Chapter 5

Home Sweet,Sour,Bitter Home

CHAPTER 5


 

“It .” Jin said to the phone. As soon as he got home, he went to his room and immediately called his mom. First day of school is . That what he was whining to his mom.

He has never imagined that he would be picked on first day of new school. That guy named Wooyoung . He and his gang had been provoked him all day at school for being a new member in orphanage. It made Jin so furious since his parents are still alive! Luckily there were Hoseok and Yoongi holding him back.

Jin soon realized. Was that what all of them experienced? Jin glanced to Yoongi who was lying on the bed; playing games while listening to music through earphones. Just now at school, Hoseok and Yoongi were provoked too for protecting him. They said, ‘orphan protect orphan squad’. Oh so annoying that name. Unknowingly, Jin rolled his eyes.

“Jin?” his mom on the phone called when there was a momentarily silent when actually Jin was just flashback to the day at school today.

“Uh? Yes I’m still here.” Jin replied and talk for another good three minutes before he hung up. His mom sounds well today. And though she is, Jin wishes that she could take care of herself till they met again later.

“Your mom?” Yoongi threw a guess without looking at Jin.

“Yeah.” Jin simply answer. He didn’t want to sound too arrogant nor too ignorant. He was aware that the real orphan was beside him and he didn’t want to hurt Yoongi’s feeling. “Oh, she thanked you for keeping the package for me. And... I would like to thank you too. For, keeping the package, and for today.” Jin glanced to see Yoongi’s reaction to his thanking.

Yoongi pulled a brief smile which he then covered with clearing his throat. “Your welcome.” He said as a reply. Jin smiled too. He just knew that Yoongi didn’t show that much affection or appreciation, but he knew, that Yoongi did appreciated his thanks just now.

 

*       *       *

 

After dinner, Jin did his homework with Yoongi. They are not doing it together. They just did at their own study desk. When Jin was tired, he stretched up his hands and look behind to check what Yoongi is doing. Jin almost laughed when he sees Yoongi fell asleep with a book on his chest.

“Hey, wake up and sleep on the bed.” Jin poked his shoulder but Yoongi gave no response.

“Hmm,” Yoongi lazily hummed as he put the book on his desk and slept on it instead of getting on his bed. Jin just smiled. It’s actually so nice to have a roommate. He suddenly thought.

Jin decided to make some coffee for him and Yoongi so he went to the kitchen. They didn’t finished their work yet. The work was received today but it need to be submitted tomorrow. That’s why, they’ll need to stay up for a bit tonight.

Jin managed to glance to the clock on the wall. It’s 11 PM already. When he arrived at the kitchen, he saw Taehyung closed the fridge and sneakily went out through the back door. It’s the rule in the house, to not go out after 10 PM, even if they want to leisure at the balcony outside. Most of the children are in their room.

Jin looks around him. If he first enter the house, he will see a huge living room where it was divided into two section. First section, at the right side, there was a counter and sofa for registering new orphan or adoption form being processed. It’s like a small lobby. At the left side, there was a TV and bean couches, fluffy mats and long couch. It’s where the children watch their favourite channel or movie night on weekend.

If he lifted up his head, he will saw a first floor where his room and Yoongi located at. His room was the second last from the right hand side. The last room was the storage room and opposite it was the second bathroom. Next to their room was Namjoon’s and Hoseok’s room. Next to them was Aunt Maria and Sophie’s room. Both of them are mother and daughter. Mrs. Marianne or Aunt Maria is the owner of the orphanage. She ran up the place since her husband and her son died in car accident 10 years ago.

Going further inside the house, he will meet reading room before he arrived at the kitchen. The kitchen is so huge with 4 dining table that each table consists of 10 chairs. Yes, that’s mean there are almost 40 people are staying in the house including the owner. This is a private orphanage so the children staying here are not exceeding fifty children. According to Yoongi, almost every month there is a children to be adopted and to be sent here.

Beside the dining hall, there was the actual kitchen where Aunt Maria and Sophie will cook and the children will help in rotation in every day. Oh, almost forget that there are a stair to another building of the house, it contains two levels and an attic. The short cut using a drop stairs in front of toilet near Jin’s room was also a stair to the attic. In the other building, it contains 16 rooms with eight at each levels. That’s all Jin’s knew for now. He didn’t travel or sight seeing to the second building yet.

“What was I doing here?” Jin almost forgotten his objective of coming down to the kitchen. Ah, to make coffee and…

“Yeah, where is Taehyung going?” he just realized about that since he fell in imagining the house’s map.

Jin take out one of the torchlight available near the back door. A hook was empty and that’s mean Taehyung has took the other torchlight just now. Jin braze himself to walk in the dark. God, it’s so dark I tell you. As soon as he stepped on the ground with pair of slippers there, Jin the switch. He almost had a heart attack when he saw a huge tree trunk. It’s the biggest and the oldest tree here. Jin sighed in relieve.

He pointed the light to the 90% incomplete tree house and it’s dark and so impossible if Taehyung has gone up there. Jin looks around him to see where he could go finding other than the back yard. Jin decided to walk to the balcony side where he first saw Taehyung and Jungkook. Through inside, the sliding door to the balcony was locked by Sophie every night at 10 and she will keep the key. Maybe Taehyung is there.

“Taehyung?” Jin whispered when he almost near the balcony. There are no one there. God, what am I doing here? What if I just hallucinate? But, if I really saw Taehyung, God please help me find him. Jin prayed hard whilst reflecting his spontaneous decision. He can’t just ignore a boy going out alone at night. In fact, Taehyung has just broke a rule! And as a hyung, one of the oldest here, he has the responsibilities on their safety.

Jin then saw a black figure moving behind a chair and he smiles.

“Taehyung?” Jin pointed the light to the figure but he only saw a yellow bright eyes.

“Miaww!!” a cat jumped to his direction. Jin was so scared and so shocked to death due to the sudden appearance. Yet he was so thankful that it was a cat! His heart was beating so rapidly right now. He was so scared that his screamed was unheard, was silent though he was producing a high pitch yell in his mind.

“! ! I should just get in!” Jin cursed under his breath. He was too weak to continue. Really.

“Who’s there?” a voice asked and it almost took his breath away. A light was directed to Jin’s face.

“Jin hyung?” this was not Taehyung’s voice. Jin slowly became sane.

“Jungkook?” Jin frowned as he saw Jungkook’s face.

“What are you doing here, hyung?”

“I am the one who should ask you that.” Jin huffed his cheek. He felt like he was being played. “By the way did you see Taehyung? Or are you looking for him too?” Jin looked around and to Jungkook’s back to check if there was Taehyung.

“Why are you looking for him?” Jungkook asked weirdly. Jin rolled his eyes. He has had enough today. First he was being played at school, and now, is right now.

“Can you just answer my questions instead of asking back? Did you even realized that you just broke the rule? No one is allowed to be out here past 10!”

“Erm,” Jungkook bit his lips. He was unsure of his answer. Jin noticed that he held something in his hand.

“What is that? Is that blood?? What the hell did you do??” before Jin could gone mad, Jungkook grabbed his hand and brought him to the little house that Jimin had shown him in the other evening. The little house is lighted dimly with a torchlight.

The moment Jungkook opened the door, Jin saw Taehyung was coating Jimin’s forehead with antibiotics. Jimin was hurt. And Jimin looked so shocked to see Jin.

“What happened to you?” Jin rushed inside and take a look at Jimin’s cut. Thank God it isn’t that deep but that was quite a long scratch and it looked hurt. Jin guessed that Jimin must have tripped somewhere but when he saw an uneven cut of Jimin’s front bang, Jin’s was afraid to assume any possibilities that hurt Jimin.

“I asked you, what happened to you Jimin?” Jin looked at Jimin eyes to eyes. His voice was so deep that it scared Jimin. Jimin’s eyes is shaky and teary. He looks like he will cry in any moment.

“Hyung…” Jimin just blurted out his name before he bit his lips to muffle his cries.

“Why? You attempt to cut your own hair and you accidently hurt yourself.” Jin threw a guess. He took over Taehyung’s place to clean the cut. Jimin shook his head. Jin smiled. Jimin could have nodded and lied to him but Jimin just can’t. Jimin can’t tell a lie. He is just too nice.

“Then what happened to you? Mind to tell me?” Jin asked nicely this time. Jimin stayed quiet. Jin glance to Taehyung who sat still beside him while Jungkook was looking around pretending he didn’t witness anything nor hearing anything he asked.

“Okay so did you fought? Taeyung’s lips is bruised.” Jin stated and glance to Taehyung again. There was a silent again.

“Is there nobody going to answer me? Am I talking to a no one?” Jin raised his eyebrow. Though he was actively asking his hands still works skilfully; wrapping the cut nicely.

“Fine, never, ever talk to me again!” Jin is leaving after he is done. He knew he had hurt the kids feeling but he had apologized. This time he is genuinely care for them and they didn’t seem to feel what he feels.

“They hit Jimin.” Jungkook finally spoke. Taehyung and Jimin was giving him a death glare but he didn’t care less. Because he care and he love them and this new hyung, he will speak.

“Pardon?” Jin thought he was misheard.

“They asked Jimin about hyung and they hurt Jimin because Jimin won’t answer. We accidently saw it and Taehyung butts in to protect Jimin.”

“Who were they you’re talking about?” Jin asked. Taehyung slowly shook his head; signalling for Jungkook to not to tell.

“Tell me.” Jin insisted to know.

“Wooyoung hyung.” The truth unveiled.

 

- to be continued


 

FINALLYY! BTS IS NOMINATED FOR BBMA! WHOOP WHOOP KOOKIE WILL BE ABLE TO MEET CHARLIE PUSS THEN HAHAHAHA XD

#BTSBBMAs Hey lovelies! Don't forget to vote for our boys okay? ^^

thankyou for staying and subscribing! To new readers, Do subscribe if you wanna catch up!