Vulnerable

A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong woke up to the sound of an alarm ringing loudly beside her right ear, adding to the worst headache she has felt in forever. She tried turning it off while half-asleep, reaching for the bedside table. However, she soon felt soft locks of hair in her hands... which confused her. Is this Joohyun? She immediately thought.

The hair wasn't long though. It only went down until the nape of the human's neck.

Who the hell is this, then?

Rigidly, Chorong sat up and opened her eyes. She was in an unfamiliar room, that's for sure. And then little by little, she turned around, only to see Junmyeon sleeping as if he's cruising through dreamland.

Junmyeon.

And he's shirtless.

She looked under the mattress to see if she was as well. Thank freaking goodness, it was the opposite! If it was the other way around, Chorong would have no pride in herself anymore.

That doesn't stop her from panicking though.

Questions were forming inside her head, and of course, she didn't know the answers to them. Why was she here? And with Junmyeon? What if they actually did it and he just put the clothes on her afterwards? Shoot. She was seriously panicking and she has no idea what to do. The only things she could remember were that she wore a pink dress yesterday for the party and she met Joohyun's friends... and they got drunk...? Then where the hell is that dress? She was sure that she's currently not wearing it anymore.

No, no, no... it can't be.

Junmyeon groaned, getting back her attention and he looks like he's waking up.

She didn't know why, but she pretended she was asleep again; probably in hopes of him getting out of this room as soon as possible. She laid back down on the bed, covered her eyes with her forearm and quietly waited for him to do something.

Chorong was expecting him to stand up and leave immediately as if they've done a one-night stand. She's sure as hell that she wouldn't let that happen -- over her dead body. Instead, he yawned, stretching his arms up and looking around. He smiled slightly when he saw Chorong by his side. "Ah, why did I let you sleep here..." Junmyeon trailed off, replacing his smile with a slight scowl and then he went silent for a while, still staring at her.

"No way... that is absurd."

Is he talking to himself?

She felt her heart beat out of her chest when a phone beside her ear rang. Chorong was hoping he didn't see her move. He looked over at the phone... more like glaring at it when he saw who the caller was. "Well, I guess it's time to die." He picked it up and held it beside his ear.

"Hey." He managed to let out coolly.

The voice on the other line was so loud he had to move the phone away from his ear for a second, though Chorong couldn't really comprehend who and what that person was talking about. "Yeah, yeah. I'll drop her off there." Junmyeon said while sitting up and getting out of the bed. He chuckled while grabbing a white shirt from the closet which was already open. "And no, I didn't."

"She almost tied me into the bedpost, you know." That was all Chorong could hear before his voice faded away and the door clicked shut.

Her heart was seriously beating so loud, it was the only sound she could hear.

"Why can't I remember anything?!" She whispered huskily once she gained control of her voice. She's in need of a water soon, for sure.

Chorong sat up and hurriedly searched for her belongings around the room and she could see her peach-colored purse laying on the carpeted floor, along with her pink dress. She threw the comforter aside and ran for her stuff, trying to find her phone as fast as she could. It was nowhere to be found though, much to her dismay. "Where the holy hell is it?!"

"Hey, language, babe." She stopped her movements abruptly, her heartbeat elevating at the speed of light. She didn't want to face him just yet... why did he have to come back in the room so quick?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter