Who's the Cat?

A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay... see you soon."

Chorong ended the call almost immediately with Joohyun. She can't wait to tell her everything horrible that happened while she was with this bastard who's still driving. The only sound that can be heard of was from the car's roaring engine. Other than that, they were completely quiet... and awkward.

"I'll give it back to you soon." Junmyeon said, breaking the silence.

Park Chorong was too dazed to comprehend what he just said, too distracted. "Huh?"

"Your phone." He said when he put the car to a stop. He was still looking at the road in front of him as he explained, his hand on his knee and the other's on the steering wheel, "I just have to think about some things." Junmyeon looked at her directly in the eyes... it was hard to tell what those eyes mean this time around.

She didn't know what to say. Honestly, she was just getting tired of seeing his face all day.

"Make it quick." Chorong stated, unbuckling her seat belt and opening the car's door. Without another word, she got out and slammed it shut. Junmyeon never flinched at that.

Breathing out an exasperated sigh, she noticed that he dropped her off exactly at the café that he was talking about. She opened the glass door while still holding onto that large shirt she was wearing earlier. Chorong made a mental note to herself that she would at least wash it and then give it to him afterwards. Then she'll wait for him to know how she's actually going to pay for something so stupid as trying to cuff him onto the bedpost. Hopefully after that, he'll never bother her again.

Just as she thought he was gone...

After taking a seat next to a window, Chorong saw him walk towards the counter and order something. She lowered her head, feeling unsafe.

In her thoughts, she chanted the words, "leave... just leave," over and over again.

Amidst her ritual of trying to get rid of the playboy, she didn't notice that he was already walking towards where she was seated with an iced americano in one of his hands. As an act of surprise, he swiftly pulled out the chair across her and gave her a playful smile. "Let me talk to you," Junmyeon placed the coffee on the table and checked the time on his Guess silver watch, "for five more minutes."

Chorong stayed silent, both curiosity and confusion playing inside her mind.

"Why did you take Liberal Studies?"

When those last two words came out of his mouth, she immediately frowned, her eyebrows creasing in disbelief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter