Opulence

A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

op·u·lence
ˈäpyələns/

noun

great wealth or luxuriousness.
 

Indeed, she didn't know how to get out of Junmyeon's life once and for all.

She disassembled her already messy hair, extremely frustrated at the current situation she's in.

Chorong got up from the bed after a while and proceeded to get out of the room once she was calm and collected. The throbbing of her head was never gone though, also known as the hangover, and she'll never figure out how to cure it.

"Huh, so this is the life of a rich playboy." She murmured, walking down the hallway and staring at the large paintings pinned on the wall.

Park Chorong found herself in trance as she stepped into the living room with its white marbled floor tiles and windowed walls on the right side. The high ceilings gave her a larger perspective of, well, everything -- from its modern furnishing to the exposed bricked walls, giving it a stylish industrial look. She was astonished, to be perfectly honest. It kind of reminded her of when Joohyun and her moved into their current apartment.

Her stomach growled as soon as the kitchen was in her sight.

That definitely distracted her from the luxurious area she was in.

Without further ado, Chorong opened and grabbed the bagels and the jar of nutella inside the huge fridge. Well, there was no stopping her now especially since he insisted to take whatever she wanted, anyway. There was also her favorite orange juice, so she took it, feeling suddenly excited. For a second there, she almost forgot she was in Junmyeon's unit. Even though she didn't like the idea of being near him, Chorong has no choice but to stay put until he drops her off to Joohyun. She didn't have money with her to take a cab and for some odd reason, she also couldn't find a telephone around his living space.

Heck, she didn't even know where in South Korea she actually is.

After preparing a small breakfast, she sat on one of the the bar stools near the counters, watching the morning news on the wall-mounted flat-screen television that was already on ever since she got there.

The events of last night played back inside her mind out of the blue, troubling her. Chorong wondered how and why she got here in the first place, when she remembered that she never left Joohyun's side that time. In that crowded place? No. It would be stupid to wander that house alone.

"Enjoying yourself here?" Junmyeon's face appeared in front of her and she was startled, almost falling out of the chair. Good thing she caught her balance immediately, stepping on the ground with one foot while the other was on the bar stool's supporter. Unfortunately though, she dropped the bagel on the floor.

Chorong squinted her eyes at him, feeling slightly embarrassed seeing his toned, shirtless body for the second time. "Are you a homeless man?"

"Uh," he breathed out, confusion written on his face, "... no?"

"Then put some clothes on." She rolled her eyes at him, rotating the stool in the process so that she's facing the counter.

Junmyeon turned her around, gripping her shoulders tightly. "You know, not many girls get to see this." He cocked his eyebrow to one side, "Not even breathing here in my apartment."

"Ah!" She exclaimed in surprise, and then she grabbed a hold of her chin to think, "So you adopt homeless girls?"

Chorong thought she would be able to annoy him with that, but he still has that conceited smile on his face. "I think you just said you're a homeless girl with that question." He chuckled slightly and patted her shoulder twice. "Nice try." He walked away and disappeared into the hallway where his bedroom was.

I think I just lost my appetite... she thought.

Warm water dripping down her body sounded so good at the moment, but she remembered where she currently is.

The idea of her taking a shower near the casanova disgusts her... she'd rather stay in her white over sized shirt than risk herself getting filmed again or something. It just doesn't feel right to feel at home with some stranger. She's sure that any girl would like to be in her shoes right now, not her though. Chorong's not just any girl.

Which reminds her... how is she going to pay for him?

He certainly said that earlier.

It couldn't possibly be about money since he's already rich enough that he could buy an entire island and he would still have a lot of money. And what about with her body? No freaking way that would happen... from what she's heard of the students around her, Junmyeon is picky when it comes to girls.

Wow... as if women are just clothes for him.

"Hey, get ready in ten minutes." Speaking of clothes, he came back and dropped some on the stool beside her. She eyed it suspiciously.

Chorong is disgusted to think if that was from a former girl Junmyeon used to mess with, and that he's making her wear it -- so she asked, just in case. "Care to tell me why you have girls' clothing?"

"My sister's?" He uttered as if it was obvious in the first place.

"Oh." She noticed he was wearing a plain white shirt tucked into some beige-colored slacks and wondered why. Junmyeon looked at her, waiting for a better response. "Well, I don't want to just take --"

"Don't worry, I asked for her permission." He said before going back to his bedroom once again.

"Ah, alright then."

Chorong hesitantly went inside the bathroom. The steam from Junmyeon's shower session earlier was still there.

First thing she did was was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter