No Choice

A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprisingly enough, Kim Junmyeon hasn't bothered Chorong in a while – actually, it's been two weeks since they've last interacted. However, even though she's quite glad, his face has been lingering in her mind for far too long that it's distracting her from doing important tasks at school. She can't help but think about her phone and that certain video. What if she just wakes up the next day and find that the video's already on the internet for everyone and the world to see? It's giving her nightmares, even when she's wide awake from all the caffeine she's taking since preliminary examinations are almost up.

And she can't keep up with all these reading and researching of more literature books and thinking of ideas for a project that she needs to do for her major course subjects. As much as she loves the library, somehow, it's also giving her anxiety – maybe it's because the library is like hell, also known as the studying-for-exams place.

Nevertheless, she can't stop herself from loving it. It's become her sacred area too; the silence of the place just gives her serenity.

"'A Werewolf Boy'... huh?" Chorong carefully let her fingers slide through the book covers, trying her best to find what she was looking for.

The reference number for the book was something along DF 178... and she's already looking at some books with the numbers 180 – maybe someone already borrowed it? But she's sure that there was still one available for it when she checked on the computer though.

She clicked her tongue out of frustration.

"Oh, Chorong-ssi?" A voice called out. She turned around to find a familiar face placing 'A Werewolf Boy' on the cart for used books.

Quickly, she exclaimed, "Ah! There it is," without even looking at the person. Of course, she immediately noticed that he was still there... but the thing is, she couldn't quite remember his name; even though she's a Literature student and it's given that they should be able to recall important names and characters.

"We met at the party," he explained once he saw that she wore a puzzled look on her face, "it's me, Kim Taehyung."

At the sound of his name, Chorong's face suddenly brightened up – thinking of Joohyun at the same time. "Nice to meet you again then, Taehyung-ssi." She beamed at him, also taking the book from the cart. "Did you just finish reading this?"

"Yes." He guided her towards a table for two, letting her walk first. "It was a good read, actually."

Chorong set three of the books from her hands on top of the table before taking a seat. "Oh, what made you pick up this book?"

"Well, to be honest, if not for my professor, I wouldn't have read it – considering it's about romance and fantasy. No offense though, if you're into those." He sat, putting a book called 'Nine' on the table as well. "I'm more of a mystery and horror kind of person." Taehyung pointed at the book in front of him, smiling.

Her smile faded as soon as she realized something when he said those words. "Wait – you're a Literature student?"

Now, she formed an o-shape with her small mouth. "Yeah. I'm guessing you are too?" She nodded at his question, feeling excited of meeting a new student with the same program she's taking other than her usual classmates.

After a while of getting to know him more – for the sake of Joohyun – she now has something to give to her best friend. Taehyung transferred here from a state university of his former hometown – after qualifying for the requirements here in SNU. She also knew that he's only a second year which got her to think that... Joohyun's hitting on a younger man? That's definitely new and odd.

"Oh, I'm a noona?" She pouted unconsciously, not really liking the idea of being older.

He laughed at her reaction, "Don't worry – you don't look like one, to be honest. I thought you were just around my age." Chorong brushed his compliment off by giving him a small smile. She wasn't good with accepting flattering remarks.

Before they knew it, the two were already talking about classic Korean literatures and some others about English. And soon, Taehyung was already opening up to her about Joohyun. She was surprised, to be honest – with him speaking to her freely and casually. She hasn't felt this connected with someone in a while too, it's like having an old childhood friend and it's somehow making her feel nostalgic. He's also a bit of a joker himself which was really unexpected.

Taehyung paused for a while to check his phone after laughing. Then his eyes went completely wide, "I have to go, Chorong-noona. My English class is almost starting."

Did he really have to call me that?

She didn't manage to say something else when he stood up to bow and then he walked away. But he stopped halfway to whisper to her – after all, they're still in the library. "Ah, by the way, we're hanging out by Jimin's karaoke place later. I'm pretty sure Joohyun's coming and you should too!"

He grinned before waving at her, "Bye!"

Maybe I should help Joohyun with him...

But Chorong brushed those thoughts away almost immediately as she figured that reading and interpreting the book in her hands is far more important than anything.

I'll think about it later.

 

#

 

Joohyun-ah, can I come with you later? I heard you're hanging out with your friends again?

No. This doesn't seem right... it sounds like I'm a stalker.

I met Taehyung earlier at the library and told me to come with you guys later after my class. Is it okay? I have things to tell you about him too~

Ah, yes, that's more like it.

It's only been twenty minutes since she sent that text to her. Surprisingly, Joohyun was already waiting for her outside the classroom as soon as the professor dismissed them. She dragged her towards the parking lot eagerly as she obviously can't wait to hear what Chorong has to say to her. They found her matte black car immediately while they were descending the stairs. Without waiting, she unlocked the doors and they entered the car.

As the blonde-haired girl pushed the key into the car's engine, Chorong announced, "Joohyun-ah, I have very good news." She tried not to squeal herself, but of course, she couldn't help it. Her action got her best friend more curious about what she's about to reveal.

She grinned at Chorong, her eyes twinkling while they were still in her car at the basement parking lot. "Spill the beans!"

"I think Taehyung --" Before she could even finish it, Joohyun shouted excitingly, "He likes me?!"

She frowned, slightly irked yet pleased at the same time. Chorong squin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter