New School

Home Sweet,Sour,Bitter Home

 

4


 

“Yo.” Jin greeted his friends, Sandeul and Ken. They raised their hands to Jin and hugged him when they approached each other.

“You look…” Sandeul is commenting halfway.

“Worst?” Jin guessed and Ken shook as response.

“Are you okay?” Ken asked. Before Jin answered them, he take a seat. They are at a cyber café. A café where they always hang out at night playing games till morning.

“No.” being the blunt he is, Jin always spoke the truth.

Because he really needs someone to hear him. Someone that can comfort him. He didn’t knew where his dad was and he can’t contact his dad because his mom registered a new number for him and he has never memorized his dad’s number.

“It’s been a week I stuck there. Mom hasn’t call me yet and I can’t reach her too.” Jin started.

“What if she really left me there?” Jin bit his lips as he tried to hold his tears from breaking down.

“She won’t. I know she won’t.” Sandeul pulled a chair and sit near Jin. Ken nodded agreeing.

“How do you know that she won’t?” Jin asked.

“Do you remember when your mom was super busy the whole two weeks, two years ago?” Ken asked and Jin nodded. “You told her once through phone that you were selected in team and you were able to play in basketball tournament as fixed members. The game was next week on Saturday at N Gym in 8 in the morning. You forgot to remind her because she was outstation in Daegu for two weeks and you even didn’t expect her to remember and to be able to come right?” Ken stopped and smiled to Sandeul; signalling for him to continue.

“Well, turns out she arrived in second half game!” Sandeul clapped his hands. Jin pulled a small smile.

“But now she’s quit and I don’t even know where she is.” Jin said quietly.

“It’s okay. It will be okay. She will call you whenever she can. Maybe she has something to do.” Sandeul his back.

“Right, the divorce.” Jin scoffed. Sandeul and Ken looked at each other.

“Anyway, how’s preparation to new school? Your mom registered you to a school near the place right?” Sandeul tried to change the topic but it turned out making Jin more stressful. Ken nudged him.

“. I forgot about that.” Jin hissed.

“Never mind that. Today is Saturday. Let’s play then tomorrow let’s checklist things to do.” Ken tapped his shoulder.

“I shall beat you guys this time.” Jin pushed his chair to his computer at desk number 7. Ken moved to desk number 6 and Sandeul at desk number 8.

“We’ll see.” Ken and Sandeul smirked.

 

*        *        *

 

After pulling all night playing games and eating late night snack, Jin is finally home to his so called new home. In 6 in the morning, Jin sneaked quietly into the house. The front door was locked but Jin is quite skilful also with help of Ken, he can open the door. While his friends waited outside, he rushed to his room to take some things before he sneaks out again.

“Hm??” Jin found a package on his bed with his name on it. He knew the hand writing.

“Your mom sent it last night to you.” Yoongi said. Surprisingly he has awake. Yoongi sat up while pulling off his earphones. He was actually waiting for Jin all night.

“She… she came? In person?” Jin was surprised to know.

“Yeah. She called you but you left your phone.” Yoongi motioned to a phone beside Jin’s package. Jin immediately took his phone where he put in silent mode. Stupid. I left my phone and even silent it. Jin was mad at himself.

Six missed calls and a two text messages.

 

First message:

Why didn’t you answer my call? Are you still mad? I just want to tell you that I’m coming over. I missed you.

 

Jin bit his lips. I missed you too mom. His heart whispered.

 

Second text message:

Your roommate Yoongi told me you went out but you left your phone. I’m glad to know that you hasn’t change, my son. Take care and do well in new school. Mom loves and misses you a lot.

 

Jin covered his mouth from forming any sad sounds. His heart ache and long for his mom. He missed her so bad too. This is also the first time he being away from his mom for so long. Even a camp just a three days leave. This is almost seven days and this is too much for him.

“How…how was her?” Jin asked Yoongi who was looking at him. Yoongi took longer to response. As if he was thinking a proper words to imply to Jin.

“Be honest with me. She looked good? Healthy or weak? She’s paler or normal?”

“Hmm, she’s good and looked healthy but…”

“But?”

“She’s a bit paler.” Yoongi decided to be honest. Jin nodded.

She must go through a lot. A divorce is something big to happen for a family. And separating from her children is one more thing. His mom is too attached to them. Sometimes, when his dad went outstation, she will invited Jin and his little sister, Seora to sleep with her. But neither he nor Seora was there with his mom. Seora was with dad.

Jin opened the packaged and found a new school bag. He found his name stitched delicately on a corner of the bag. Jin sighed as he his own stitched name.

“If you feel bad, you can call her.” Yoongi said and yawned. He was so sleepy right now. Since Jin came back safely and he has make sure Jin accepted the package, Yoongi can finally have a peaceful sleep. Actually he just can sleep and wake up when Jin come home but he decided to wait. He was worried too since he didn’t even know where Jin was last night.

“Ah, next time, kindly tell me where you going. At least I’ll not be clueless again in front of your mom.” Yoongi’s last word before he closed his eyes and drifted to a deep sleep.

Jin ran downstairs as he remembered his friends. He left a note to Yoongi saying he will go out for a shopping with his friends and will be back before lunch.

 

*        *        *

 

After dinner, Jin approached the twin who was playing games together at the living room.

“Here, for you guys.” Jin handed two bunches of sweets to the twin.

“For us?” Jungkook hesitated to take it.

“Really??” while Taehyung already took it and exclaiming unbelievably.

“Hyung is sorry for scolding you two the other day.” Jin told them the reason he gave them the sweets. The twin smiles.

“We are sorry too. We shouldn’t eat someone else’s food.” Taehyung and Jungkook said in unison. Taehyung held Jungkook’s hand before both of them bowed to him to say sorry and thanked for the small gift. Jin smiled sweetly; adoring the way the twin work together.

The twin runs to a group of children and they are sharing the sweets. Awe, Jin was in awe.

“Aren’t they adorable?” Yoongi who suddenly appeared and happened to witness the situation asked.

“Yeah.” Jin nodded.

“How about Jiminie, hyung? None for me?” Jimin asked sadly. Jin chuckled and patted his head.

“Of course I have one for you.” Jin take out another pack of sweets from the paper bag he carried and gave it to Jimin.

“Yay! Thanks hyung!” Jimin chirped. He ran to join Taehyung and Jungkook to share the sweets.

“Me and Hoseok?” Namjoon shamelessly asked. Yoongi glared.

“Take note that you’re sixteen already.” Yoongi reminded and Namjoon pouted sadly as response.

“I’ve got sweets for everyone okay. Here for you.” Jin gave some for Namjoon and Hoseok. When he turns to Yoongi, Yoongi raised a brow.

“What?”

“For you.”

“I don’t eat sweets.”

“Eh? But that’s hyung’s fav sweet(?)” Namjoon butts in to tease Yoongi for a revenge in which, Yoongi shot a death glare at him.

“Aye, just take it.” Hoseok took the sweets and gave it to Yoongi.

 

 

Summer break is over and school is starting again. Jin was checking himself in front of the mirror with a new uniform on his body. Jin eyed himself up and down. Is he entering a sophisticated school or elite school or what? He looked like one with dark blue blazer and slack. Wearing a tie is unusual for him because his old school didn’t require him to wear such a thing.

“Don’t get cranky over a uniform.” Yoongi said while he folds his collar after tying his tie. He noticed Jin dressed up early just to check himself out.

“Well, I need to make sure that it looks good on me. Especially, a new handsome face will enter the school today.” Jin smirked to himself. Yoongi rolled his eyes at his word and at his reaction.

“Unfortunately, you’re attending all boys school.” Yoongi smirked and left the room for the breakfast.

 

*         *        *

 

Jin thought Yoongi was just kidding with him but hell yeah he was being way too honest. It’s ing all boys school and the only female faces he seen was the teachers. Jin grumpily followed his head room teacher which is a guy to his new class.

“Class, we have new recruit here.” The teacher said. The boys screamed and Jin recognized a voice.

“Wow you’re have good face!”

“Unfortunately there’s no girls~ hahahaha”

The boys teased and it made Jin rolled his eyes. Oh shut up.

“Okay, okay. Introduce yourself before you settle down anywhere you like.” Okay the teacher is kinda cool. Jin smiled.

“Hi, I’m Kim Seokjin. Nice to meet you.” Such a short intro he gave. The class went silent for a moment before Hoseok raised his hand.

“Come and sit here!” Hoseok said. The table next to his is empty. If he was to sit there, he will be in between Hoseok and Yoongi. But, that is better than being surrounded by people he didn’t know.

“Oh… I see. A new orphan boy.” A voice commented. Jin stopped half way to take a look at the guy who said it. A long haired guy was smirking at him.

“I’m not an orphan, for your information.” Jin shot back.

“Oh…” the guy was surprised but it didn’t take long for him to provoke back. “Then you’re abandon?”

Jin glared at him angrily.

“Cause there’s no way you would volunteered to stay there right?” the guy continued and giggled with his friends. Jin’s hands already curled up to a fist and he was ready to throw it to the guy’s face. His attitude fumed him up. What was wrong with him? Jin didn’t even picking up with him though.

Hoseok pulled Jin to sit before any of action in Jin’s mind could happened.

“Shut up and mind your own business dude.” and Yoongi gave him a death glare.

 


to be continued-

 

Hi its me again! Thanks for subscribing! <3 <3 Comments are highly appreciated! Share your thoughts with me!