves them very much.

“T-thank you everyone…” Jimin cried. Taehyung chuckled while Jungkook patted Jimin’s back.

.   .   .

“Well, well, weak boys are here.” Wooyoung mocked when he saw Jimin walked together with Taehyung, Jungkook, Hoseok, Namjoon, Yoongi and Jin. After three days behaving himself, Wooyoung is still itching to disturb the boys especially Jimin.

“Wow you brought friends today Jimin?” Wooyoung tried to put his arm around Jimin but was stopped by Taehyung.

Wooyoung and Taehyung glared at each other and before they could curse each other, Jimin held Taehyung’s hand and brought them down gently. He wanted to do it himself. He wanted to stand by himself, in front of his family.

“Hyung, please don’t disturb me and my brothers anymore. We didn’t do anything wrong to you.” Jimin said.

“You think you did nothing wrong?” Wooyoung looked back at Jimin and his angry face drew closer to Jimin’s face until Jimin can smell his orange breath. Deep inside, Jimin was trembling. This is his first time to confront Wooyoung and he wanted to do it well so that he will stop disturbing him.

Jimin balled his hands into fists, trying to hold together his courage and said, “Yes. I believe I did nothing wrong to you. I know I’m a nice student and seemed weak, but that doesn’t mean you have right to bully me. I hope you will not disturb my friends and Jin hyung anymore.”

Wooyoung snickered. “What? I bully you? What nonsense is that Jimin-ah? Aren’t we best friend? Shall we talk in private right there? So that I can remind you—”

“Would you stop that? We’re late to class.” Yoongi grabbed Jimin’s shoulder and gently pushed him towards Taehyung and Jungkook. Three of them left first followed by Namjoon and Hoseok.

“I don’t have any problem with you, so don’t disturb me and the boys.” Jin said and word before taking his leave and lastly, Yoongi. He gave one last glare to Wooyoung before being the last one to leave.

Wooyoung breath heavily, he gritted his teeth as he watched Yoongi walked away.

“How dare he glare to you like that? Aren’t you two best friends?” Nickhun asked amusingly.

“Shut up.” Wooyung hated it when the topic was brought up by his friends. Although Nickhun was right, but Yoongi and him are no friends anymore.

Not after what happened between them.

-to be continued


OH MY GOD HI!!!!

Firstly, I would like to apologise for not updating for tooooo long! I'm facing writer's block for this story and is busy with college still, and will undergo internship soon so there are many things to do. I might not update this story as frequent as I used to be but I want to tell you that I will finish this story no matter what. I will not let it sink XD it is just the matter of time <3

I hope everyone is doing well and I want to send my deepest condolescence to Jin and his family. May his grandmother rest in peace.

Have a good day everyone :)

~Sharin!