2. New Room

Home Sweet,Sour,Bitter Home

 

Chapter 2 - New Room


 

“Are you not coming out?” Aunt Maria knocked the door. Still not answered. She sighed and turn to look at a little boy who was accompanying her.

“Hyung won’t come out?” a boy around age 15 asked. He was helping her by holding a tray of food to give to the new boy entering the room beside his room. Aunt Maria shook her head.

“It’s okay Jiminie. He will come out if he is hungry.” She said smiling as she patted his head.

“Then how Yoongi hyung will get into his room?” the boy named Jimin asked again. That is because, the new boy shared the room with a former boy here.

“Erm, we will figure out later?” she grinned.

 

While inside the room, Jin was lying on his bed with a pillow on his face. He was listening to his mp3 through his earphone. After the two boy brought him back here, he just went straight to his room and locked himself in the room. He is not answering every knocks on the door too. He heard it but he ignored it. He was not in the mood to meet everyone. He knew the lady named Sophia will do a welcoming party for him, but he won’t attend or even come down.

This is not a place he belongs to. This is not a place he will stay at forever, for a second, Jin prayed that his mom won’t break her promise to take him back. He started to hate her for doing this for him but little deep inside he wanted to go home. Again, his eyes felt hot. Jin threw the pillow to his feet and sat up to wipe his tears away. He took his phone and checked the time now. It is 10 pm already.

He looked around the dark room and found an empty bed beside him. In this room, there are two beds. In front of the beds, there are wardrobe for each of them. Behind the bed, there are study desks and it were located near the window.

“Tak!” suddenly someone jumped in from the window.

“What the ?” Jin was shocked as he pulled off one of his earphone. He took whatever close to him to defence himself from a ‘burglar’ broking into his room. He wanna shout for help, but the pride of a guy won’t let him.

“Ugh, what a pain.” The boy groaned and stood up before stretching his arms up. He then stared at Jin.

“Cry baby.” He shot when he saw Jin’s tears stained on his cheek. Jin gritted his teeth and wanted to throw his pillow to the guy but he stopped when the guy landed on a bed beside him. My roommate? He blinks his eyes as he eyeing the slim boy up and down.

“You don’t need to lock the door so that I can come in more easily. If you ever did that again, I kill you!” the boy threatened.

“But why did you came in from the window though?” Jin asked in anger. Like there is no door right here.

“Because you locked the door stupid. And you didn’t open the door even after I knocked it. Next time don’t wear earphone or I will kill you.” Jin swallowed his saliva. The boy looked fiercer than the two boys he met earlier. He wears boot and ripped jeans with a chain hanging at his left right waist. His black hair made him looks like a normal boy but when Jin saw his ear piercings, he thought otherwise.

“What are you looking at?” the boy asked when Jin was eyeing him taking off his shirt. Jin looked at other way. The boy hissed as he took his towel and unlocked the door.

“By the way, what is your name cry baby?” he asked before he go out.

“I am not a cry bay and my name is Jin!” Jin answered roughly making the boy smirked.

“Well, I’m Yoongi.” He said before he finally left to take a bath.

“Hyung, is he awake?” a cute voice asking Yoongi from outside the room. Jin didn’t hear what Yoongi answered but then a boy with cute eye smile appeared in his room with a tray of food.

“Hi hyung. My name is Jimin. You can call me Jiminie or chimchim if you want.” Jimin approached him carefully as he brought the heavy tray. Jin quickly took the tray from Jimin.

“Thanks.” Jin mumbled.

“You’re welcome! Eat a lot okay. Tell me if you want more.” Jimin smiled and waved as he left.

Jin put the tray on the table. He suddenly felt hungry when he saw the food. A bowl of rice, a bowl of spicy chicken stew, a plate of kimchi, a plate of fried vegie potato and a glass of ice tea. He held it in and decided to take a bath before he eat. He pulled out his towel from inside of his back pack and quickly ran to a bathroom. There are two bathrooms at the second level and he already knew the other one has Yoongi in it. So he took the other one that is just near the window.

 

Jin hummed as he got out from the bathroom. He feels so fresh right now. Ah, I took the bath way too long. The food must be cold! He thought as he quickly went back to his room.

“Delicious!” a boy said as he eat one of the fried vegie potato.

He has a dark brown hair and short front bangs. His eyebrows and his eyes are dark and his skin is just natural. Not too white, not too dark. Just perfect for a manly boy like him. And Jin assumed that is Taehyung. He then look at another boy who sat on his bed reading a new comic he bought yesterday and also was being fed by Taehyung. He is Jungkook. He has white skin and his hair is also dark brown but he has long front bangs that almost covered his sparkly eyes. Although Taehyung has a very cold boy aura, but this boy gives out the aura the most. Sophie introduced the twins to him when he got back here this afternoon.

Taehyung is the first born and second is Jungkook. There are two perceptions. Some says that the first to come out between twins are the hyung as he came out first and the second came out late few seconds. But there are some says that the first one to come out is the youngest as the older one kinda considerate to let his dongsaeng came out first. Jin don’t know which one had applied on them but who cares? What he cared now is, that they were sitting on his bed and munching his dinner!

“Yah!!” he yelled at them. Taehyung dropped the chopstick as he was surprised but he didn’t look scared at his yell at all. All he did was grinning. While Jungkook didn’t give a response at all. He continued reading to the next page though. The twins fumed Jin up.

“Get off from my bed! Get off from my food!” he yelled again.

“Yah, don’t yell at them. You scared them.” Yoongi said from his bed. He was lying down on his bed while playing with his phone. So he was in the room but he didn’t stop the twin! Is this his revenge?

“Do they looked scared? No. And why didn’t you stop them?” Jin asked in anger tone. He hates the most when people touching his things and eating his food without his permission! He then saw his favourite snack that already been eaten by the twin!

“Why should I? They are already in the room when I got back from bathing.” Yoongi is still lying on his bed.

“I hate when someone touch and eat what is mine! Now get the off!” he yelled again to the twin. This time, the twin give reaction. They looked sad. Yoongi realized that and he immediately sat up.

“I said don’t yell at them.” He said in stern voice.

“Oh well I don’t care.” Jin replied in the same tone. Their eyes give out a fire and lighting to each other.

“You are too rude. How old are you? Although you are taller than me, it doesn’t mean that you are older than me. And if you are the same age as them, it doesn’t mean you can act harsh on them too.” Yoongi stood up.

“I am seventeen years old!” Jin said out loud. Yoongi blinks.

“Ew. It’s disgusting to have the same age as yours.” Yoongi said and eventually telling that he is also seventeen years old.

“Me neither.” Jin said. They both stared at each other with gritted teeth and tore their eyes away from each other.

The twin looked at them worried.

“Jin hyung, we’re sorry.” Taehyung and Jungkook said then they leave the room. Jin closed the door hard and went to clean the mess on his bed.

“Kids give so much pain.” Jin hissed and he suddenly remembers his little sister who is eight years old. She also gives him so much trouble. She always sneaking into his room and taking his school books, doodling it. Ugh… kids are pain.

“But they are not kids.” Yoongi butts in.

“If they aren’t, what are they then? Baby?” he snickered without looking at Yoongi.

“They are my donsaengs.” Yoongi answered. He is now sitting at his study desk and gazing to the night sky. Jin stopped cleaning and he looked at Yoongi.

“You guys are siblings? But you’re not look alike though. Except for looking like a cold and naughty boys.” Jin commented.

“No. We’re not, biologically. But, by brotherhood, we are.” Yoongi turned to face Jin.

“Don’t forget that this is an orphanage cry baby. The only kids who have each other are the Tae and Jungkookie. The rest of us, although we are not biologically siblings, we accepted each one of us as our own siblings. So, when you hurt one of my brothers or sisters, I will feel very mad. If I ever sees you yelling at them again, I won’t forgive you. Noted that!” Yoongi said and then he jumped off from the window.

“Hey!” Jin was panicking when he saw that scene but when he saw Yoongi safely landed on the ground and walked away, he let out a relief sigh.

“Although we are not biologically siblings, we accepted each one of us as our own siblings.”

Yoongi’s word replayed in Jin’s mind.

“Hmm…” Jin remembered the sad look on the twin’s faces just now. Although they didn’t seem scared, he still can see it from their shaking eyes. He just realized it now, and he feels bad.

 

 

The next day is Sunday. He threw his phone away on his bed when he got no messages from his parents and no replies from his friends. He didn’t want to stay here. He wanted to leave and stay at his friend’s house.

“Why are they not picking up too?” he mumbled as he leaned on the wall. He then looked at the empty bed in front of him. He didn’t knew when Yoongi got back but he knew he did came back last night. He was pretty sure that Yoongi slept late last night but he managed to wake up early than him.

There was an alarm stinging his ears at 7 am from Yoongi’s phone alarm. They boy woke up pretty quick and he went to take the bath and then disappear again from the room.

It is now almost 9 am and Jin has awaken fifteen minutes ago. He is on the bed with his phone and arguing with inner thoughts whether he should bathing now or later in noon.

