Surprise

A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SURPRISE | 10

The weekend's almost saying hello to Chorong but then it decided to become a tease to her.

"Ugh," she groaned while stretching her arms up, "I have so much to do." Just looking at the pile of papers and books and her laptop in front of her makes her want to throw them all away into the trashcan. Aside from this horrible situation, she still hasn't solved the whole issue with Minseok and whoever that Minah was. It's been days since she's talked to him and it doesn't feel the same as before. She feels empty, to be perfectly honest, without him making fun of her.

In the middle of her contemplation, Joohyun knocked on her bedroom door and opened it, with her head peeking inside. "Chorongie~ do you want to go outside and have some fun?"

She didn't hear her over her rambling thoughts.

"Rong-ah!"

She jumped slightly on her seat while turning her head to look for the voice. "Hm, I guess you're not up for it today?" Joohyun asked.

"Up for what?" Chorong questioned confusingly.

"I'm going to go out with Seulgi today... but I see that you're busy with school stuff." She gave her a small smile, "good luck! I'm off." Before she could even say good bye, she already shut the door.

The silence tried filling her mind but the thing with Minseok is coming back again. So, she decided to look through her phone to distract herself for a while.

Oddly enough, as soon as she grabbed her phone which was placed on the desk, someone sent her a text message. She was surprised to see it was Junmyeon. Realizing it though, after a few more seconds, her frown became visible again.

From: Junmyeon-ew

Yah.

What the hell...? That's not even worth replying.

She ignored his text by swiping the notification to the right. However, Junmyeon seems as if he knows that she's getting annoyed by his messages. She opened his new message this time and was shocked to see what it contained.

From: Junmyeon-ew

Why did he send that to me?!

With a heavy sigh, she furiously tapped on her phone screen to send him back a message saying, 'What?!' But before she could actually send it, he called out of nowhere. Chorong exhaled loudly and closed her eyes to stop herself from raging.

She pressed the large green button, "What do you want?"

"You." He quickly said. "Come out."

Joohyun knocked on Minseok's door repeatedly which was just next to her and Chorong's unit. She impatiently shouted, "Yah! Open the door, will you?" She slammed her fists on the door again, hoping it would magically destroy itself. "If you don't come out within ten seconds, I will seriously –"

As soon as she said those words, Minseok opened the door with his small tired eyes, obvious because of his dark eyebags.

"What –" before he could even shout at her, Joohyun beat him to it.

Her eyes went wide out of pure hatred for him. "Huh?! You have the nerves to go snobbish at me?" Without asking for his permission, she entered his apartment and sat on the couch of the living room. The surroundings were different from his usual lifestyle... there were a lot of beer cans, bag of chips, and clothes lying around. It looked like total garbage. "What are you, an old man? Why aren't you cleaning?"

Minseok ignored her judgmental questions as he shut the door from behind.

"Are you not going to acknowledge the fact that you walked out on Chorong the other day and decided to ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter