Chapter 10

Next Door Weirdo

" Yuju! Come back here!," Eunbi yelled as she chased him around the garden. The thirteen year old boy didn't seem to quit as he still ran with the book in his hands"Give me back my diary," Yuju grinned.

"Why? Is your boyfriend's name in here?," He teased and watched as her face warms up."Wait is there a guy's name in her," Yuju frowned. Eunbi smacked his head and took the book, sticking out her tongue.

"None of your business!," She smirks.

Yuju on the other hand is suddenly deep in thought. Eunbi was his bestfriend and he wasn't gonna let some guy break her heart."You can't fall in love," He tells to her. Making her pout at his childish statement.

"And why not?."

"Because boys are gross, except me of course," He said seriously. Eunbi shakes her head and flicks his forehead with her fingers."Hey!," Yuju rubbed his forehead.

"Stop lying you weirdo," Eunbi grins.

"Shortie," He mumbles.

"What?!?" Eunbi looked at him angrily."What did you call me?," She growls.

"Short Short. Shortie!," Yuju teases as he runs from the fuming thirteen year old.

Eunbi chases after him with a grin"Come back you!," Eunbi would never tell Yuju the name in the diary. Never ever.


"That's wrong," Yuju sighs as he looks over her shoulder. They were in her room, doing their homework."Let me teach you," Eunbi sighed as he once again explained the entire concept of the chapter they were taught.

She observed him, how his nose crunches up in concentration. Yuju's dark eyes lighten as he goes more into detail into something she wasn't even listening to. He doesn't notice her stare but then again, Eunbi thinks, when does he ever.

"Hey," He poked her nose with the back of his pen. Yuju looked concern."Are you okay? You just out there," He said.

"I'm fine," Eunbi brushes him off with a smile and goes back to her work. Yuju frowns and stared at her for a minute before continuing his reading."Yuju-ah?.

"Hm?," Eunbi looks outside to the window.

She doesn't respond and he doesn't look away from her because...Because Eunbi was beautiful. When she does turn to face him though. Yuju's breath caught.

"You'll always have my back right?," She asked softly, with a shy uncertain smile. Yuju swallows a lump in his throat, he coughs and faces anywhere but her.

"Y-Yeah," Yuju misses as Eunbi smiles happily before it the atmosphere returns to before. When it was just a day of studying in Jung Eunbi's room.

What Eunbi doesn't know, was Yuju had promised himself to never let her go. To always be by her side, no matter what. And maybe for a fourteen year old teenager it wouldn't seem much, but it meant much to him.


 

Eunbi hides her scowl as she watches Yuju flirt with a classmate. Though it wasn't only a classmate, Jung Chaeyeon was one of the popular ones. Jung Chaeyeon was the girl who was infatuated with a Choi Yuju.

"You okay?," Her bestfriend, Sana asked.

"Great," Eunbi says sarcasm dripping from her words."Just amazing really," Sana, luckily, knows of the weird thing going on between Eunbi and Yuju. She finds it cute but also annoying on how idiotic they are.

"Good to know. Hey! Yuju come her for a sec," Eunbi eyes widens and looks in horror as Yuju runs over to them.

"What are you doing!," She hisses.

"What's up?," Yuju grins.

Eunbi pouts and glares at him"The sky, now go away," She said venomously. Yuju raises his hands in surrender as Sana only shakes her head.

"Yuju-ya, want to go on a double date? You with Chaeyeon, Eunbi with Jungkook? Well what do you say?," The two friends look at her like she's grown a head.

"What?," Yuju states dumbly.

"What!," Eunbi shrieks.

Sana ignores their outburst with an eyeroll"Well?," Yuju frowns as he turns to look at his friend's pale horrified face. He turns to Chaeyeon who smiles back sweetly at him.

He felt awkward, like the feeling of Eunbi with another guy that wasn't him pains him. It was weird how his heart dropped when Sana mentions Jungkook. It didn't feel right.

"Sure," He shruggs, trying to appear unfazed. Even if he wanted to murder a certain Jeon. At least he gets to take care of Eunbi, his mind tells him.

"Great, we'll text you the details," Sana grins. Eunbi's eyes are on Yuju as he goes off to Chaeyeon, most likely to explain the situation. Eunbi snaps back to Sana.

"WHAT.DID.YOU.DO?," Her naturally high voice goes low and her tone with a slight edge. Sana shruggs and smirks.

"Help you, that was what I did," She answer nonchalantly with a flip of her hair.

Eunbi narrowed her eyes"And how do you expect Jeon Jungkook is gonna come, since he doesn't even know about this disaster date?," Sana grins.

"Oh It's easy, he already has a crush on you anyway," Eunbi blinks as the information processed. Sana sighs at her friend.

"What?."


So this is the Eunha arc, maybe another chapter or two of flashbacks before the main story continues to flow. I'll update this week but not sure when.