“Hey, go take bath then come down for breakfast.” Yoongi spoke from outside. Jin stared at the closed door. He spoke nicely today.

“Faster you lazy .” Tch. I took back what I thought earlier. Jin rolled his eyes and slowly get off from the bed. He took his towel that hanging from on the hook at the left side of his locker and opened the door.

“Why are you still here?” Jin didn’t expect to see Yoongi still standing in front of the door.

“I’m afraid that you are still sleeping like a stone.” Yoongi replied before he turned around to go downstairs.

“Stop addressing me with nonsense names.” Jin muttered as he made his way to the bathroom.

Bam! Suddenly a stairs from the ceiling appeared and landed just right before his toes. That thing, if it landed on his toes, hence he will be toes-less.

“Watch it out!” he accidently yell out of surprise but he immediately shut his mouth when he saw the twin. The twin lowered their head and quickly ran downstairs. Jin turned to look at the twin. When he look back to the front, the stairs has gone up. Attic? They sleep at the attic? He wondered as he got into the bathroom.

      *       *       *

“Has he awake?” Sophie asked Yoongi. Yoongi nodded with a smile. Sophie then patted his head as she thanked him.

“Stop treating me like a kid. Be like your mom.” Yoongi said referring to Aunt Maria. She laughed.

“Mom has treated you like a boy?” she asked.

“Like a man.” Yoongi smiled.

“It sounds weird.” She commented. Yoongi chuckled. He then spotted the twin running to the dining table.

“Why? Did that bratty hyung yell at you again?” Yoongi immediately approached them. They shook their head. Yoongi frowned.

“Don’t back him up when I am backing you.” Yoongi stated to them.

“It just an accident. We dropped the stairs and it shocked him.” Taehyung answered.

“What I have told you about the stairs?” Sophie butts in. She had warned them to use the other stairs than the secret stairs.

“You told us that it is dangerous.” The twin answered in unison.

“Great, then don’t do it again. Okay?”

“Okay. We’re sorry.” Taehyung and Jungkook apologized and take their seats at the table. They sat next to each other.

“I think we need to shut the stairs.” Sophie sighed as she walked to the kitchen. Yoongi followed her.

“I can do it.” He volunteered. Sophie smiled.

“Thanks.” Both of them brought the foods and serve it on the table.

“I’m sorry I’m late!” someone appeared from the back door of the kitchen.

“Hoseok hyung!” the twin chirped upon hearing Hoseok’s voice.

“Hyung, you’re back!” the twin surrounded him.

“Gosh kids you have grown taller! Almost as tall as me!” Hoseok ruffled their hair.

“Of course! We eat a lot too. Aren’t we hyung?” Jungkook finally spoke with a smile and he look at his hyung. Taehyung grinned and smile.

“Yeah, but please act mature. You’re fifteen and still under Yoongi’s protection?” Hosoek teased them. Sophie laughed.

“It’s okay Hoseok. Little brothers need to be protected.” Yoongi backed up the twin. Hoseok and Sophie exchanged glances. They already knew that Yoongi pampered the twin too much. Although the twin annoys him and do troubles, he really adores them as his own siblings.

“Ugh, so noisy in the morning.” Someone said and yawned.

“Namjoon, great. After breakfast, you guys shall help me with something. Especially you, the great carpenter.” Hoseok hugged Yoongi’s shoulder. Yoongi rolled his eyes. What is this boy is up to? Yoongi then saw Jin entering the kitchen. He smirked.

“Do you need a lot of people?” he asked Hoseok.

“Exactly.”

“Then we need to include that new brat too.” Yoongi pointed to Jin. Jin looked at them, speechless. He just arrived and suddenly got pointed by Yoongi.

“What? Don’t include me in anything you guys plan.” Jin eyed Yoongi. Yoongi just smiled.

“Oh why not? By the way, hi, I’m Hoseok! What is your name?” Hoseok left to talk to Jin. Yoongi smirked seeing Hoseok forcing Jin to tell him his name and his age. No one can escape from Hoseok, the koala. And no one can escape from Hoseok’s plan. Nice, I can boss him around! Yoongi smiled devilishly to his plan.

“New boy?” the just woke up boy asked Yoongi.

“Yeah.” He answered lazily. The boy chuckled.

“Then I guess, he’s your roommate.” He said. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“I don’t want to talk about it Namjoon.” Yoongi left to go to his seat. And he took a seat that is far away from Jin.

 

-to be continued


 

Sorry for the long wait! Here goes the second chapter. Jin has met all the boys! Next should be very exciting:) How will his relationship with his roommate be?