Jin's Secret (1)

Home Sweet,Sour,Bitter Home

Chapter 7


The teacher eyed them up and down one by one. Five boys sitting on the chair facing the headmaster’s desk, were glancing at each other.

“Yoongi started it first. He hit me first.” Wooyoung opened his mouth. Yoongi scoffed and he sent a glare to him. Jin who sat in between them had nothing to say. He came to separate them but he was caught in the middle of doing so. So do Hoseok and Jimin, who sat beside Yoongi.

“I see, because you’re well beaten.” The headmaster commented. Wooyoung was a complete mess while Yoongi has no bruises on him except for his red knuckles and messy hair.

“But, why do you hit him Min Yoongi?” the headmaster stood in front of Yoongi.

“Because he accused Hoseok and hurt Jimin.” Yoongi answered calmly. The headmaster moved to Hoseok and he asked if Hoseok did what Wooyoung said he did.

“No I didn’t. I just arrived at school when I and Yoongi heard him yelling.” Hoseok answered.

“And… did Wooyoung hurt you Jimin?” Jimin was startled to hear his name. He fidgets with his trousers before quietly glancing to his hyungs. Wooyoung, Jin, Yoongi and Hoseok were all looking at him. And he was most afraid when he saw Wooyoung fierce eyes.

“Don’t worry, hyungs are here.” Yoongi spoke, giving him a courage.

“Y-yes.” Jimin answered timidly.

“What did he do?” Jimin looked up to meet the eyes of the headmaster and he told him, “He tried cutting my bangs and the scissor cut my forehead.”

“LIAR!” Woooyoung screamed but the headmaster stopped him by raising up his palm.

“Why? Why was he trying to cut your bangs?”

“I don’t know why my bangs.. but he was asking about Jin hyung’s background.”

Jin and Yoongi immediately looked up Wooyoung.

“Ha ha ha. Funny. And why would I bother to know that? He is my classmate, I can just asked him if I am curious.”

“Exactly.” Said Jin. “Why didn’t you ask me instead?”

“Don’t tell me you believe his word? You don’t even have proof and he’s a weakling. He was bullied by others too.”

Jimin lowered down his head as his fingers pulled his trousers, trying to hold his tears. The images of naughty boys bullying him including Wooyoung appeared one by one in his mind, like a gallery show.

“You scumbag!” Yoongi stood from his chair and grabbed Wooyoung’s collar again.

“What do you think you can do Orphan? Who’s gonna protect you, huh?” Wooyoung smirked.

“Well, unlike someone, I stood for myself. I don’t need to cry for a mother to save my . Don’t you think you’re that someone, Crybaby?” Yoongi mocked with the equal smirk plus satisfaction and it triggered Wooyoung.

“At least I still have a mother you motherless!”

Dush!

Wooyoung was punched by Jin; which surprised everyone in the room, even Yoongi who has balled his fist.

“I wish you could stop talking.” Jin blew his front bang while he stared down at Wooyoung.

Bam!

The office room was barged in by a woman in expensive clothes. She looked worried and she eyed every boy in hurry before she recognized her son and rushed to him.

“What happened to you?! Who did this to you?!” The mother asked while checking her son’s face. She then turned around and slapped Yoongi. Jin quickly covered for Yoongi and he got hit too then the headmaster quickly calmed her down but she can’t just stop herself from hitting the remaining boys.

“What did my son ever do to you?!” she yelled to the boys. Behind her, was the smirking Wooyoung. Jin, Yoongi and Hoseok really want to wipe off that smirk from his face, badly.

“Boys!”

All eyes gave attention to the door once again where there was a female coming in. She is Sophie and Yoongi hated the fact that she has to come on behalf Aunt Maria.

“You! You better teach the orphans well! Don’t you know me?! I CAN SHUT DOWN THE ORPHAN ANYTIME!”

Jin was surprised. Yoongi, Hoseok and Jimin were triggered. Closed down the Orphan? If their only home is taken, then where will they all go?

“Ma’am I am very sorry. Please forgive the kids, they are still young.” Sophie went to beg, leaving all the boys sighing.

 

* * *

 

“Wooyoung that bastard,” Yoongi cursed under his breath. He took out something from his pocket and then a lighter. Whenever he was upset, he will smoke. And he skipped school after the meeting with the headmaster.

“YA—,” Somebody snatched away his cigarette, making him angry again. But when he saw the person, he shut his lips.

Jin puckered his lips as he stared at the cigarette. He has never smoked but he always saw his dad smoking. He wanted to try smoking, but he doesn’t want to end up being like his useless father. And he doesn’t want Yoongi to become like his father too. So he intentionally let the cigarette fell on the ground before he stepped on it and rubbed it with his sole against the tar.

“You wanna die?” Yoongi deathly asked.

“I should be asking you that. Do you know the consequences of smoking?” Jin bent his body so that he could see Yoongi’s face clearly. Yoongi looked away and spit on the ground.

Jin sighed and decided to sit beside Yoongi. They were on the semi-circle monkey bar at the playground far from school and home. Jin also skipped school because he has no mood to be in class. And he saw Yoongi ahead of him. Since Jin wasn’t familiar with this new neighborhood yet, so he followed Yoongi here.

They were only sitting quietly, watching the sun set.

“Can I tell you a secret?” Jin asked quietly without glancing to Yoongi.

When Yoongi is not answering, Jin assumed that he can. So he says,

“Actually I am the one who pranked Wooyoung.”

Yoongi immediately turned to Jin.

“What?”

“You can get mad at me. I know it was my fault that you, Hobi and Jimin were involved too. I’m sorry,” Jin turned his head to face Yoongi. It was a brief silence before Yoongi suddenly chuckling. His unexpected response made Jin frown his brows.

“You have guts newbie. I dare you to do it one more time.” Yoongi grins. Seeing the happy face, Jin smiles too.

“My pleasure.” Jin nodded his head.

“No, I am just kidding.” Yoongi took back his word. He really was joking and didn’t expect for Jin to take it seriously.

“Why not? We can do it together.”

“No.” this time Yoongi sounded firm. “I know you might think of us as cowardice, but, we should have take Wooyoung’s mom’s word seriously.”

“The home was originally Aunt Maria’s husband property but when her husband died, they went through financial difficulties. Wooyoung’s mother association helped her financially and she actually owned the house grant. So, before we take back the grant, we should behave ourselves.”

“How do you want to take it?” Jin asked. They are just highschooler. Where will they find money to buy back the house?

“I will be an engineer and work hard then buy back the house to give to Aunt Maria who has worked hard taking care of us. It’s not only me, all the children in the house has the same dream.”

“You guys can actually move out from the house and have a new life. Why bother to buy back?” Jin questioned. Wasn’t it bothersome?

“You don’t understand.” Yoongi let out a sigh. He knows it was no use to be mad at Jin. Jin wasn’t a real orphan after all. Because he still have parents and most importantly, a place to live.

“Then make me understand. If you want me to behave well not only to the kids but also to the scumbag Wooyoung, then explains to me.”

They both looked at each other and Yoongi smiled a little. Amused to how Jin was opened for them.

“We are orphans when we were child. We were scared of many things especially with strangers and new places. No one wants to take us even our relatives. But some are willingly taking care of the lonely child but us? No one wanted us except for Aunt Maria. She took us in and took care of us. When a family wanted to adopt one of us, she will make sure the family has good backgrounds and make sure they will take care of us.”

“House of Love. Yeah I know it sounds cringe but it is what it is. It is a house that is full of love. Our only home sweet home. A place that is suitable for orphan like us. Two lovely women were always working so hard to fulfill our needs and love. We are so thankful for them. And paying back their blood, sweat and tears was not the only reason. We wanted the kids like us to feel the love that they thought they have lost it. This house, tell us that our lives aren’t over. That there are still loves for us.”

“So I want the house grant back which is the only thing that could secure House of Love forever.”

Jin listened to Yoongi as he stared to the reddish sky. He recalled all the kids in the house who always smiling and seems happy. He still remember the first time he stepped into the house, he felt warmness all over. He thought summer was so hot but it was just the warmth of love contained in the house. He also remembers how excited the twin saw him entering the room and how sad they were when he scolded them for eating his food. But then, they still smile at him the next day and they called him hyung.

“Now do you want to know my secret?” Jin was pulled out into reality. He was anticipating to hear what is Yoongi’s secret.

Will he tell him how he came to House of Love?

“Maybe next time.” Yoongi grinned then he jumped down. He walked away while laughing heartily.

“Yah!” Jin was mad but then he tore a smile too. Well, his roommate is not as as he thinks of.

“Wait for me!” Jin also jumped down and ran to catch up with Yoongi. He put his arm around Yoongi’s shoulder like a close friend but Yoongi shrugged it off.

The sun has set, and the roommate walked home together with a developing bond in between them.

 

-to be continued

Hope you like this one! <3