Stuck With You

A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A brown envelope secured with a plastic one was dropped lightly right in front of her on the table. She hastily sipped on her orange juice, and then set it aside, wondering what’s inside that mysterious cover.

"Open it. Tell me if anything's wrong."

If you're wondering who Chorong’s with, unfortunately, it was Kim Junmyeon. He arranged the meeting himself, declaring the location, date, and time without even asking if she was okay with it. They were at a fancy Italian restaurant, and she was only wearing her casual clothes because she went there straight after her classes. With all the other people wearing elegant dresses and suits matched with expensive jewelry – from silver to gold, she felt out of place. Like a lonely kid wandering the busy streets of Seoul… homeless, no parents. But after a while, she ignored it. Those are just clothes and besides, they won't be here for long.

Chorong didn't want to wait further, so she opened the envelope and pulled out two papers. Her bored face turned into a shocked one as soon as she saw the contents inside.

Her name and picture was on the top left side, along with her background and a few of her personal information on the bottom portion of the page and on the second.

"What is this? Did you just investigate me this whole two weeks?" She tightened her grip on the papers, extremely frustrated. "Is that why you weren't bothering me?" His eyes lit up when he heard those words. Yet again, unfortunately, their conversation was interrupted when a waiter came up to their table and asked for their order.

Junmyeon thought about his meal for a long time, looking at the menu. Little did she know, he was also stealing glances at her, trying to read what she's trying to convey with her expressions. After deciding and telling his order, the waiter then turned to her, "And for you, Ma'am?"

"No, thank you." She refused politely, not liking the idea of ordering since the prices are ridiculously high. A sandwich for ₩8,000? She could already buy a whole meal with that, plus a dessert.

"Actually, she'll have the same as mine." He quickly added. Before Chorong could even protest, the waiter already left their table with a thank you.

He smiled that same smile again. She was already getting tired of it. "Don't worry. I'll pay." Junmyeon stated as soon as he saw her worried face. "Shall we continue?"

Chorong couldn't take her eyes off him, "Ah, y-yes..." somehow his stare was drawing her in... somewhere beyond her control. She did manage to look away after taking another sip from the glass of orange juice. "How did you do this? You could've just asked me instead of trying to look like a stalker." She managed to ask despite her perplexed mind, shoving the envelope and papers back towards him.

"I have my reasons..." He trailed off, using his fingers to lightly sway the water goblet. "Anyways, I invited you here because I need to know more about you and vice versa for this thing to work."

She stated with eyes full of doubt, "I'm not sure if I'll be able to survive this." It was true, for all she knows, she could break down in the middle of their date and tell everyone that, ‘listen y’all, I’m this bastard’s fake girlfriend!’ Or she could totally wing it and nail it at the same time.

No one knows for sure.

"What did you say?" Junmyeon asked, his eyes squinting.

"Nothing." She quickly avoided his question and tried to distract him with her own. "Well, my favorite color's white. What about yours?"

Well, at least that worked.

The tone of his voice told her that he became inquisitive with what Chorong asked. "Purple." And then she chuckled.

His eyebrows furrowed and is quite lost with her actions. "Why are you laughing?"

"I thought you'd say black or red. That was totally unexpected." Junmyeon was not able to say anything. Maybe he couldn't think of an awesome comeback or he's probably just too lazy to come up with a reply, so she hit him up with another question. "Favorite book?"

"Uh..." Chorong took note of that hesitation, which is odd. "One Piece."

Ah, so that's why.

"What? You read mangas?" She laughed again, unable to believe that a man like him, full of games and surprises and a flirt-machine, is interested in comic books. He seemed like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter